Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Blue Rose

• Brandon

• Remmy

I’m perched to see these 40+ songs allegedly better than Venice Bitch. :eli:

The HaH lashing is what she deserves.

Venice Bicth and Broken Clocks ugh... so good :heart2:

Ignore Me :heart2: A nice chill bop, 2nd best from the EP (behind her career highlight JTYSK)
Not into Venice Bitch, even with Jack GODonoff's assistance :katie:

I was disappointed with High as Hope, but Big God is probably one of my fave Florence songs so there's that

Venice Bitch deserved better :jonny:

MNEK and Florence are about where they belong (ie: low), but I thought Language > HAH. 

Really enjoy Broken Clocks, too. One of the few songs I kept returning to after checking out CTRL last winter. 

• ATRL Moderator

Would EYE like that russian girl?

Agreed with the write-up on Betty. It's nice that Ignore Me came out so early in the year for us to bop to, though another Betty track from this year has snuck ahead as my fave from this year.

Kinda agreed on HAH - and funny enough only Sky Full of Song is a song I'd pick as a highlight from your highlight selections :deadbanana: It's really not THAT bad imo tho I still like the record & seeing her live made me like it more.

Don't know anyone in this update :frown:.

Can't wait to see the next set brings :party:

aiKmv4e.png

album #44 - Nicki Minaj, Queen

"I put my blood sweet & tears in writing a dope album only for Travis Scott to have Kylie Jenner post a tour pass telling ppl to come see her & Stormi. lol. Im actually laughing. #Queen broke the record of being number 1 in 86 countries. Thank Jesus & thank you to my fans"

RIP to Nicki's career

some favorites: Good Form, Chun-Li, Barbie Dreams

rzOrmMs.jpg

single #44 - Christina Aguilera ft. Ty Dolla $igh & 2 Chainz, Accelerate

"Stamina, fill me up, that's what I need"

Well, this song seems so strange to me when I first heard it :skull:  I think I'm not the one :rip: But it ends up being MAJOR grower, I think I heard it at some party and it bops! Pretty interesting move for Xtina, it isn't her best rap collab on Liberation, but a still good introduction to the new era. 

sZynX3U.jpg

album #43 - Say Lou Lou, Immortelle

"The devil in you is the devil in me"

Okay, these bitches really tried with canceling entire pop album and pushing that one back few times. But whew, that was worth the wait! Flawless record, very cohesive, with great production and some nods to their pop roots. Of course, I would've wished more tracks on it, but welp, I hope they're at least not doing another long-ass break after that one. I also can't @ how underrated that record is, I mean it's gold for critics and it was basically ignored by almost everyone :cries:

some favorites: Immortelle, Phantoms, Under the Milky Way 

mmxTBfF.jpg

single #43 - Jhene Aiko ft. Kurupt, Never Call Me

"We were both numb, never had anything real between us"

I'm still very happy that I discovered Jhene's album TRIP last year, which still one of my favorite R&B records in the past few years. This song is another SZA's Broken Clocks situation : toofunny : Even though I overheard this album, I never really noticed that beautiful jam. Jhene maid two (!!) absolutely amazing music videos for this, proving her talent and uniqueness. It's great chill bop in 90s r&b sound. 

TnxWbTy.jpg

album #42 - Justin Timberlake, Man of the Woods

"Sometimes, the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all"

Welp, I didn't like Justin' persona since like forever, but he used to do amazing music: I mean both FS/LS and The 20/20 Experience pt.1 are modern masterpieces :smitten: But this year, started with mediocre (at best) Superbowl performance and pretentious ****ty lead like Filthy, things got only worse. Album isn't bad entirely. Few songs are pretty nice. But I just don't get the point of this record: I mean, he really acts like there's some concept behind it but in the end, it's basically a compilation of randomly chosen tracks with his career low-points like the title track. I think just pop/r&b record with major country influence would've worked for him, but welp. And tbh even best songs from it sounds dated initially, unline some of his classics. 

some favorites: Higher Higher, Say Something, Young Man

2tJAByG.jpg

single #42 - Janelle Monae ft. Grimes, Pynk

"Boy, it's cool if you got blue, we got the pynk"

Everything Janelle does always is low-key art, but this year bitch really decided to take out wigs for a long time  This Grimes collaboration works like probably perfect girlish-anthem of 2018. Fun, original, catchy - and with video evacuates this on another level basically.  

aRKNxNL.jpg

thanks for comments, guys :-* 

17 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

VB :clap3: 

I agree about HaH... kinda lifeless

17 hours ago, Jet said:

Yasss taste

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Don't know anyone in this update :frown:.

Can't wait to see the next set brings :party:

17 hours ago, lhdang2000 said:

I'm not a fan of this update. 

High as Hope was cute tho. 

Perched for the next set. :duca: 

17 hours ago, Legend E said:

High as Hope is what I like the most from this update :clap3: 

19 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Venice Bitch is incredible whew

7 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Agreed with the write-up on Betty. It's nice that Ignore Me came out so early in the year for us to bop to, though another Betty track from this year has snuck ahead as my fave from this year.

Kinda agreed on HAH - and funny enough only Sky Full of Song is a song I'd pick as a highlight from your highlight selections :deadbanana: It's really not THAT bad imo tho I still like the record & seeing her live made me like it more.

19 hours ago, Superpower said:

High As Hope is such a flawless album :clap3: 

Broken Clocks is one of SZA’s best

17 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

No one expected a near 10 minute prog pop song from Lana this year. 

11 hours ago, madonnas said:

Would EYE like that russian girl?

you should try her hits at least :eli: 

11 hours ago, Achilles. said:

MNEK and Florence are about where they belong (ie: low), but I thought Language > HAH. 

Really enjoy Broken Clocks, too. One of the few songs I kept returning to after checking out CTRL last winter. 

12 hours ago, theblackestday said:

I was disappointed with High as Hope, but Big God is probably one of my fave Florence songs so there's that

Venice Bitch deserved better :jonny:

12 hours ago, Remmy said:

Ignore Me :heart2: A nice chill bop, 2nd best from the EP (behind her career highlight JTYSK)
Not into Venice Bitch, even with Jack GODonoff's assistance :katie:

14 hours ago, TRF. said:

Venice Bicth and Broken Clocks ugh... so good :heart2:

15 hours ago, artangel said:

Venice Bitch is waay to low, but snap either way :clap3:

15 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

I’m perched to see these 40+ songs allegedly better than Venice Bitch. :eli:

The HaH lashing is what she deserves.

that list based on success in my YTT :eli: VB is better than at least 30 of these songs :rip: 

17 hours ago, prézli said:

Ok, I dunno these. ?

Pynk is excellent. My best friend favorite song :cm: 

never call me is SO good :jonny5: and the graphics are slaying me

Accelerate and Pynk are good choices, although neither made my top 100 I still like both :jamming: 

Accelerate and Pynk ❤️ 

R.I.P Queen.

Man of the woods makes me apprecriate 20/20 part 1 even more.

Accelerate is such a grower. I used to laugh hysterically at it, but now I bop to it every time it comes out. :jonny: 

The problem with MoTW to me is its length. While the 20/20 works that element beautifully, this just comes across very sloppy and try-hard to me. 

that say lou lou album was pretty cute

Pynk is nice, the chorus(?) makes the song for me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.