Billboard Charts (March 19-25, 2017)

iHype.

7 minutes ago, Willy. said:

No Frauds will go Top 10 on Urban/Rhythmic, the video (that's already been shot by the 3) will drop and all will be well until the album is surprise released :flower: 

I see it doing moderate like Pills n Potions, that's it tbh. But nobody can predict the future

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• mike3009

• brianc33710

• alexanderao

25 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yeah. Nicki doesn't pull numbers on her name alone. And only 1 in every 10 or 20 Drake songs does well. 

Stick by 79k being good.

But whatever. The point was that the #14 is absolutely not based on streaming alone. Sales played a huge role. 

Right? :dies: do people know @Erreur2 La Nature know Drake has released 80 singles and only 15 or so are hits. Drake has power, yes, but he's not a pop girl. He's not a singles artist with a fan army like Britney and Fifth Harmony. Drake pushes albums and mixtapes. Drake, Lil Wayne & Nicki have sold like 30M albums in the US. Singles are a hobby for their asses. How you gonna bring up 5H? ffffpht:rip:

11 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I see it doing moderate like Pills n Potions, that's it tbh. But nobody can predict the future

Well, it's already outpeaked PnP.

If it goes Top 10 it'll be her most successful "lead" since Starships. But idc, really. There's a strong chance it won't even be on the album so any success I'll accept :flower:

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

His real radio promoted singles all don't flop in sales though. One Dance, Too Good, Controlla, For Free, Hotline Bling, Fake Love, etc all have good sales for the sized hits they were. 

Obviously songs like Pop Style & Summer Sixteen won't have good sales overall if radio doesn't play them, they have no music video, and no promotion. Being realistic, can you name songs that sold well overall with no airplay, no music video, and no promotion?

"Controlla" and "Too Good" had terrible sales :rip: None of them is even passed 800k. Other top 20 hits from last year have outsold them, for instance "Me Too" is at 1,130,000. "Hold Up" 800k. "Sorry" 1,030,000. "Never Forget You" 920k. "Gold" 950k. "Unsteady" 1,220,000... Etc.

This is Chantaje's last week on the charts :cries:

3 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

The streaming is saving a lot of artists, that's my point.

Several of them get great numbers on streaming plateforms, like Nicki, but are not able to sell. "No Fraud" is her lead single and it features Drake and Lil Wayne. Drake is huge right now so he's definitely helping the song a lot. Though, absolutely nobody is buying this one. The song is at around 90 on iTunes after a week, in the US. So yeah my point is that some artists really can be thankful the streaming is a big part of charting nowadays because with almost non-existant sales, they're still charting, and high, for some of them.

"Millions of people choosing to listen to a song on their phones everyday is saving a lot of artists, that's my point"

Im here for passionfruit dethroning **** of you and blocking him from touching Mariah and ha legendary 22 year record :gaycat2:

34 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

"Controlla" and "Too Good" had terrible sales :rip: None of them is even passed 800k. Other top 20 hits from last year have outsold them, for instance "Me Too" is at 1,130,000. "Hold Up" 800k. "Sorry" 1,030,000. "Never Forget You" 920k. "Gold" 950k. "Unsteady" 1,220,000... Etc.

This is Chantaje's last week on the charts :cries:

Those were all pop radio singles too. That didn't come from top selling/streamed albums. Controlla and Too Good are still notable hits that hundreds of millions have listened to. It's a bit ridiculous to say 1 out of 10-20. It's also not Drake's fault radio, GP and others push his music unsolicited. He's not even bothered to book promo, interviews or even shoot videos. So you know, those cuts that do go T20 on their own with longevity without as much of as a mention from him might not be top hits like BINH, OD, HOWGH, etc etc etc but they're notable.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

10 hours ago, Green said:

Water under the bridge went top 10 on Radio :jonny:  :duca:

Her 8th top 10 on Radio

http://www.billboard.com/charts/radio-songs/2017-04-01

Too bad Adele paid the song dust :shakeno:  It deserved at better peak on the Hot 100 and it's going recurrent in 2 weeks :sad:

Radio Songs:

Rolling In The Deep #1 (6 weeks)

Someone Like You #1 (2 weeks)

Set Fire to the rain #1 (6 weeks)

Hello #1 (11 weeks)

Send My Love (to your new lover) #2

Rumour Has It #8

When we were young #10

Water under the bridge #10

Adele's power! :clap3:

9 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Those were all pop radio singles too. That didn't come from top selling/streamed albums. Controlla and Too Good are still notable hits that hundreds of millions have listened to. It's a bit ridiculous to say 1 out of 10-20. It's also not Drake's fault radio, GP and others push his music unsolicited. He's not even bothered to book promo, interviews or even shoot videos.

