• Sbbmsve

• theblackestday

• Eeveelution

• World Eater

Ba-l-ks-z-1.png

Animated GIF

5. Mitski - Nobody
Director: Christopher Good

Ugh, such an eye candy. Every frame is a joy to look at. The colors, props, design, choreography, storyline...  :wig:  Mitski really bringed visuals in 2018 from her movie poster like artworks to stunning music videos (although that album cover could be better :mandown:).

4. Arca - Fetiche
Director: Arca & Carlos Sáez

I never would have guessed that watching someone kicking bunch of flowers in a sensual way be this satisfying. As a Little Mutant™ (eeooowww) I had to give this bitch a place on my list. Also those heels... PRADA found bankrupt. I hope we get this track sometime soon :jonny2:

3. Kali Uchis - After The Storm (ft. Tyler The Creator & Bootsy Collins)
Director: Nadia Lee Cohen

Oh bitch this is a serve DVJ0hgiX0AAlxfr.jpg?width=286&height=301 Kali Uchis always brings the visuals so I couldn't expect less from her. Shout out to Tyler The Creator for his outstanding cameo in this video.. He really stole the show with that grass afro wig (sorry Halsey).

2. Kelela - Frontline
Director: Claudia Matè (Animation), Kelela & Mischa Notcutt (Concept)

The aesthetic power that this video has... Using Sims as a music video concept was truly genius, Kelela's mind. It produced tons of GIFs which proves its impact. Waiting for Kelela's expansion pack in Sims :yas~1:

1. SOPHIE - Faceshopping
Director: SOPHIE (:grimes:)

The power that that has, the intelligence that that has, the clearance that that has, the access that that has, the influence that that has, the profile that that has, the international implications that that has. VIDEO OF THE ****ING YEAR!!!

Edited by Sbbmsve

giphy.gif

On 12/13/2018 at 1:17 AM, Vxspertine said:

MFPIT and Capacity debuting on your list :jonny:

Talent finally WON. I discovered this album thanks to @theblackestday

On 12/13/2018 at 12:01 PM, thecptz said:

ooh

Hey :gaycat4:

On 12/14/2018 at 3:09 AM, artangel said:

arca doesnt deserve #1 but snap at the rest of the list :mandown:

My bias JUMPED

Edited by Sbbmsve

This list is excellent hoe :jonny5: love the tea you spilled on each video. Fetiche served aethetics™ and ******ry... therefore we stan

hgNR8nn.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Nobody is so gorgeous
the Arca one... gurl I-
:clap3: after the storm was so gorgeous love the colors
ooh Kelela did that for Frontline
okay great no. 1 :clap3: so effective 

I watched Faceshopping when I was in a k hole earlier this year and I'm still sorta psychologically scarred from it :rip: good picks!

Wow all great videos

Frontline is my favorite of them followed by After the Storm

hgNR8nn.gif

after the storm and nobody did THAT

Ba-l-ks-z-1.png

imback4.gif

panda bear a day with the homies

5. Panda Bear - A Day With The Homies

Genre: Psychedelic Pop

Ugh, first of all this EP was so hard to find since people moved on from anything Animal Collective related.. Eventually, I found a way to listen to this EP and I was pleasantly surprised. If we exclude PBVGR's B-Sides EP, these are the first original batch of songs he had released since 2015. These 5 songs have heavy bass and groovy beats, making you wanna shake your ass to it. The lyrics are playful and almost like a distraction from the music, they don't make sense at all ( "stepping out the doo doo" :dies:). Many people thought that this EP would be an introduction to Panda's next LP but as we can make it out from this year's Buoys Dolphin that's not the case. So this leaves A Day With The Homies as a weird one time EP. Still, it is a solid project. If you want to give a listen to it there might be links laying around :mandown:

Fav Track: Flight

iTunes Artwork for 'Clear Tamei - EP (by Iglooghost)' 

4. Iglooghost - Clear Tamei

Genre: Glitch Hop, Drill and Bass, Deconstructed Club

I wasn't too crazy about Iglooghost when he dropped his debut album in 2017. I thought it was just fine. He has an original approach to electronic music, you can tell that. But this year, he really brought it to the table with his 2 EPs: Steel Mogu & Clear Tamei. I chose this one because I feel like this one has a more refined sound compared to Steel Mogu. Also Clear Tamei has bops like "Namā" and "New Vectors" Animated GIF But still, both of them are very strong EPs. Looking forward to hear Iglooghost's next project :clap3:

