Top Posters In This Topic

• Destiny

• Maddox

• Gui Blackout

• mariposa

Succession wins it's first Emmys this year :clap3:

OUTSTANDING SINGLE-CAMERA PICTURE EDITING FOR A DRAMA SERIES

Succession • This Is Not For Tears
HBO • HBO Entertainment in association with Project Zeus, Hyperobject Industries and Gary Sanchez Productions
Bill Henry, Editor
Venya Bruk, Additional Editor

OUTSTANDING CASTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES

Succession
HBO • HBO Entertainment in association with Project Zeus, Hyperobject Industries and Gary Sanchez Productions
Avy Kaufman, CSA, Casting by
Francine Maisler, CSA, Original Casting by

More categories announced throughout the week. Hoping for the best!! :fan:

https://deadline.com/2020/09/emmy-awards-creative-arts-2020-winners-list-1234571231/

Edited by Destiny

Cherry Jones wins first ACTING Emmy win for Succession. She was amazing as a guest last season :clap3:

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Succession • Tern Haven • HBO • HBO Entertainment in association with Project Zeus, Hyperobject Industries and Gary Sanchez Productions

Cherry Jones as Nan Pierce

https://deadline.com/2020/09/emmy-awards-creative-arts-2020-winners-list-1234571231/

5 hours ago, Destiny said:

Cherry Jones wins first ACTING Emmy win for Succession. She was amazing as a guest last season :clap3:

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Succession • Tern Haven • HBO • HBO Entertainment in association with Project Zeus, Hyperobject Industries and Gary Sanchez Productions

Cherry Jones as Nan Pierce

Yes Succession, yes wins :clap3:

Now let's take lead actor & supporting home :clap3:

Edited by mariposa
4 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Are they filming the new season yet? I love this show so much 

No. They’ll start in November, allegedly.

Best Drama on Television :clap3: Won 7 Emmys this year! :jonny5:

Outstanding Drama Series

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series - Jeremy Strong

Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series - Jesse Armstrong for "This Is Not For Tears"

Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series - Andrij Parekh for "Hunting"

Outstanding Casting in a Drama Series 

Outstanding Single- Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series - "This Is Not For Tears"

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series - Cherry Jones

We stan excellence!! :clap3:

• 3 weeks later...

James Murdoch, the youngest son of media mogul and chairman of Fox Corporation Rupert Murdoch, has not seen “Succession,” the HBO drama about a family who owns a media conglomerate and the children vying to succeed their aging father as its head — a family dynamic that hits pretty close to home.

In an exclusive interview with The New York Times’ Maureen Dowd, Murdoch admitted that he does not watch the Emmy-winning show. Dowd surmised that maybe he has made that choice “so he doesn’t have to answer pesky questions about the portrayal of sons who veer between feeling entitled and feeling unworthy because they fear everything they get is only because of their name.”

“I think the reality, my reality anyway, is that I’ve never felt that comfortable drawing any parallels because I don’t feel as if I live solely in a needy orbit of approval or whatever from the charismatic mega-fauna. Not at all,” he explained. “I’m entirely my own person.”

In 2018, “Succession” creator Jesse Armstrong swore the show’s characters were not based on the 21st Century Fox/News Corp. first family. Armstrong, however, wrote the famously un-produced “Murdoch” screenplay, which has appeared on Hollywood’s Black List.

“This is a fictional family,” he told reporters at the time, saying the moguls were only used “deeply in background.”

Source

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Weld_E said:

Is this a slow show? Might give it a chance.

Nope not slow. But the first few episodes of the first season can be very moderately good. From ep. 6 onwards it's pure excellence. Give it a chance, you might like it :clap3:

Just finished this...

It took me a couple of episode to get into it, but I was sold by episode 6. By the end of the first season, I thought it was a good show, but somewhat overrated by all the praise.

But season 2, OMG!!! The show's quality was elevated to a whole new level! I have not felt this intense and been this invested watching a show since GOT. Every episode was phenomenal. THAT ENDING :jonny5: 

Spoiler

the way Kendall was officially BACK to finish off what he started in season 1 :WAP:

What did you guys think of the final scene?

Spoiler

Was Logan in on the plan all along and pushing Kendal to be a 'killer' or was he surprised but impressed by his sons actions?

On 11/12/2019 at 3:26 PM, Khal said:

Just started Season 2 and what's the point of Roman?

I feel like every other character no matter how vile, annoying or removed from the family drama (Connor is basically comic relief) at least have some use, but Roman is just... :doc:  He's constantly a dick and unlike the other family members who at least have some human moments, he just seems pointless. 

I have to agree with all of this. His character has no redeeming qualities, I loathed him since S01E06 for obvious reasons.

19 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Just finished this...

It took me a couple of episode to get into it, but I was sold by episode 6. By the end of the first season, I thought it was a good show, but somewhat overrated by all the praise.

But season 2, OMG!!! The show's quality was elevated to a whole new level! I have not felt this intense and been this invested watching a show since GOT. Every episode was phenomenal. THAT ENDING :jonny5: 

Reveal hidden contents

the way Kendall was officially BACK to finish off what he started in season 1 :WAP:

What did you guys think of the final scene?

Reveal hidden contents

Was Logan in on the plan all along and pushing Kendal to be a 'killer' or was he surprised but impressed by his sons actions?

Welcome to the club! :clap3: Make sure you're back for episode discussions when season 3 premieres :fan:

Honestly that final scene is so ambiguous, Logan's reaction can be interpreted in so many different ways. That's why it's a great cliffhanger! :fan:

• 5 months later...
kgeezy310
28 minutes ago, VOSS said:

Isn’t this Becky with the good hair

No that was Rachel Roy 

Park Jinyoung

Can they give us a date so I can plan and perfectly time my 4th rewatch :biblio:

1 hour ago, kgeezy310 said:

No that was Rachel Roy 

Oh wait, Sanaa was the one who bit Beyoncé

Edited by VOSS