Destiny

Succession: Emmy Best Drama 2020| RT 97%; MC 88

mokitsu

OMG KENDALL DID THAT! :jonny5:

5 hours ago, KylieistBoi said:

Logan looked so proud of him, though :dies: Which is sick imo but makes sense in the context of the show I guess. 

he did :dies:   i guess his goal was always for his children to be ruthless so it makes sense

thirdward

when he said kendall wasn’t a killer and the zoom and kendall’s face... yeah that was easy to predict

thirdward

why did shiv get married to Tom :deadbanana4:

Gui Blackout
8 minutes ago, thirdward said:

why did shiv get married to Tom :deadbanana4:

Cause he's the ultimate beta to her alpha

Destiny

HabbGaga

I'm loving this. Currently on season 2 episode 4. At first I was turned off by the unlikable characters and me not knowing whether or not it's a drama or a comedy but now it's like the perfect blend. All the acting is so natural, it almost feels unscripted sometimes especially the banter between siblings. The father nails his role so well, they all do really. I really cannot stand Kendall, his face, his personality like he is actually revolting to me. He is like one my least favourite characters on a television series ever. And like sometimes their are characters you love to hate but Kendall disgusts me.

Destiny
24 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

I'm loving this. Currently on season 2 episode 4. At first I was turned off by the unlikable characters and me not knowing whether or not it's a drama or a comedy but now it's like the perfect blend. All the acting is so natural, it almost feels unscripted sometimes especially the banter between siblings. The father nails his role so well, they all do really. I really cannot stand Kendall, his face, his personality like he is actually revolting to me. He is like one my least favourite characters on a television series ever. And like sometimes their are characters you love to hate but Kendall disgusts me.

Mess :toofunny2: I also used to dislike Kendall but I changed during the second half of the first season. I love him now :fan:

Also, you've just seen BOAR ON THE FLOOR! Thoughts? :jonny5:

HabbGaga
32 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Mess :toofunny2: I also used to dislike Kendall but I changed during the second half of the first season. I love him now :fan:

Also, you've just seen BOAR ON THE FLOOR! Thoughts? :jonny5:

I loathe him. He is such a weasel. When that person spat on his face, I was so satisfied. I hate him so much, so much so that I'm hating on the actor. He is just so gross to me. At the moment it feels like he is toying with the idea of suicide and I wish he would. That's how much I hate him.

Boar on the floor was one of the most bizarre, hilariously over the top things I've ever seen on television, how they made that work and it not be a complete campy mess was impressive. It was dehumanising and completely abusive in such an absurd way, but I love the father so much, I hope he wins an Emmy for his role. His hand movements, how he tells everybody to **** off, when he told Kendall he was a nobody I-

HabbGaga

Nah this was amazing. I'm dying just rewatching it.

"but the rules are that you are spared if you tell the truth, and I just told you the truth"

"oh there are rules? do you know something greg, there are no f*cking rules.." *whispers and points* "over there"

the oinking. :dies:

The way they have made all these characters completely terrified of him, but he isn't some murderous blood thirsty villain in the tradition sense. Genius.

Edited by HabbGaga

Kings.

I don’t mean to be that person, but I’m still confused as to how NONE of the actors were nominated for a thing at this years Emmy’s. I guess they’ll be shoe-ins next year with GOT going off the air.

HabbGaga
1 minute ago, Kings. said:

I don’t mean to be that person, but I’m still confused as to how NONE of the actors were nominated for a thing at this years Emmy’s. I guess they’ll be shoe-ins next year with GOT going off the air.

Would they have been nominated for season 1 or 2? or is season 2 for next year?

Edited by HabbGaga

Kings.
4 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

Would they have been nominated for season 1 or 2? or is season 2 for next year?

The show’s first season was eligible this past Emmy’s season. It did end up with 5 nominations and won 2, but none were for acting.

HabbGaga
4 minutes ago, Kings. said:

The show’s first season was eligible this past Emmy’s season. It did end up with 5 nominations and won 2, but none were for acting.

Oh well hopefully season 2 changes that.

Gui Blackout
19 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

Oh well hopefully season 2 changes that.

It will for sure. Especially now without GoT clogging the Supporting categories, I think Jeremy, Kieran and Brian will all get Supporting Actor nods, Sarah on Supporting Actress and Holly Hunter on Guest Actress. 

Destiny
2 hours ago, HabbGaga said:

I loathe him. He is such a weasel. When that person spat on his face, I was so satisfied. I hate him so much, so much so that I'm hating on the actor. He is just so gross to me. At the moment it feels like he is toying with the idea of suicide and I wish he would. That's how much I hate him.