Fav Track: Clear Tamei

iTunes Artwork for 'Sugar & Spice - EP (by Hatchie)'

3. Hatchie - Sugar & Spice

Genre: Dream Pop, Shoegaze

Girl we goin' ✈️ dream pop. Thanks to my baby girl @theblackestday, I discovered this EP few months ago. Her voice is like a more pop version of Elizabeth Fraser. As everyone is saying, music has a huge Cocteau Twins influence too (Treasure in particular). But unlike Cocteau Twins, it is more pop and less melancholic aaand you know we can understand what's she saying. "Try" is such a bop, but also its lyrics are bittersweet.. Her Marina And The Diamonds - Happy moment (jk I'm sorry Hatchie girl) . I get huge 80s vibes from the stand-out "Bad Guy". Also "Sure" is like... dream pop perfection. Such a tight EP, looking forward to hear more from this queen :alexz:

Fav Track(s): Try, Sure

154513532862819006.jpg

2. Jenny Hval - The Long Sleep

Genre: Art Pop, Avant-garde Jazz, Dark Jazz, Drone

"What's this EP about Jenny?" - "It's about gay rights" said Jenny about this EP. She really went Jazz-Pop on "Spells" just for the gays. It might be her boppiest song to date. The next track "The Dreamer Is Everyone in Her Dream" is a cute piano sing. Lyrics talk about a gay boy dancing alone in a club thinking about commiting suicide Sparkles on Apple iOS 12.1 Jk I don't know what the f is she talking about. But that's like what Jenny do. Her lyrics never draw a clear picture, they are always abstract ("What is soft dick rock?"). EP's title track is a 10 minute ambient/drone piece. And the sound design that that has.. Probably my favorite track. She closes the album with the spoken-word "I Want to Tell You Something". Thank you Jenny, I love you too. Overall this album is like a mash of jazz, ambient, pop and Jenny's classic songwriting. There is something for everybody. Well, she was so close to topping my EP list but by not topping my list she proves that she is a true gay icon.

Fav Track(s): Spells, The Long Sleep

iTunes Artwork for 'Collapse EP (by Aphex Twin)'

1. Aphex Twin - Collapse EP

Genre: IDM, Drill and Bass, Jlin Footwork

Aphex Twin returns with an amazing set of songs after 2016's snooze-fest Cheetah (which was the remastered editions of some tracks from the legendary SoundCloud dump). First thing I should say about this project is the obvious Jlin influence. Her footwork ***** really did THAT. Especially on the song "abundance10edit[2 R8's, FZ20m & a 909]" (:deadbanana:). It's a known fact that Aphex Twin doesn't change his sound that much. He just updates it with each release. But in this EP he did try new things. Like the track "1st 44" (which is an instant stand-out) mostly relies on percussions instead of synths. Also the breakdown parts on "T69 collapse" are something new too. The closer "pthex" sounds like something from Druqks era, it's fine because Druqks is among my favorite Aphex Twin albums. Aside from "pthex" this EP is perfectly cohesive. My bias kinda showed but whatever this is EP OF THE MOTHER-****ING YEAR!!! 

Fav Track(s): 1st 44, T69 Collapse, pthex

• ATRL Moderator

the 1-2-3 punch of Clear Tamei - Sugar & Spice - The Long Sleep :jonny4: Sleep not being in your highlights tho :grimes: 

the TLS writeup made me cackle :rip: 

That video list :omg: I see nothing but TALENT

I still haven't listened to A Day with the Homos (his own fault tho!), either of Azaleaghost EPs or Collapse

Swpr.gif

Jenny and Hatchie did what they had to do :jonny: So happy to see them on so many lists, it's what they deserve

15 minutes ago, Sbbmsve said:

"What's this EP about Jenny?" - "It's about gay rights"

:ahh:

22 minutes ago, Sbbmsve said:

Thanks to my baby girl @theblackestday, I discovered this EP few months ago.