Not buying your argument, since out of all those songs I mentioned, only "Unsteady" and "Never Forget You" received as much radio support as "Controlla" and "Too Good" and to the proof I go. "Too Good" peaked at #8 on Overall Radio with 108.715M AI. "Controlla" peaked at #10 on Overall Radio with 84.837M AI... Neither of Beyonce's songs got as much airplay, and let's not even talk about Meghan's singles :rip: Other songs that weren't even top 20 hits also outsold Drake's, such as: "The Sound Of Silence" which is at 1,350,000 pure sales and "Blue Ain't Your Color" which is at 900k.

"Despacito" isn't going top 50 with the Drake flood next week :rip:

Edited by DELE2125

Just now, DELE2125 said:

Not buying your argument, since out of all those songs I mentioned, only "Unsteady" and "Never Forget You" received as much radio support as "Controlla" and "Too Good" and to the proof I go. "Too Good" peaked at #8 on Overall Radio with 108.715M AI. "Controlla" peaked at #10 on Overall Radio with 84.837M AI... Neither of Beyonce's songs got as much airplay, and let's not even talk about Meghan's singles :rip: Other songs that weren't even top 20 hits also outsold Drake's "The Sound Of Silence" is at 1,350,000 pure sales and "Blue Ain't Your Color" is at 900k.

My argument was despite those songs not reaching higher sales, they are notable hits. Therefore dismissing the idea that he has a bad hit ratio. I was just noting you mentioned songs that were overexposed on pop (not overall - since yes Drake gets high AI from urban/rhythmic but that demo streams more). I'm not going to entertain you switching up your argument though.

3 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

My argument was despite those songs not reaching higher sales, they are notable hits. Therefore dismissing the idea that he has a bad hit ratio. I was just noting you mentioned songs that were overexposed on pop (not overall - since yes Drake gets high AI from urban/rhythmic but that demo streams more). I'm not going to entertain you switching up your argument though.

I'm pretty sure "Me Too", "Sorry", "Hold Up", "The Sound Of Silence" and "Blue Ain't Your Color" weren't overexposed on pop :rip:

But deflect, I guess :cm:

I don't think "Starboy" is going recurrent next week. I bet it'll fall to #50 :dies:

Edited by DELE2125

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

No. It's good.

And I wouldn't call Nicki and Lil Wayne BIG

You wouldn't call Nicki big.

I understand wayne as he is past his prime but Drake and Nicki would be still current and big, no?

mariah-carey-birthday4.gif

I'm glad Everyday got a new peak but it's sad bc it will freefall next week bc of Drake :dies:

Where is BB 200 thread? And why this isn't update already?

17 minutes ago, AlBeRtX said:

Where is BB 200 thread? And why this isn't update already?

Hot 100 and BB 200 are always the same thread.

What do you mean with "update"?

14 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Hot 100 and BB 200 are always the same thread.

What do you mean with "update"?

Do you have a reason to why Stay didnt climb as high as it did in you prediction? :emofish:

29 minutes ago, Mr. Adele said:

Do you have a reason to why Stay didnt climb as high as it did in you prediction? :emofish:

Streams are ~1 million lower than I thought. Not sure why. I extrapolate streaming estimates from Youtube and Spotify.

Bubbling Under Hot 100
TW LW 2W WOC Title Artist
1 4 5 5 Thumbs - Sabrina Carpenter
2 9 1 3 Subeme La Radio - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Descemer Bueno, Zion & Lennox
3 11 21 6 How Not To - Dan + Shay
4 New 1 Imagine - Pentatonix
5 8 13 6 Bar At The End Of The World - Kenny Chesney
6 13 15 5 Skateboard P - MadeinTYO
7 6 3 4 Some Way - NAV Featuring The Weeknd
8 New 1 Hey Ma - Pitbull & J Balvin Featuring Camila Cabello
9 15 14 5 You Look Good - Lady Antebellum
10 New 1 Water - A Boogie Wit da Hoodie Featuring Kodak Black
11 14 16 6 Adios Amor - Christian Nodal
12 24 – 16 Too Many Years - Kodak Black Featuring PnB Rock
13 18 – 3 If I Told You - Darius Rucker
14 Re-Entry 2 Human - Rag'n'Bone Man
15 23 – 2 My Girl - Dylan Scott
16 1 – 2 Nancy Mulligan - Ed Sheeran
17 19 23 7 Weak - AJR
18 20 24 5 Siempre Te Voy A Querer - Calibre 50
19 17 10 4 Money Showers - Fat Joe & Remy Ma Featuring Ty Dolla $ign
20 10 – 2 Gucci On My - Mike WiLL Made-It Featuring 21 Savage, YG & Migos
21 Re-Entry 2 Swalla - Jason Derulo Featuring Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
22 Re-Entry 4 Shiny - Jemaine Clement
23 22 – 2 What A Beautiful Name - Hillsong Worship
24 New 1 All Night - Chance The Rapper Featuring Knox Fortune
25 New 1 No Such Thing As A Broken Heart - Old Dominion

-

Thumbs :toofunny3:

Liability #78 :clap3: 

May I ask why did the kworb prediction thread got closed ? Was it fake ?