TheWayWeWere's Best of 2018 | PG.17 GRAND FINALE

TheWayWeWere

Ouh I love the graphics. I agrih with what you said about Blue Lips but happy to see ha here.

God is a Woman & Honey :clap3: 

Be The Cowboy is nice

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Blue Rose

• Brandon

• Remmy

I’m late with Honey, but I guess it’s okay since the video just came out recently, anyway it’s a masterpiece :alexz:

Dirty Computer is great, hadn’t listened to Tove’s album but maybe I should give it a chance!

God is a woman missing the top 10 just for one spot :'(  Excited for the rest of the top 10, it's the best part..always :duca: 

Tove Lord :clap3:also I do recall that you said that BL was a decline for Tove :keir: First they get dissapointed then they switch huh

Mitski really snapped :jonny:GIAW is Ariana's best song this year (after TLIC), if only Ariana's personality was more decent, I would've bopped to this all day long.

I kinda never cared for Robyn and my glitchy AM doesn't let me check her (and any) new music out ughhhhh

Also I was kinda dissapointed by Caution, the praise of it on ATRL was go Gloryesque. Me I Am Mariah was much better tbh

Blue Lips and Dirty Computer :clap3: 

GIAW missing top 10 :jonny: 

Honey and Be the Cowboy :alexz: 

BLUE LIPS! :heart2: I am not a huge fan of Tove Lo's stuff even if I tried, but Blue Lips is an exception. It's that good. It's very emotional too. I'm just mad at her for not releasing a physical copy of it. Would've bought one in an instant.

• ATRL Moderator

God Is A Woman it's amazing :jonny5:

And same, I wasn't really into the song at first but it grew on me  :party: 

On 12/25/2018 at 3:01 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

single #11 - Ariana Grande, God is a woman 

"Yuh"

Female empowerment songs can be in trap pop genre, Ariana proves this with this major bop. Even tho I wasn't really into song at first, it became a big grower for me, especially with epic video release and VMA performance.  

:jonny:the choir at the end is what sold it to me

EqHr0du.png

album #9 - Lykke Li, so sad so sexy

"If there's a bomb in your heart I'll disarm it"

Probably one of these few times when album title clearly matches the album. Sexy trap sound with Lykke's sad lyricism and melancholic voice. Even tho it's never near as good as I Never Learn and even tho I'm still mad we didn't get LIV album, the album is still amazing, I love new direction she gets with this and I love that she still manages to stay true to herself. 

some favorites: sex money feelings die, so sad so sexy, utopia , two nights

Vt6gi1r.jpg

single #9 - Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper, Shallow 

"Aren't you tired tryin' to fill that void?"

Even tho I wasn't really into the song at first, it grows at me just after the movie premiere. I adore film so much and this song is the epitome of it and future classic :jonny5: It's so simple, but at the same time so effective.

z5nKa3W.jpg

album #8 - Ariana Grande, Sweetener

"Wake up, wake up, wake up"

Even tho pop girls didn't were in the spotlight this year, Ariana manages to get collect most of the trophies - multiple hits, #1 single, #1 album and etc. And this album proves she deserves all that. A pop album filled with massive pop anthems, r&b jams, minimal Pharrell production gave the big amount of choice for listeners. An impressive follow-up to DW, I'm really interested in the next one and her career as a whole.

some favorites: sweetener, better off, goodnight n go, r.e.m.

3sfqMgv.jpg

single #8 - Selena Gomez, Back to You 

"You could break my heart in two but when it heals, it beats for you"

Last year doing BO, I was listening to Wolves and other Selena releases and was sure we about to get the amazing pop album in 2018, but here we are and we only get ONE song :rip: ugh, low-key hate her, but Back to You keeps my interest in her. Breezy, kinda generic, but amazingly adorable pop track take my heart :jonny5: Great video only elevates this song:jonny5:

cZN36Wr.jpg

thanks for comments :alexz3:

1 hour ago, oceans said:

:jonny:the choir at the end is what sold it to me

1 hour ago, kelly-clarkson said:

God Is A Woman it's amazing :jonny5:

And same, I wasn't really into the song at first but it grew on me  :party: 

2 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

God Is A Woman :flame: 

6 hours ago, -mUsIcLoVeR- said:

BLUE LIPS! :heart2: I am not a huge fan of Tove Lo's stuff even if I tried, but Blue Lips is an exception. It's that good. It's very emotional too. I'm just mad at her for not releasing a physical copy of it. Would've bought one in an instant.