6klLxpP.gif

am I surprised you managed to sneak Panda Bear in here? nope... and that is why I love you

I died at The Long Sleep's writeup :ahh: the terf bitch snapped

The entire top 4 is perfect :grimes~1: your bias made points

Animated GIF

21 hours ago, theblackestday said:

This list is excellent hoe :jonny5: love the tea you spilled on each video. Fetiche served aethetics™ and ******ry... therefore we stan

hgNR8nn.gif

YES WE DO!!! I feel obligated to give Kelela acclaim because that video was truly genius. Also giving love to our girl Mitski because she is getting ****ty messages online :fish2: That ain't right.

21 hours ago, Tsareena said:

Nobody is so gorgeous
the Arca one... gurl I-
:clap3: after the storm was so gorgeous love the colors
ooh Kelela did that for Frontline
okay great no. 1 :clap3: so effective 

Thank you sweetie 6klLxpP.gif

20 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5205343 @ all of these. kali, mitski and sophie in particular snapped 

Thank you king 6klLxpP.gif Yes they did :yas~1:

20 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

I watched Faceshopping when I was in a k hole earlier this year and I'm still sorta psychologically scarred from it :rip: good picks!

Mess :rip: Thank you 6klLxpP.gif

19 hours ago, Superpower said:

Love all these videos 

ily.gif?width=400&height=200

14 hours ago, Jet said:

I LOVE the video for After The Storm. So original and funky :heart2: 

Tea :heart2:

10 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Wow all great videos

Frontline is my favorite of them followed by After the Storm

hgNR8nn.gif

Ugh, we stan the international implications that Frontline has ezgif-5-b5f5d9066b.jpg?width=352&height=301

8 hours ago, thecptz said:

after the storm and nobody did THAT

It sure did :jonny4:

4 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

the 1-2-3 punch of Clear Tamei - Sugar & Spice - The Long Sleep :jonny4: Sleep not being in your highlights tho :grimes: 

the TLS writeup made me cackle :rip: 

Thank you king :jonny5:. I mean I love Sleep, but I limited myself to put only 2 tracks for Hatchie :dancehall3: Giving Jenny some LGBT+ promo :deserves:

4 hours ago, World Eater said:

That video list :omg: I see nothing but TALENT

I still haven't listened to A Day with the Homos (his own fault tho!), either of Azaleaghost EPs or Collapse

Swpr.gif

Jenny and Hatchie did what they had to do :jonny: So happy to see them on so many lists, it's what they deserve

:ahh:

Thank u 6klLxpP.gif. He was a dumb mother****ing bitch for making that a vinyl only release, not that he would profit off that EP but. You should check Azaleaghost & Aphex sis, they snapped. Jenny and Hatchie, :deserves:.

3 hours ago, theblackestday said:

6klLxpP.gif

am I surprised you managed to sneak Panda Bear in here? nope... and that is why I love you

I died at The Long Sleep's writeup :ahh: the terf bitch snapped

The entire top 4 is perfect :grimes~1: your bias made points

I love you too sis ily.gif?width=400&height=200 Someone needed to give him acclaim so I threw the dog a bone :cm:  Yeah, that top 4 is for US by US.

Thank u for the love ladies, see you tomorrow x

0.gif?width=394&height=300

Edited by Sbbmsve

Collapse EP was a cute girl but didn’t have any big standouts for me to go back to it after the first few days.

Going to listen to Sugar & Spice today!! She’s been slaying the EP lists.

• ATRL Moderator

Hatchie, Jenny, and Aphex. :clap3:  

Strong top 3.  I like the idea of Iglooghost but never want to listen to them.

Poor Animal Collective.  The way they went from band of the decade to Centipede Hz backlash (WHICH WAS KINDA UNDDESERVED) to complete nobodies....

screaming @ your write ups

that video list? talent!

collapse snapped, his best material since Richard D. James Album (sue me)

Clear Tamei whew, excellence :jonny:

The Long Sleep is that girl too

"What's this EP about Jenny?" - "It's about gay rights"

This SENT me ff. I might relisten to the EP now. The international implications that your writeup has..

Hatchie snapped!

• ATRL Moderator

:jonny5: Hatchie keeps snatching.... didn't like long sleep tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.