Boar on the floor was one of the most bizarre, hilariously over the top things I've ever seen on television, how they made that work and it not be a complete campy mess was impressive. It was dehumanising and completely abusive in such an absurd way, but I love the father so much, I hope he wins an Emmy for his role. His hand movements, how he tells everybody to **** off, when he told Kendall he was a nobody I-

Mess you really hate him I- :deadbanana4: The events of the season 1 finale actually made me feel for him and it was probably the only time I ever felt for anyone on this show :cm:  What a tragic thing to happen :devil:

That scene made me CRINGE so hard... it was so uncomfortable watching it. Poor Tom :lmao: Also the dinner at "Tern Haven" with the Pierces was so awkward and Shiv just made it worse. This show has made me cringe more times than anything i've ever watched :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

Yeah that sucked. Brian Cox, Kieran Culkin, Sarah Snook, Matthew Macfadyen all deserved nominations and Jeremy Strong deserved to win for his performance in season 1. He gave such a great performance in the season 1 finale :clap3:

But Kieran Culkin did get nominated at the Golden Globes and Matthew Macfadyen did get a Critics Choice nomination so at least that's something :cm:

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

It will for sure. Especially now without GoT clogging the Supporting categories, I think Jeremy, Kieran and Brian will all get Supporting Actor nods, Sarah on Supporting Actress and Holly Hunter on Guest Actress. 

Jeremy Strong and Brian Cox are considered leads and are submitted in the Lead Actor category, same for Sarah Snook who gets submitted in Lead Actress. :devil:

Gui Blackout
5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Jeremy Strong and Brian Cox are considered leads and are submitted in the Lead Actor category, same for Sarah Snook who gets submitted in Lead Actress. :devil:

Oh I thought they were doing the all Supporting thing. Good, that opens for Matthew and/or Nicholas to get a nod too :duca:

Leptine

Brian Cox is getting the Emmy next year, his performance this season was stellar.

Leptine
On 10/14/2019 at 8:33 AM, KylieistBoi said:

OMG this was an amazing season finale :jonny:I knew that ending was coming I still gasped when Kendall started doing what he did :jonny5:Logan looked so proud of him, though :dies: Which is sick imo but makes sense in the context of the show I guess. 

I just wish Shiv could have given up Tom. 

I honestly didn't expect it and it rarely happens with shows nowadays to me, I was shook, but then at the end I remember that at the beginning of the episode, if I didn't understand wrong, somebody of the board of the company called Roy and told him that the actionists wanted to be him to resign, so I kind had the doubt that this is what he wanted and that he tested the son to see if he had courage for that.

Honestly I didn't expect this because Roy still has proves of Kendall involvement in the incident with the British guy and the fact he helped him cover his ass like we saw at the end of season 1, so I take for granted that he would have never turned on his dad again, like he did during all this season kissing his ass.

Matthew

Just got all caught up. Been avoiding this thread until I was done. What an amazing show. Wasn’t really feeling S1 but S2 is amazing. I think it was just watching enough until I got used to the tone. 

Also, I kinda love how Shiv is sticking up for Tom. Did anybody else think she was turned on when Tom was yelling at her on the beach? And then Tom eating Logan’s chicken :ahh:

HabbGaga
6 hours ago, Leptine said:

I honestly didn't expect it and it rarely happens with shows nowadays to me, I was shook, but then at the end I remember that at the beginning of the episode, if I didn't understand wrong, somebody of the board of the company called Roy and told him that the actionists wanted to be him to resign, so I kind had the doubt that this is what he wanted and that he tested the son to see if he had courage for that.

Honestly I didn't expect this because Roy still has proves of Kendall involvement in the incident with the British guy and the fact he helped him cover his ass like we saw at the end of season 1, so I take for granted that he would have never turned on his dad again, like he did during all this season kissing his ass.

So you think Logan set this up? Because I couldn't decide.

Khal

Just started Season 2 and what's the point of Roman?

I feel like every other character no matter how vile, annoying or removed from the family drama (Connor is basically comic relief) at least have some use, but Roman is just... :doc:  He's constantly a dick and unlike the other family members who at least have some human moments, he just seems pointless. 

ilovesomething

Just finished S2, and I have to say this, I don't care what the others think.  I f**king hate Logan Roy. Every main character is not likable at any aspect but Logan is , from the start to the end,  by far the extraordinarily disgusting one.

The season finale is probably the second favorite of mine recently.  TOP 1 is The Morning Show, which ends incredibly powerful.

Destiny

It's been an interesting beginning of the new year!

Golden Globe wins!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnLwJ61ddISQ6kUd8NmoD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcEmcXkn0mmZNLlZM7cdT

Critics Choice wins!

EOIOGwoU0AAApXR.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxYWlPnavj97WeTohJ-cB

The show also won at the Producers Guild of America and Writers Guild of America for Drama Series. I think it's safe to say we'll be slaying at the Emmys this year :clap3:

TaylorNation

I've been hearing how amazing this show is for a while now. I watched the first three episodes last night but I'm not able to connect... should I stick with it a little bit more or abandon?