H100: 7 Rings #1, WOW #8

Renan90

2 hours ago, Coklek92 said:

You forgot that My Everything got advantages from pure sales and YouTube too. However, the situation has changed right now. TUN is slaying on Spotify/AM but its performance on other platforms are very concerning and kinda underwhelming.

Every song she has released recently has topped iTunes, streaming services as well as pop radio? I’m confused which metric she is struggling in according to you, but you break your heels running into all her threads so it’s probably just another lame meaningless attempt at discrediting her

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• Cryptique

• Ger

• Sinister

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

#4 and 18 year end 

Vs #20 and 62 year end.

yes Camila era was bigger than sweetener on the Hot 100.

obviously Ari was bigger with new music after sweetener added in with TYN for the year.

but both Camila singles were bigger than any sweetener single,

edited to clarify

the 2018 comment about Ari being bigger is calendar year. On the B.B. year end for the Hot 100 artists, it was Camila #6 and Ari #8.

You're "ChartsFan" but yet you don't even know how the Year end chart works :ace: Havana and NBTS had a full year of tracking while NTLTC was released in the middle of the tracking period with less than 7 months. 

2 minutes ago, Mezter said:

You're "ChartsFan" but yet you don't even know how the Year end chart works :ace: Havana and NBTS had a full year of tracking while NTLTC was released in the middle of the tracking period with less than 7 months. 

Regardless, H was bigger than NTLTC by a mile and NBTS was still bigger and had more longevity than GIAW and B. Obviously Ariana is the bigger artist because she’s now in her 5th era, had a TV career and has been around for a decade, but to act like Camila wasn’t big in 2018 is pure delusion. 

1 minute ago, FAN said:

Regardless, H was bigger than NTLTC by a mile and NBTS was still bigger and had more longevity than GIAW and B. Obviously Ariana is the bigger artist because she’s now in her 5th era, had a TV career and has been around for a decade, but to act like Camila wasn’t big in 2018 is pure delusion. 

I didn't say otherwise. But it's also delusional to use year end charts to discredit Sweetener's achievements when no single had even 7 months to chart. No?

42 minutes ago, Marvin said:

She just sold 2x what the #2 selling song sold last week. She’s literally been smashing simultaneously on radio. 

15 minutes ago, Needy said:

Every song she has released recently has topped iTunes, streaming services as well as pop radio? I’m confused which metric she is struggling in according to you, but you break your heels running into all her threads so it’s probably just another lame meaningless attempt at discrediting her

Surely you guys are confused right now. Read carefully my comments first. I'm talking about your claim that she might surpass ME in SPS. So of course radio is out of this topic. Her songs reaching #1 on iTunes is meaningless unless it can pull huge sales like Ed did. And on YouTube? Well you know it. 

Just now, Mezter said:

I didn't say otherwise. But it's also delusional to use year end charts to discredit Sweetener's achievements when no single had even 7 months to chart. No?

To an extent, sure? It’s not fair to compare artist profiles when one artist had double the time to rack up the points, but if a song has came and gone in the same period of the YE chart then that song clearly wouldn’t have been any higher had it of been released earlier. Obviously Ariana was successful in the last of 2018, just like Camila was successful in the first half. 

Just now, Coklek92 said:

Surely you guys are confused right now. Read carefully my comments first. I'm talking about your claim that she might surpass ME in SPS. So of course radio is out of this topic. Her songs reaching #1 on iTunes is meaningless unless it can pull huge sales like Ed did. And on YouTube? Well you know it. 

Look, you’re not from the US and probably not looking at how well she is doing on Spotify and Apple Music. There’s no concern about her SPS. The album has two record-breaking songs on it when it comes to those platforms and it is bound to do numbers when it’s all said and done. And 7 rings is doing fine on YouTube so far btw

12 minutes ago, FAN said:

To an extent, sure? It’s not fair to compare artist profiles when one artist had double the time to rack up the points, but if a song has came and gone in the same period of the YE chart then that song clearly wouldn’t have been any higher had it of been released earlier. Obviously Ariana was successful in the last of 2018, just like Camila was successful in the first half. 

8 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Sigh.

all 27 weeks of NTLTC was in the 2018 BB tracking year. The final week on the Hot 100 was Nov 3.

