Canadian Politics

LookinIn

On 3/2/2019 at 5:54 PM, diboy said:

I believe Jody tbh. 

she just seems like a bitter woman who was demoted because she wasn't a team player to me. She seems like a strong headed woman who doesn't see any gray areas which is always a problem in government to me, **** ain't black and white. 

Anyways before I make my final judgement on SNC scandal 

giphy.gif

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mezik

• MaRy

• OBEY

• LookinIn

Top Posters In This Topic

Seat Prediction as of March 5th 2019

Conservatives - 157 (+60)

Liberals - 142 (-42)

NDP - 23 (-18)

Bloc - 14 (+4)

Greens - 2 (+1)

On 3/5/2019 at 3:02 PM, LookinIn said:

Seat Prediction as of March 5th 2019

Conservatives - 157 (+60)

Liberals - 142 (-42)

NDP - 23 (-18)

Bloc - 14 (+4)

Greens - 2 (+1)

Conservative Minority isn’t bad, because Libs/NDP/Green can form a coalition.

Theres still plenty of time until the November elections ... I don’t think the polls account for how basically everyone in Ontario hates Ford and will do anything to prevent that from happening at a federal level.

1 minute ago, Mezik said:

Conservative Minority isn’t bad, because Libs/NDP/Green can form a coalition.

Theres still plenty of time until the November elections ... I don’t think the polls account for how basically everyone in Ontario hates Ford and will do anything to prevent that from happening at a federal level.

I’m not sure they see the feds as they do the provincial cons here tbh 

also douggie is still beloved by a lot of people here. 

1 hour ago, LookinIn said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/scheer-pizzagate-townhall-1.5048256

this y'all boi @ABEL-o-matic , a man who takes a question seriously linking Trudeau to the Clinton Foundation and Pizza Gate?????

Andrew Scheer needs to ROT, every time he opens this mouth I am more and more convinced

I told you already I'm not voting this October.  I don't like Scheer at all. :skull:  

4 minutes ago, ABEL-o-matic said:

I told you already I'm not voting this October.  I don't like Scheer at all. :skull:  

Good sis:worship2: 

at this point I wouldn’t even mind May somehow winning a majority government just for the kiis 

my party ranking by desirability 

1. Liberals  

2. Greens 

3. NDP

4. Cons

5. PPC

what about everyone else? 

Justin’s got a racism and sexism scandal blowing up Twitter now. :rip:

• 4 months later...

Just a few more weeks until official campaigning begins and the polls as of right now show Trudeau trailing and the NDP falling substantially as well: 

CON - 35.4%

LIB - 31.3%

NDP - 14.8%

GRN - 10.8%:eek:

BQ - 4.4%

PPC - 2.4%

Other - 1.6%

Seat Predictions: Conservative Minority 

Cons - 156

Libs - 140

NDP - 22

BQ - 14

GRN - 5 :eek:

OTH - 1 

I'm shook at the massive gains for the greens, people really switch like ******s huh? 

However the higher credibility polls have conservatives leading by 8 points :deadbanana4:, this really is Scheer's election to lose 

I hate to say this, but we kind of need to hope that Singh ends up being the massive flop that some people are predicting he'll be, because if he starts dropping, his support will move more to Trudeau than it will to Scheer :emofish:

1 minute ago, shelven said:

I hate to say this, but we kind of need to hope that Singh ends up being the massive flop that some people are predicting he'll be, because if he starts dropping, his support will move more to Trudeau than it will to Scheer :emofish:

He is dropping sis thank god, and I hope he keeps flopping, however the downward trend for Trudeau is still continuing because it would appear that alot of the NDP support is instead getting directed toward the greens rather than the libs

2 minutes ago, LookinIn said:

He is dropping sis thank god, and I hope he keeps flopping, however the downward trend for Trudeau is still continuing because it would appear that alot of the NDP support is instead getting directed toward the greens rather than the libs

Yeah that 10% for Green is definitely surprising. Seems like there's a pretty sizeable group of people who hate both Trudeau and Scheer and will find any way not to vote for either of them. A lowkey US 2016 tea :deadbanana4:

7 minutes ago, shelven said:

Yeah that 10% for Green is definitely surprising. Seems like there's a pretty sizeable group of people who hate both Trudeau and Scheer and will find any way not to vote for either of them. A lowkey US 2016 tea :deadbanana4:

it will be 2016 for Canada and before you ask, yes I will blame those who vote for the Greens or NDP or others for Scheer as prime minister and the dismantling of our healthcare system and social services. 

19 minutes ago, LookinIn said:

However the higher credibility polls have conservatives leading by 8 points :deadbanana4:, this really is Scheer's election to lose 

Do you think NDP will support a minority liberal government and give it another term?

Just now, Monster Megamind said:

Do you think NDP will support a minority liberal government and give it another term?

Hopefully, Elizabeth may and the greens said they would so I hope that is the case. 

However that is futile in the case of a Conservative majority which at the moment is more likely than a liberal minority.

If Trudeau ends up with a minority, I hope he is smart enough this time to institute proportional representation reform this time since all three parties agree on electoral reform. 

Once that is instituted it will become 100x harder for Conservatives to win and form a government again.

1 minute ago, LookinIn said:

If Trudeau ends up with a minority, I hope he is smart enough this time to institute proportional representation reform this time since all three parties agree on electoral reform. 

Once that is instituted it will become 100x harder for Conservatives to win and form a government again.

Please explain to me what is that

3 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

Please explain to me what is that

Proportional representation is an electoral system which allocates seats in parliament based on the portion of the popular vote received. Our current FPTP system regularly allows for a party carrying 40% of the vote to win a majority government, which is how conservatives still manage to dominate since they only have the one right wing party whereas there is three left wing ones. 

In the most simplest terms, Proportional representation would mean if a party wins 35% of the national vote, they would get 35% of the seats in parliament, though the way it would be instituted is difficult (whether we do it with the national votes or the provincial ones). 

Trudeau ran and won on Electoral reform, but the commission he set up to decide what they should reform came back with proportional representation, which Trudeau didn't want (he wanted the system Maine currently has has which is STV, because it would favour the liberals), so he ended up just scrapping the promise which pissed of alot of people. 

7 minutes ago, LookinIn said:

Hopefully, Elizabeth may and the greens said they would so I hope that is the case. 

However that is futile in the case of a Conservative majority which at the moment is more likely than a liberal minority.

The bloque will obviously support the conservatives. I just hope CON + BQ is less than Majority.

1 minute ago, LookinIn said:

Proportional representation is an electoral system which allocates seats in parliament based on the portion of the popular vote received. Our current FPTP system regularly allows for a party carrying 40% of the vote to win a majority government, which is how conservatives still manage to dominate since they only have the one right wing party whereas there is three left wing ones. 

In the most simplest terms, Proportional representation would mean if a party wins 35% of the national vote, they would get 35% of the seats in parliament, though the way it would be instituted is difficult (whether we do it with the national votes or the provincial ones). 

Trudeau ran and won on Electoral reform, but the commission he set up to decide what they should reform came back with proportional representation, which Trudeau didn't want (he wanted the system Maine currently has has which is STV, because it would favour the liberals), so he ended up just scrapping the promise which pissed of alot of people. 

Wtf. What a self defeating buffoon

If conservatives come they will cut funding to Healthcare... What a disaster this decade is turning out for the left...