• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vilppu

• theblackestday

• madonnas

• Eeveelution

Serpentwithfeet delivered a good album but all the religion stuff killed its longevity for me. I read his bio and everything made sense!

Mitski and Kali :clap3: both have one song charting in my Top100 of the year.

Honestly I wish Kali had a better voice. Sometimes it's offputting.

Nice album set. Haven't heard #10 yet but i'm generally not into djent styled metal. 

I love Isolation so much, it's just my kind of thing

I'm glad to see Gotta Get Up among the standouts, the beat is incredible; should've been longer not just an interlude!

I use to think Kali was boring as ****, but her music these past two years have been really good. Her voice works for the mood and style she's serving.
I think people were excepting BP to work better sonically and content would be better. I only listen to a few tracks to this day but I still appreciate it as a whole and maybe the movie had to do with it but it was a bop and still felt important.
Soil could have been more engaging but I still use.
Mitski :clap3:

Isolation and Be The Cowboy :heart2: 

incredible albums

I couldn't get into serpentwithfeet :shutup:

Haven't heard of Architects but your description makes me wanna give them a try :cupid:

I'm a more production driven listener so ofcourse the serpentwithfeet album didn't impress me all that much. 

Kali :clap3:I screamed @ "can't sing at all" :rip: It's kind of true though :dies:

Mitski... I still do not stan

oh wow at that metal album. maybe I should check it out!

soil was :zzz: kinda disappointing since I somewhat anticipated it based on the singles. his shaky voice is grating to me

maybe fãggots do deserve rights in the end. 

and then you remember the existence of certain members on this site and realize we don't

not gonna get too deep into these but Isolation and Be the Cowboy...

tenor.gif

i love serpentwithfeet's voice so much, he really is an incredible singer and not in the overzealous way i typically dislike. a beautiful delicate album.

isolation & btc are excellent and will check out the metal album :mandown: 

serpentwithfeet momentami bawi się w Demi Lovato na award shows i niepotrzebnie oversings, ale w sumie to z takim głosem pewnie sam bym to robił :dies: Co do Kali, to nawet nie myślałem, że Isolation będzie AŻ TAK dobre, spodziewałem się kolejnego overhyped (głównie przez gejów) albumu, a tu proszę, taka niespodzianka. Nadal jestem ciekawy, gdzie był ten Mitski stanning (głównie ze strony mediów) po poprzednim albumie, który wg mnie zdecydowanie bardziej zasługiwał na ten praise.

BTC is the first (and only) Mitski album I've heard but I liked a good handful of the songs. 

Nobody was very #relatable for me a couple of months this year. 

• ATRL Moderator

Isolation and BTC back to back whew :clap3: I feel like Isolation is getting kind of ignored from what I've seen and it's not what it deserves 

On 12/15/2018 at 5:59 PM, Pink Matter said:

Mess, a lot of your HMs deserved better 

Untitled-1.png

Particularly Noname, The Internet, LEG, Janelle, US Girls, Wednesday :jonny: 

Albums: Melody's Echo Chamber and Cocoa Sugar were alright. Didn't really like either of them all that much.

I really enjoyed The Black Panther OST but I wouldn't say it's almost top 10 material. Top 50 for sure.

LEG, US girls and wednesday are pretty interchangeable with the albums on 15-11 and hate to break this to you but janelle's mention isn't exactly honourable you know

On 12/15/2018 at 5:59 PM, TRF. said:

serpentwithfeet, Mitski and Kali!!! :heart2:

slay and slay and slay all day

On 12/15/2018 at 5:59 PM, Eeveelution said:

I didn't know Kali was a talentless hack. :rip: Her vocal producer snapped. Gotta Get Up is also a brave choice for the standout.

Great write up for Be the Cowboy, Bury Me is not better though. :mandown: 

soil was cute the two times I listened to it. fragrant was a bop yes.

songwriting a more important and impressive talent anyway, you cannot autotune that! i have a feeling this means ms minaj comparing herself tanking on streaming to slavery type of brave but i'm just gonna assume it's a good type instead ^-^

thank you, it's the only one i'm satisfied with so far tbh

On 12/15/2018 at 6:03 PM, madonnas said:

UGH, I can't stand serpentwithfeet.  He's one of those people who's creative and talented but the way he over emphasizes every single note makes me CRINGE. 

Be the Cowboy and Isolation :clap3:  

i fee like this style of singing works for him but yeah i would absolutely hate it normally

On 12/15/2018 at 6:05 PM, Tsareena said:

:clap3: serpentwithfeet, kali and mitski. didn't know Kali couldn't sing ff 

tbh i maybe exaggerated but live she VERY heavily relied on backing track and in moments when her voice came out more strongly, it sounded breathless and weak. and she doesn't do choreo intense enough to justify that

On 12/15/2018 at 6:05 PM, Superpower said:

Serpentwithfeet delivered a good album but all the religion stuff killed its longevity for me. I read his bio and everything made sense!

Mitski and Kali :clap3: both have one song charting in my Top100 of the year.

mm i'll look more into that

On 12/15/2018 at 6:10 PM, Tom Vercetti said:

Honestly I wish Kali had a better voice. Sometimes it's offputting.