Songs don't just stop racking up points once they leave the charts though :psyduck:

8 minutes ago, Needy said:

Look, you’re not from the US and probably not looking at how well she is doing on Spotify and Apple Music. There’s no concern about her SPS. The album has two record-breaking songs on it when it comes to those platforms and it is bound to do numbers when it’s all said and done. And 7 rings is doing fine on YouTube so far btw

Duh I know well about the US market. It is extremely hard to do 10M SPS just based on Spotify/AM etc alone. My Everything did well in pure sales and YouTube but it doesn't really happen with TUN era so far

10M sps is not easy. let the album pass 5M first and then we can debate about that :cm:

I wonder why Billboard didn't allow "Tequila" to chart again when points for the song are certainly rising for the last couple of weeks.

7 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Actually they are living in reality.

2018 year end Hot 100

18 NBTS

20 NTLTC

NBTS  #6 peak 35 weeks

NTLTC #3 peak  27 weeks

the teo less months on the charts really hurt NTLTC

7 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Yet this is a Hot 100 thread and NBTS was bigger than NTLTC. 18 vs 20 on the year. 

Plus SPS doesn’t include airplay which is worth over a third of the charts.

@ChartsFan singlehandedly ENDING a bunch of delulus we- :bibliahh::bibliahh:

Even after BB confirms it several times they choose to stay in denial. a kii and half

DtzSV79WkAEznzV?format=jpg&name=large

6 hours ago, Mezter said:

Songs don't just stop racking up points once they leave the charts though :psyduck:

:bibliahh:you need to stop embarrassing yourself sis:!ohno:

7 hours ago, Mezter said:

Of course they do. The points are based on the position on the charts. :rip: 

Weeks in Top 10:

31: Girls Like You

25: SICKO MODE

16: Happier

15: Drip Too Hard

13: Without Me

12: thank u, next

11: High Hopes

8: Sunflower

2: Wow.

1: 7 rings

On 1/28/2019 at 6:02 PM, ChartsFan said:

Where’s Justin now, three years later....

Probably the same eith Ari.

I mean the last two songs he was on went #1...I promise you he's only absent from the charts cause he hasn't released anything. I'll be looking forward to your unnecessary response when he makes his return and collects those hits :)

2 minutes ago, JosephT said:

is GLY still manage to break the most weeks in top 10 records ?
Superbowl on this Sunday right?

Very possible. Although it looks like this week is going to leave the Top 10.

45 minutes ago, FAN said:

Of course they do. The points are based on the position on the charts. :rip: 

Oop. Maybe I lost:rip: 

I’ve always thought they accounted for streams and sales for the entire tracking period and not just after the song stops charting :biblio: My bad y’all

Edited by Mezter

6 minutes ago, Mezter said:

I thought they accounted for streams and sales for the entire tracking period? :biblio: 

NOPE... well, chart success is different and overall success is also different

2 hours ago, Cryptique said:

NOPE... well, chart success is different and overall success is also different

Yeah that makes sense. I was thinking more on the lines of overall success which wouldn’t make much sense :priceless: 

I do think my original point about the YEC not being the best way to fully gauge which song was the bigger hit still stands though.

Edited by Mezter

Trolls who stan has-beens talking in circles to discredit Ariana in any way they think they can. She has two Hot 100 #1s in the last 3 months. Keep seething

Mezter

19 minutes ago, Needy said:

Trolls who stan has-beens talking in circles to discredit Ariana in any way they think they can. She has two Hot 100 #1s in the last 3 months. Keep seething

Mezter

Literally nobody said she didn’t :ahh:

Most people in here are just saying that no, she isn’t nearly as big as the other MPGs in their prime were, just because she finally got her first 2 #1s (keep in mind most the others had many more and a diamond cert up to this point in their careers) so now a bunch of little 15 year olds are running in here feeling extra brave acting like she’s one of the biggest megastars of the entire decade when she’s still not. 

zZ735Og.gif

The standards for her her success are (and always have been) very B-list.  

3 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Literally nobody said she didn’t :ahh:

Most people in here are just saying that no, she isn’t nearly as big as the other MPGs in their prime were, just because she finally got her first 2 #1s (keep in mind most the others had many more and a diamond cert up to this point in their careers) so now a bunch of little 15 year olds are running in here feeling extra brave acting like she’s one of the biggest megastars of the entire decade when she’s still not. 

zZ735Og.gif

The standards for her her success are (and always have been) very B-list.  

Nothing B-list about 2 #1 debuts. Keep seething and quoting us with ":ahh:" emotes as if you're doing something. These essays scream insecure and bothered 

zZ735Og.gif

--

Now back to the Hot 100, which Ariana is currently owning

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.