Maluma - ‘11:11’

55 posts in this topic

didn't he release an album just recently?

idk why he would try to release an album so quickly when reggaeton artists barely profit off them.

31 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

idk why he would try to release an album so quickly when reggaeton artists barely profit off them.

Because it has no hits left on it.

35 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

it was clear he moved on FAST when he released Mala Mia

Ozuna with Aura teas

36 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

Reggaeton artists profit a lot from albums now thanks to streaming. Ozuna's 'Odisea' has been on the BB200 for 74 weeks now!

This however wasnt the case for Maluma's last album which had very inconsistent success bar the 2 pre-release smashes, and he's been on a string of moderately successful hits lately. He is in need of a smash right now, he isn't established enough to afford flopping this early!

I mean, i was shocked when i realized today he has less monthly listeners than Shakira when he has been jumping on some features and doing remixes lately, whereas Shakira has done nothing since their last collab

1 minute ago, alestevens said:

Reggaeton artists profit a lot from albums now thanks to streaming. Ozuna's 'Odisea' has been on the BB200 for 74 weeks now!

This however wasnt the case for Maluma's last album which had very inconsistent success bar the 2 pre-release smashes, and he's been on a string of moderately successful hits lately. He is in need of a smash right now, he isn't established enough to afford flopping this early!

I mean, i was shocked when i realized today he has less monthly listeners than Shakira when he has been jumping on some features and doing remixes lately, whereas Shakira has done nothing since their last collab

He’s seen as corny now. 

The main ones in reggaeton now are J Balvin, bad bunny, Anuel AA, Ozuna and they don’t mess with him. 

48 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

he was a fad

8 minutes ago, alestevens said:

:eek: Wow that is amazing. 

5 minutes ago, retromaury said:

He’s seen as corny now. 

The main ones in reggaeton now are J Balvin, bad bunny, Anuel AA, Ozuna and they don’t mess with him. 

I feel like this album may try to change that. He just needs a bit of image repairment and focusing on the music. He has been so caught up on becoming an instagram model that he forgot to release good songs, but i hope this can still change for the better. I was rooting for him before his album came out and it was so disappointing. 'Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy' was an actually great album and era!

4 minutes ago, alestevens said:

I feel like this album may try to change that. He just needs a bit of image repairment and focusing on the music. He has been so caught up on becoming an instagram model that he forgot to release good songs, but i hope this can still change for the better. I was rooting for him before his album came out and it was so disappointing. 'Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy' was an actually great album and era!

at least he finally cut his hair for this era :fan: that’s a huge step ahead

i love mala mia and his recent features so i'm really excited for this

i hope he has some good people on it

He needs to let go of that 'playboy' image if he wants people to take him seriously 

2 hours ago, Miguel! said:

With latin america prospering so much from streaming they're actually making alot more from it

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

Because it has no hits left on it.

There were hits on it but it's like they didnt do anything else but felices los open relationships like as if it was a prayer or the pledge of allegiance smfh

1 hour ago, alestevens said:

Yeah isnt this only like his 3rd or 4th album only? Hes still young and very early into the game for this. Heres to hoping that he switches things up and around asap. Hes lucky the shakira collabs boosted his profile

1 hour ago, retromaury said:

He’s seen as corny now. 

Yeah I'm gonna need nicky jam too to come through with an album. The ones you just mentioned are killing and owning the game for sure. Why don't they mess with him?

1 hour ago, alestevens said:

Yeah he became really one note and dimensional the last era. Him showing out to only come off as a one trick pony is biting

him in the ass. 

25 minutes ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

He needs to let go of that 'playboy' image if he wants people to take him seriously 

Yeah alot of people that I know of are over his whole ****boy aesthetic. I want him to collab with more female artists like officially and properly asap.

51 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Yeah isnt this only like his 3rd or 4th album only? Hes still young and very early into the game for this. Heres to hoping that he switches things up and around asap. Hes lucky the shakira collabs boosted his profile

Yeah he became really one note and dimensional the last era. Him showing out to only come off as a one trick pony is biting

him in the ass. 