7 hours ago, Lazuli said:

Blue Lips and Dirty Computer :clap3: 

GIAW missing top 10 :jonny: 

Honey and Be the Cowboy :alexz: 

7 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Also I was kinda dissapointed by Caution, the praise of it on ATRL was go Gloryesque. Me I Am Mariah was much better tbh

delete this sis :eli: MIAM was amazing when it came out, but it aged badly for me tbh :rip: I tried to relistened it recently and I just can't get through the whole thing :rip: 

7 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Tove Lord :clap3:also I do recall that you said that BL was a decline for Tove :keir: First they get dissapointed then they switch huh

Mitski really snapped :jonny:GIAW is Ariana's best song this year (after TLIC), if only Ariana's personality was more decent, I would've bopped to this all day long.

I kinda never cared for Robyn and my glitchy AM doesn't let me check her (and any) new music out ughhhhh

BL is a little disappointing :eli: it's nowhere near as good as LW or QOTC, but it still likable and a grower, and I love her again.mp3 after movie :eli: 

9 hours ago, Monky_2405 said:

God is a woman missing the top 10 just for one spot :'(  Excited for the rest of the top 10, it's the best part..always :duca: 

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Tove Lo ?

13 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

dc + btc ?

Honey :heart2: 

13 hours ago, potent said:

I’m late with Honey, but I guess it’s okay since the video just came out recently, anyway it’s a masterpiece :alexz:

Dirty Computer is great, hadn’t listened to Tove’s album but maybe I should give it a chance!

15 hours ago, Temporal said:

Ouh I love the graphics. I agrih with what you said about Blue Lips but happy to see ha here.

God is a Woman & Honey :clap3: 

Be The Cowboy is nice

18 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

Blue Lips, Dirty Computer, Be The Cowboy, GIAW ahh :worship2: i just got into BTC yesterday after many praises on here it's really good 

19 hours ago, touch said:

Blue Lips and Dirty Computer missing the top 10 :jonny: God Is A Woman is amazing and I never got into Robyn, but her new album is pretty good :alexz:

19 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

God is a woman ??

21 hours ago, World Eater said:

Caution, Golden Hour, Be the Cowboy and Honey :smitten:

21 hours ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Mitski :jonny5: Geyser and A Pearl were my faves too

21 hours ago, Superpower said:

The 10s and the 11s :jonny: 

22 hours ago, Jet said:

GIAW just barely missing top 10 :'(

22 hours ago, Legend E said:

omg the three songs :jonny5: all masterpieces

On 12/26/2018 at 12:01 AM, Pink Matter said:

Janelle and Mitski made several points:jonny4: 

Giaw and Honey are pop perfection :clap3: 

On 12/25/2018 at 11:56 PM, Green said:

Honey is a masterpiece  :alexz: 

God is a woman is great too. 

And Dirty Computer  :worship2: 

On 12/25/2018 at 11:08 PM, Kevin2803 said:

Oh well, Dirty Computer and GIAW both missing the top 10 :'(

Blue Lips & Til I'm Done :heart2:

SSSS :clap3: a great album and good evolution for Lykke.

Sweetener and Shallow :clap3: 

10 years after her debut Gaga released a new classic/signature song  :alexz: 

Back to You could’ve been in a worst list instead :eli:

Shallow slays though! I’m still shocked she released something so great :clap3: 

#12-10: God is a woman + Honey :heart2: Both are great, but also needed time to grow on me. BLUE LIPS :smitten: Still think it's her weakest album, but not too far behind the others.. Dirty Computer :worship: Your Janelle faves are just a bit stronger than Tove's, I'd say.

#09-08: The choices for #8 are a little... rough :keir: Back to You isn't unlistenable but I'm just not a fan. I enjoy half of Sweetener while the rest is simply messy. Your standouts are good aside from the title track, aka the worst song in her discography. Shallow :date:

Shallow ❤️ :worship:

Sweetener :heart2:

Back To You is a great pop song :clap3:

Aw, it's so nice seeing Back To You ❤️ Video is gereat indeed, the song is far from her best but it's a nice melancholic nostalgic bop

Robyn & Janelle SNAPPING as they should :clap3:I was really into Back to You at the start of the year but then I kind of forgot about it. TRuly a great bop tho :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.