Canadian Politics

LookinIn

On 12/31/2021 at 9:42 AM, Bad Decisions said:

Everything is such a mess in this damn province :skull: I hate it here so much.

talking about quebec?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mezik

• MaRy

• OBEY

• LookinIn

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/31/2021 at 10:19 AM, Kamil24 said:

Now I'm pretty sure I was exposed to Omicron on the 19th, had it before Christmas & recovered :skull:

I was exposed to it on the 18/19 also at a club. thank god it's all over now. 

On 12/31/2021 at 12:59 PM, Luner45 said:

All this bullshit going on regarding delaying schools and restricting eligibility for pcr tests, yet no one can book a booster to save themselves and the government refuses to mail everyone a rapid test. Thus making it more difficult for us to know whether we have covid or not.

Happy new year y'all and good luck :biblionny:

Did Ford shut down some testing clinics like Legault did too in the fall? what a freaking mess omg

Well, indoor dining is not allowed, gyms have to close, indoor gatherings reduced to 5 and outdoor gatherings reduced to 10 and stores and malls will be reduced yet again.

Doofus Ford needs to get TF out already. Ontario has the WORST government EVER!

Non emergent and no emergency surges are being paused. Schools won't open until Jan 17.

Cases dropped to 13,578 cases today a drop from the 16,174 from Sunday.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/01/02/ontario-covid19-restrictions-doug-ford/

I mean, it’s a damned if he does/doesn’t situation. Sad about the gym closures in particular. 

the switch from moving school in person 2 days later to 2 weeks online is funny

On 12/27/2021 at 7:05 PM, Luner45 said:

I had no idea he was a Christmas baby :rip:

Yup he is lol. I can't imagine being born on the 25th chile. Your birthday overshadowed by a the biggest holiday of the year :rip:

Doug Ford put himself in this position.. it is a redux of February to April of last year. All the signs pointed towards this, but the government decided to act 3 weeks late. Closures aren't even the answer, not even the Liberals were calling for them. But nothing has been done, no testing/tracing infrastructure, super delayed booster campaign (not at the fault of Federal supply, that of which has sat dormant for months since the explosive summer dosing effort), no improved filtration in schools province wide, no increased pay for nurse and HCWS and LTC, no supports for those now laid off a THIRD TIME (me) because of inaccurate lockdown measure apart from a paltry $300/wk from the Feds (whom I can hardly blame at this moment because they are providing at least somethng, after having fronted the vast majority of the pandemic bill, but still it isn't enough). The provincial government's lack of initiative to improve capacity as well as workforce of nurses and doctors during the past 2 years, knowing more waves are coming is the fault of the government and themselves alone. 

He managed to anger everyone and he doesn't deserve any sort of sympathy of having to choose the one of two evils out of the illusion of having no choice to do so. Delay delay delay, ignore, don't use federal funds, focus on campaigning and building your stupid Fu**ING highway, and this is what happens, even though the warning signs were big and obvious. 

Election in 6 months. 

Edited by BNF91

Has anyone in Ontario been waiting forever for results? I didn't get tested, but my brother got sick on December 20th, and I felt kind of sick shortly afterwards. He got tested & still no results. I just want to know if it was Covid (I assume yes, since 2 of his friends were positive). My friend got tested a day after my brother and she is also still waiting :skull:

The fact that the stupid government closed indoor dining, closed movie theatres and gyms, went back to that lame as f/ck "lockdown" 2 by limiting store/mall capacity. 

No wonder people are getting sick/diagnoised with Covid cause they gotta wait in the freezing cold for FFS.

It's winter, what the hell did fatty Ford except. Did doofus except cases to plunge...

Doug Fraud needs to go. He does NOT care about anybody in this province. Actually, his whole team doesn't.

3 hours ago, Kamil24 said:

Has anyone in Ontario been waiting forever for results? I didn't get tested, but my brother got sick on December 20th, and I felt kind of sick shortly afterwards. He got tested & still no results. I just want to know if it was Covid (I assume yes, since 2 of his friends were positive). My friend got tested a day after my brother and she is also still waiting :skull:

I got my  results 18 days later :rip: so yes.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:27 PM, Legacy said:

I got my  results 18 days later :rip: so yes.

EXCUSE ME???? The longest I've heard here in quebec was 4 days and I got mine on December 23rd in less than 24h

Edited by OBEY

18 hours ago, OBEY said:

EXCUSE ME???? The longest I've heard here in quebec was 4 days and I got mine on December 23rd in less than 24h

My brother has been waiting 15 days. my friend 14 days... still no result (Ontario).

Canadian sistrens what is going on? :deadbanana2:. Doug Ford serving I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor's Version) feat. Annamie Paul. 

7 hours ago, Mellark said:

Canadian sistrens what is going on? :deadbanana2:. Doug Ford serving I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor's Version) feat. Annamie Paul. 

just Doug Ford trying to make the entire healthcare system collapse so he could privatize it and get rich

I FINALLY got booked an earlier appointment for the booster. Instead of waiting until 03/11, I now made it for 01/21 (next Friday) at the Sheridan Centre in Mississauga. Hopefully it'll be Pfizer but I think it's gonna be Moderna (which I'm fine w/ now.)

4 hours ago, katymysassqueen said:

I FINALLY got booked an earlier appointment for the booster. Instead of waiting until 03/11, I now made it for 01/21 (next Friday) at the Sheridan Centre in Mississauga. Hopefully it'll be Pfizer but I think it's gonna be Moderna (which I'm fine w/ now.)

if ur first two shots are Pfizer then a Moderna booster actually is more effective in the long run 

1 hour ago, getback said:

if ur first two shots are Pfizer then a Moderna booster actually is more effective in the long run 

That's what I heard too.

10 hours ago, OBEY said:

Legault is going to give fines to unvaxxed Quebecers :dies:

That is actually the stupidest and dumbest thing I've ever heard. How in the world are they gonna know who's vaccinated and whose not?

I won't be surprised if fatty Ford does the same thing.

12 hours ago, katymysassqueen said:

That is actually the stupidest and dumbest thing I've ever heard. How in the world are they gonna know who's vaccinated and whose not?

I won't be surprised if fatty Ford does the same thing.

Girl... everyone that's vaccinated is registered in the government's data system with our Quebec health insurance card. If someone doesn't appear in their computer it means they ain't vaxxed.

1 hour ago, OBEY said:

Girl... everyone that's vaccinated is registered in the government's data system with our Quebec health insurance card. If someone doesn't appear in their computer it means they ain't vaxxed.

this is gonna set a bad precedent tho... discrimination based on personal choice (yes I'm fully aware the unvaxxed is one of the main reasons why we're still in this mess and their personal choice affects everyone else too) opens a whole can of worms that may be abused in the future to control people.

Edited by getback

29 minutes ago, getback said:

this is gonna set a bad precedent tho... discrimination based on personal choice (yes I'm fully aware the unvaxxed is one of the main reasons why we're still in this mess and their personal choice affects everyone else too) opens a whole can of worms that may be abused in the future to control people.

Yes! I’m against it too it’s dumb tbh.