His 3rd album. But the first one he was a B-Lister. So he has 1 real smash era and then two smash hits from the last era. And now none of his collabs are smashing anymore. He collabed with Karol G right after Mi Cama and it underperformed, whereas Anuel also released two songs with her and the both of them smashed. Mala Mia barely did anything. And he also jumped on a Reik song right after their biggest hit ever and it also underperformed

On Youtube right now Maluma's only song doing 1M daily views is the Reik collab. To make a comparison Becky G has 4, Natti Natasha and J Balvin have 5, Bad Bunny has 8, Ozuna has 13, etc.

And he isnt faring much better on Spotify either. His only appearance on the Top 200 is the XXXTentacion song, and that certainly isnt it due to his contribution. This is a disaster for the one person everyone was betting for a crossover. Ozuna, J Balvin, Bad Bunny and heck, even Luis Fonsi all managed to crossover successfully and he fell to the sideline. He did everything wrong this era!

5 hours ago, Miguel! said:

and what about it

Miguel!

6 hours ago, retromaury said:

He’s seen as corny now. 

Not true. He was on the set of a video shoot with J Balvin just last week.

2 hours ago, Promiscuous said:

Not true. He was on the set of a video shoot with J Balvin just last week.

Thank God lol smasha here we go

5 hours ago, alestevens said:

His 3rd album. But the first one he was a B-Lister. So he has 1 real smash era and then two smash hits from the last era. And now none of his collabs are smashing anymore. He collabed with Karol G right after Mi Cama and it underperformed, whereas Anuel also released two songs with her and the both of them smashed. Mala Mia barely did anything. And he also jumped on a Reik song right after their biggest hit ever and it also underperformed

On Youtube right now Maluma's only song doing 1M daily views is the Reik collab. To make a comparison Becky G has 4, Natti Natasha and J Balvin have 5, Bad Bunny has 8, Ozuna has 13, etc.

And he isnt faring much better on Spotify either. His only appearance on the Top 200 is the XXXTentacion song, and that certainly isnt it due to his contribution. This is a disaster for the one person everyone was betting for a crossover. Ozuna, J Balvin, Bad Bunny and heck, even Luis Fonsi all managed to crossover successfully and he fell to the sideline. He did everything wrong this era!

Well he is still young and attractive the music just needs to resonate with the public again and I'm sure he can bounce back. He still has a lot to prove that's for sure. Him being a Latin bieber/zayn isn't enough to keep him afloat. The karol g thing is a special case only because her and anuel are a couple in real life so anything those two do together is gonna be followed up on. I do agree his last era was a huge misstep 

56 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Well he is still young and attractive the music just needs to resonate with the public again and I'm sure he can bounce back. He still has a lot to prove that's for sure. Him being a Latin bieber/zayn isn't enough to keep him afloat. The karol g thing is a special case only because her and anuel are a couple in real life so anything those two do together is gonna be followed up on. I do agree his last era was a huge misstep 

FAME just should’ve been released much earlier. Felices los 4 was a smash lead single and follow up Corazon was pretty big too so he should’ve released the album around December 2017. By the end of Spring 2018 people stopped caring about the album he’s been teasing for years.

He's right because F.A.M.E. ain't it

Didn't he release Mala Mía like a month after? :toofunny2:

He needs to make something good this time 

he hasnt been the it boy for a while now and his Brand is getting boring and he is still a beginner, meanwhile Bad Bunny, J Balvin and Ozuna are killing it right now, and serving longevity unlike Maluma☠️

still the hottest one tho 👀

I want a proper collab with females from him. Another anitta one would be welcomed as well as an original track with becky or natti. Tired of all these latin men coming together but not bringing these women along

i need more songs similar to amigos con derechos such a bop.

the lead is a future smasha:sats: