kang's best of 18 || #1 SONG!! + counting

SLIME

5 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Well this is pretty cool considering Shoota was my 2nd fave off the album. Definitely a soty contender as well. Die Lit + his self titled were big growers. 

Magnolia are Location r just as good imo. Do u have other favorites from the s/t? I think he may just be a genius lol. Or at least just knows when to shut up at all the right moments++.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLIME

• madonnas

• Tom Vercetti

• Pink Matter

1 minute ago, Kang. said:

Magnolia are Location r just as good imo. Do u have other favorites from the s/t? I think he may just be a genius lol. Or at least just knows when to shut up at all the right moments++.

Last year the 2nd half of the mixtape wasn't hitting me but now I pretty much like the whole thing :rip:  It's kinda scary how effective he is w/ his producers.

Let It Go, Wokeup, No. 9, lame n*ggaz, Flex. Some of his other old songs like YUNGXANHOE and Fetti are also heat. 

let's keep going!!

2. Charli XCX - "No Angel"

Let me first say I'm not reaaallly one to keep up with leaks and such so I hadn't heard this song before it actually came out. Having said that, I pretty much fell in love with it the second I heard it and my feelings haven't changed much -- I can see why it's become such a fan favorite. I remember sitting in my hotel in Chicago the night she dropped this just looping it over and over, then walking around the city all next day blasting it in one headphone. Maybe it was the ****ing in the HOTEL line that made the connection run so deep, who knows? Obviously this song lacks the experimentation of full-out PC XCX, but there's still something sooo ... squelchy about the beat that rewards attentive and repeat listening, that separates this by a mile from most pop music. But the way she sings "don't LET me G000" and so many other lines is also so immensely satisfying from a flat-out pleasure center perspective. So all things considered this song bridges the gap between ~avant-garde and ~mainstream Charli better than just about anything else. Miss Ch-ch-charli had a great year even in the gap between full-lengths + this dual single release was a big part of why.

No Angel whew, I love what you said about it. I agree it's a good midpoint between the experimental-ness of something like Track 10 and like... Boom Clap.

• ATRL Moderator

Shoota and No Angel are gr8.

Lean 4 Real/Poke it Out and Focus are better tho!!!!

no angel is amazing and easily the best thing charli's put out this year. shoota is fun too, a deserving #1

13 hours ago, Kang. said:

Or at least just knows when to shut up at all the right moments

this is one of the most impressive and hugely underrated abilities, arguably almost as important as being able to deliver a great performance

3. Pusha T, "If You Know You Know"

Straight up excellent rap song w/ few frills. Came up to disrupt an era in which we haven't been getting many of those. Sick production and great delivery but what makes this song is Pusha's obvious love for language. Just an instant classic.

Missed a lot but Focus >>> NA but both are good.

IYKYK is a classic.

Starting with your #1? a concept

Wasn't much of a fan of Die Lit in general but based off Tom and your's tastes I might give it a second shot.

Ms. Choli Baby punching as she should and Push coming in third with a heater :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

Love that song

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Kang. said:

@Eeveelution  @Vilppu @Tom Vercetti @MP2K @Navyofbadgals@madonnas @World Eater @Pink Matter @theblackestday @Wicked @TRF.

who wants to be my accountability buddy and make me finish this?

I think today is the last day if the upper mods haven't forgotten about this section already so post what u got x. 

• ATRL Moderator

do it or ill kill myself

2 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I think today is the last day if the upper mods haven't forgotten about this section already so post what u got x. 

2 hours ago, madonnas said:

do it or ill kill myself

scary...

4. Travis Scott, Sicko Mode

5. SOPHIE, Faceshopping

6. Kacey Musgraves, Space Cowboy

7. Yves Tumor, Noid

8. Mitski, Geyser

9. Migos, Stir Fry

10. Anderson .Paak, Bubblin

rest when I get home but had to drop a taste.

come on legend I believe in you! :duca:

• ATRL Moderator

geyser over nobody, we have a winner here too

Yeah just post it lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.