Coachella 2019: Sunday Service

JBJT2786

16 minutes ago, Koreku said:

The singing was great, the outfit was great, even the backdrops were nice

The issue I have with ari's performance is the same issue I had with Gaga's last year: the show did not feel like an experience. Both just performed their songs one by one with some choreo and some backdrops and that was it. Beyoncé gave us a CONCEPT, and every single moment was coordinated. 

If Gaga and Ari gave us more dancers on the stage, more flashy stage effects, better transitions between the songs etc. things would've been so much better. 

I think for comparisons sake...Ari and Gaga were replacements for previously announced artists ( Kanye and Beyonce).

Tame Impala did great because they're veterans to this scene despite being a replacement to Justin....

I'm not wondering how different Coachella wouldve been if Justin, Kanye and Solange actually showed up as planned?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

I think for comparisons sake...Ari and Gaga were replacements for previously announced artists ( Kanye and Beyonce).

Tame Impala did great because they're veterans to this scene despite being a replacement to Justin....

I'm not wondering how different Coachella wouldve been if Justin, Kanye and Solange actually showed up as planned?

Kanye's performance would've been crazy. I feel like he would've SNAPPED with the stage effects, the mixing of the songs etc.

Not to undermine the amount of effort that goes into headlining, but would it really have been hard for Gaga and Ari to reach out a committee that could have put together cool stage & lighting effects, get a large crew of dancers in different outfits that would come in and out, simple transitions between the songs etc? Like if Ari and Gaga just focused on knowing the setlist of their show, their teams could've just managed all the other flashy stuff. I'm not exactly buying the idea that them being replacements was that big of a setback 

I still need to watch Anderson Paak and Janelle's sets. I don't think they're available on the streams anymore tho which is annoying. :eli:

1 hour ago, Puttanesca said:

I still need to watch Anderson Paak and Janelle's sets. I don't think they're available on the streams anymore tho which is annoying. :eli:

Wait til weekend 2 :eli:

6_INCH_HEELS

This year just seemed so uneventful. I forgot it was happening until Bey announced her documentary. I thought weekend one was starting this Friday. :deadbanana4:

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Janelle was just a tier below Beychella, if she was a Bey-sized, I'd argue her performance would have been even closer to or on par with Bey

Her set was way too slept on

Too many lies in one post :deadbanana4:

just rewatched J Balvin's set and whew, he truly really did THAT

the way he was the best act by FAR, king :jonny5:

Judas Bertha
1 hour ago, Sabbath said:

just rewatched J Balvin's set and whew, he truly really did THAT

the way he was the best act by FAR, king :jonny5:

him and bad bunny SNAPPED. ugh, latin kings make me so proud of being latino :jonny5:

11 hours ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

This year just seemed so uneventful. I forgot it was happening until Bey announced her documentary. I thought weekend one was starting this Friday. :deadbanana4:

I guess it’s who you follow? For me there were plenty of highlights.

Tama Impala, Janelle Monaé, Rosalía, Billie Eilish and BLACKPINK made the festival for me and they all slayed.

cliche_display
8 hours ago, Judas Bertha said:

him and bad bunny SNAPPED. ugh, latin kings make me so proud of being latino :jonny5:

bad bunny's set was so boring and the lyrics so unintelligible I fell asleep before khalid came on and missed my fav :-$

those two were the WORST on the lineup. wish they'd given their spots to more interesting artists like ally or solange

Judas Bertha
12 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

bad bunny's set was so boring and the lyrics so unintelligible I fell asleep before khalid came on and missed my fav :-$

those two were the WORST on the lineup. wish they'd given their spots to more interesting artists like ally or solange

i- :ahh:

35 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

These lies :ahh:

BB got literally the loudest crowd outside of BP in the festival.  SEETHE SIS.

killer_rose

Ariana will be streamed in a little more than 12 hours. Hopefully the shows goes better and without any technical difficulties this time.

They're running late. I didnt go cuz we still stayed til kid cudi ( which was til 1 -_-) Sunday Service was sending people out at 6am and no one of was beat for that :rip:

Plus most of us got to see him anyway at Kid Cudi last night.

Archived