TheWayWeWere's Best of 2018 | PG.17 GRAND FINALE

TheWayWeWere

For You is great. Liam and Rita have kinda been on a streak of quality singles this year :clap3: 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Blue Rose

• Brandon

• Remmy

For You is sooo good :heart2:

That Janine album was actually quite enjoyable :) 

• ATRL Moderator

Deep End is def the best on ssss, even if its basically a reductive Banks song. 

dOiq5hC.png

album #35 - All Saints, Testament

"When the time is right I'm gonna show you, when we find it we will never let go 'cause love lasts forever"

Last time when William Orbit gets back with his old collaborator we get MDNA :rip: So I didn't really expect something from Testament. But there's probably some magic between All Saints and him :jonny: Because this album is gold! Probably some of his best productions in many years. And girls voices sounds still like it's 2000 and Pure Shores smashing :jonny:  Very underrated band that needs more recognition.

some favorites: After All, Who Do You Love, Testament In Motion

YZ9nF1j.jpg

single #35 - Kiiara, Messy

"Let's stop before it gets messy"

I never was on her bandwagon when Gold smashed, but I heard this randomly on youtube this year, and this is fantastic :jonny: Funny, repetitive, extremely catchy song, that just smash all over it. Still can't believe GP let her flopping :cries: 

Tcq8zXA.jpg

album #34 - Barbra Streisand, Walls

"How do you sleep when the world is burning?"

On her 37th (  :jonny4: ) studio album Barbra gets political. I'm really glad she's over with duets albums and finally recording original material. On her first pop album in almost 15 years, she drags Trump without any mercy. Pop production of songs not ruining its idea and even helps to make it much acceptable. Putting Happy Days Are Here Again as last track (it was also featured on her first ever album and one of her most known renditions) makes me kinda emotional. Her career is such a journey. An amazing record by one of my favorite artists of all time, still so angry her old fans paid it to dust :cries:

some favorites:  Don't Lie to Me, The Rain Will Fall, What's On My Mind, Happy Days Are Here Again

3xLIFgE.jpg

single #34 - Florence + the Machine, Hunger

"At seventeen, I started to starve myself, I thought that love was a kind of emptiness"

That classic Florence track is probably my favorite thing we get this era. Euphoric feeling along with massive arrangement, lyrics and Flo voice blends together in that magical piece. 

HrtxaoG.jpg

album #33 - Charlotte Gainsbourg, Rest

"You are my thing, I'm my own shadow, you are my little hurricane"

Once talented actress, once talented singer. I found Charlotte a few years ago when IRL was out, since that she released rarely, but her releases are always on point. 6 years break after Stage Whisper release, probably gave her more inspiration than ever. Rest was released last year but missed top 30 because it was close to the deadline, but I didn't stop to listen to this masterpiece this year. Brilliant piece of music serving as an amazing mix of disco, melancholic pop, dance and funk. One of the albums, that only keeps better with every listen.

some favorites:  Sylvia Says, Lying with You, Deadly Valentine, Les Crocodiles

raZbPE5.jpg

single #33 - Julia Michaels ft. Trippie Redd, Jump

"I'm gonna be cliché here for a minute and tell you that I've been hurt before"

Despite being songwriter genius for everyone, Julia still struggles to find success in solo after Issues. This song is another underrated bop - pure pop with urban/electronic vibes. Rap wasn't that bad but was unnecessary.

awV5jGS.jpg

:heart2: 

1 hour ago, madonnas said:

Deep End is def the best on ssss, even if its basically a reductive Banks song. 

1978201-focus.thumb.jpg.c822e5a41b6b3754

4 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

For You is :clap3: 

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

For You ?

15 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

For You is sooo good :heart2:

That Janine album was actually quite enjoyable :) 

19 hours ago, Jet said:

For You is great. Liam and Rita have kinda been on a streak of quality singles this year :clap3: 

20 hours ago, Remmy said:

Not into anything from this set but I know I gave For You, Tongue and SSSS (snippets) a try at some point. It's amazing how Liam Payne hasn't been involved in ONE good song yet, not one! Well not counting 1D of course.

21 hours ago, lhdang2000 said:

For You. :clap3: 

I want to listen to Craig David, but I always end up forgetting to do so. :dies: 

23 hours ago, Legend E said:

For You and Deep End :heart2: 

On 12/17/2018 at 1:59 AM, Dom said:

lykke li slaying, yass we stan.

MNEK WAS SUCH A CHART FLOP, BUT HE SERVED QUALITY. SHAME. that's what he gets for being annoying on twitter.

On 12/17/2018 at 12:02 AM, kelly-clarkson said:

OMG you like Janine?? Her debut album it's amazing :jonny5:

But her first EP it's on another level in my opinion!!

On 12/16/2018 at 11:59 PM, Navyofbadgals said:

Deep End issa bop

On 12/16/2018 at 11:55 PM, geodancefreak said:

Happy for MNEK!!

On 12/16/2018 at 11:55 PM, Superpower said:

Deep End :jonny2:

Mogul charting :clap3: 

On 12/16/2018 at 11:55 PM, Monky_2405 said:

I'm in love with your graphics, I can tell you really love this kinda stuff. Also I'm lovin' the lists so far, the singles one in particular, such a good taste! :clap3: 

On 12/16/2018 at 11:54 PM, theblackestday said:

Deep End :clap3: big bops as the kids say

On 12/16/2018 at 11:51 PM, Bxtch said:

Tongue :alexz: MNEK did THAT! 

On 12/16/2018 at 11:47 PM, prézli said:

Craig David aged AWFUL.

don't really care for anything from the last updates, but iaefjapwap I didn't know Julia Michaels had a song with Trippie Redd :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator

Do not ever doubt Mr. Orbit, Testament is amazing :heart2: 

Charlotte’s album was cute but I forgot about her :deadbanana2:

don't really care for anything from the last update [2] - All I remember from Kiiara is that one big hit that I hated :keir: Wow, Barbra is at 37 albums damn :jonny5: Our faves truly wish...

Jump is cute, pretty different from her other stuff. 

All Saints. :smitten: 

• ATRL Moderator

Messy is a bop!!! I love to hear that song with headphones :jamming:

It should have been a hit :jonny5:

For You & Imaginary Friend :smitten: :smitten: 

• ATRL Moderator

wanted to check out all saint but forgot to ff
messy is a bop. kiiara did that
hunger whew

Hunger ? :clap3:

Hunger is a masterpiece :jonny5: I'm starting to think I'm the only one who placed it as high as I did :eli:

Hunger ❤️ 

I love Rest! I feel that came out last year tho...... idk

Hunger is great, obvi. It may be very similar to her previous stuff but it's a bop

Jump is so underrated. A BOP :flame:

Messy was kinda cute, too :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.