• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Fenty

• Caesar

• X~MoviePoP

• The Witch

so they've cut off the original intro in the pilot. i remember reading the plot summary in January and the description of this scene ****ed me up

Despite HBO's enthusiasm for authentic and edgy content, the network does have its limits. According to Levinson and Zendaya, execs pushed back on two scenes. One was the opening shot, which in the final version begins with Zendaya's character narrating her birth. "I was repeatedly crushed over and over by the cruel cervix of my mother," she says as a CGI clip of herself as a baby in utero plays onscreen.

But Levinson actually wanted to start with a dolly shot that began on the lights in the hospital room, boomed down behind a doctor and went straight between her mother's legs and into her vagina.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hbos-explicit-euphoria-courts-controversy-how-teen-sex-is-1217606

9 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

So this show has over 100 penis shots. Like its really going there. Lots of real and fake ones. And also ive been told they cut a locker room carrie style scene because of too much penises in the scene. 

It wasn't cut. It was just reduced from 80 penises to 30 penises 

is miss Zendaya gonna have nude scenes in this? she still seems so innocent and Disneyfied to me :rip: 

51 minutes ago, Luner45 said:

It wasn't cut. It was just reduced from 80 penises to 30 penises 

Is it necessary to have that much nudity Dx

On 6/5/2019 at 10:33 AM, Mr.Fenty said:

yup, it will start some twitter wars

Yikes is it that one teen characters that basically has a live feed Dx sounds like the social media ho storyline

10 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

So this show has over 100 penis shots. Like its really going there. Lots of real and fake ones. And also ive been told they cut a locker room carrie style scene because of too much penises in the scene. 

why so many :bibliahh:

33 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Is it necessary to have that much nudity Dx

Its HBO so yes, of course. 

If HBO has no problem showcasing full nude woman on screen like in GoT, then it should be effortless when it happens to men.

3 hours ago, Luner45 said:

If HBO has no problem showcasing full nude woman on screen like in GoT, then it should be effortless when it happens to men.

I don't care about it being HBO but I'm saying is the nudity integral to the plot? Like is all of this nudity really necessary in what's suppose to be a teen drama?

6 hours ago, Luner45 said:

Well that’s a good point. I don’t think it’s necessary to see that much nudity from men or women tbh but we’ll see. Zendaya is really growing up 

On 6/5/2019 at 2:14 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

My friend was a roommate with one of the lead white actresses on this show. She told me that the actress is racist, rude and very very disrespectful behind other peoples backs..especially females. I want her to come out and expose her because this actress is so toxic but she cant...bc shes tryna become a actress too and doesnt want bad blood.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:29 PM, Mr.Fenty said:

are you talking about Hunter? would be a mess especially since she is an activist.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:43 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

Idk who hunter is but i wont say the actresses name but i know karmas gonna get her. Shes also in a movie coming out this year with huge stars.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:51 PM, The Witch said:

omg spill iT sis 

lmao this is obviously Sydney Sweeney. She is in "Once upon a time in hollywood" which fulfills the "movie coming out this year with huge stars" hint lol. She plays the love interest of Algee Smith (black guy) so lol if she's really racist.

Edited by PurpleQueen

21 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

I don't care about it being HBO but I'm saying is the nudity integral to the plot? Like is all of this nudity really necessary in what's suppose to be a teen drama?

Of course the nudity is integral to the plot, the same way season 8 of Game of Thrones was the perfect way to wrap up the series and bring everything in full circle without ruining character arks. 

I'm being very sarcastic btw, In case u never watched game of thrones. 

The plot of euphoria is something that I can barely figure out 

I really didn't care about this show until I heard it is going to be full of frontal male nudity :dies:  I'm here to fight misogynists who think male nudity is unnecessary but has no complaints about female nudity. Let's go Zendaya :alexz: 

I read some reviews, most of them are praising the visuals, cinematography and Zendaya's performance but criticised the dialogue and writing (as expected). Also, the backlash for the nude scenes are so ridiculous. 

On 6/13/2019 at 3:56 AM, Scandalous said:

is miss Zendaya gonna have nude scenes in this? she still seems so innocent and Disneyfied to me :rip: 

Same. I'm honestly curious to see how far she'll go. :dies:

1 hour ago, Staryu said:

Does this premiere tonight after Big Little Lies? :duca: 

yep, 10pm

3 hours ago, Scandalous said:

yep, 10pm

Perfect! I’ll have 2 shows to watch on HBO :duca: 

pilot was OK...I just felt like nothing really happened plot-wise but hopefully they’re just setting up the characters for now. Zendaya’s performance really impressed me

I like it so far but this was me the whole ep:

Related image

Holy ****. I am BALD. I love this. Finally a us show that rivals skins in terms of realistic stuff without censoring :jonny5:

zendaya did THAT. I like Jules and Kat a lot

too