Nice album set. Haven't heard #10 yet but i'm generally not into djent styled metal. 

well i'm not either but this one worked !

On 12/15/2018 at 6:16 PM, Mark Rih said:

I love Isolation so much, it's just my kind of thing

I'm glad to see Gotta Get Up among the standouts, the beat is incredible; should've been longer not just an interlude!

tea tea tea i would absolutely love it to be a full song in favour of many others

On 12/15/2018 at 7:57 PM, MP2K said:

I use to think Kali was boring as ****, but her music these past two years have been really good. Her voice works for the mood and style she's serving.
I think people were excepting BP to work better sonically and content would be better. I only listen to a few tracks to this day but I still appreciate it as a whole and maybe the movie had to do with it but it was a bop and still felt important.
Soil could have been more engaging but I still use.
Mitski :clap3:

yeah por vida was kinda mediocre, she's grown a lot since

On 12/15/2018 at 8:05 PM, prézli said:

I heard Kali's work and didn't like it.

madonnas

I miss your old avi btw. :'( 

if you switch to LQ it's still there ^-^

22 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Isolation and Be The Cowboy :heart2: 

incredible albums

I couldn't get into serpentwithfeet :shutup:

he's v peculiar and i don't think he fits many people's taste so fair

17 hours ago, Vxspertine said:

Haven't heard of Architects but your description makes me wanna give them a try :cupid:

I'm a more production driven listener so ofcourse the serpentwithfeet album didn't impress me all that much. 

Kali :clap3:I screamed @ "can't sing at all" :rip: It's kind of true though :dies:

Mitski... I still do not stan

same, soil was an expection, most of the time where production/melody is good, you can sound like selena gomez pre processing and i won't care

i've gone back to the BTC album thread recently and omg at that c*ll*n idiot outright attacking you over not being heads over heels with it :skull: i didn't know we're in middle school

13 hours ago, theblackestday said:

oh wow at that metal album. maybe I should check it out!

soil was :zzz: kinda disappointing since I somewhat anticipated it based on the singles. his shaky voice is grating to me

and then you remember the existence of certain members on this site and realize we don't

not gonna get too deep into these but Isolation and Be the Cowboy...

tenor.gif

tbh it's always kinda heart-warming when users i respect and love say they find something new from my lists :heart2:

tea tea TEA at the bolded part

13 hours ago, volition said:

i love serpentwithfeet's voice so much, he really is an incredible singer and not in the overzealous way i typically dislike. a beautiful delicate album.

isolation & btc are excellent and will check out the metal album :mandown: 

omg you GET it!! the kpop mention in my write-up may seem random but there's so many songs in that genre that do absolutely nothing interesting and rely on adlibs/high notes wank to keep things going and that just highlights all the tracks' other problems and now i'm just kinda worried any above average vocalist will do that too but serpent works amazing with his voice

3 hours ago, World Eater said:

serpentwithfeet momentami bawi się w Demi Lovato na award shows i niepotrzebnie oversings, ale w sumie to z takim głosem pewnie sam bym to robił :dies: Co do Kali, to nawet nie myślałem, że Isolation będzie AŻ TAK dobre, spodziewałem się kolejnego overhyped (głównie przez gejów) albumu, a tu proszę, taka niespodzianka. Nadal jestem ciekawy, gdzie był ten Mitski stanning (głównie ze strony mediów) po poprzednim albumie, który wg mnie zdecydowanie bardziej zasługiwał na ten praise.

myślę, że to głównie wynika z tego, że puberty 2 było jej pierwszym (tak myślę?) tak naprawdę dobrze przyjętym albumem, a krytycy w sumie nieczęsto chcą dawać bardzo bardzo wysokie noty artystom, którzy nie mieli takowych wcześniej. ważne, że my wiemy, że puberty 2 > BTC anyday

1 hour ago, Kingie said:

BTC is the first (and only) Mitski album I've heard but I liked a good handful of the songs. 

Nobody was very #relatable for me a couple of months this year. 

glad you liked it! i think you would like her previous album, puberty 2, even more ^-^

59 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

Isolation and BTC back to back whew :clap3: I feel like Isolation is getting kind of ignored from what I've seen and it's not what it deserves 

publications kinda ignoring kali is criminal... we shall attack them

unsure as to why that didn't go in a spoiler tag but anyway

ALBUMS 6-4

61t6KRgvezL._SS500.jpg kids-see-ghosts-w-iext52974276.jpg

6. Pusha T – Daytona / 5. Kids See Ghosts – Kids See Ghosts

My wig is cinched, my tea snatched, we’re serving weave, said mr. West-Kardashian asked about his recent musical output. 2018 saw him in an interesting mental condition as he outdid soap maker Azealia Banks and was just shy of outdoing rapist and murder apologist, „Stupid Hoe” songwriter Onika Maraj in terms of how many Twitter meltdowns he pulled but it’s kind of hard for me to clown him too much as musically, he’s done some serious damage. While I don’t think anyone truly liked „ye”, his other projects more than made for it, with Pusha T’s „Daytona” and his own collaboration with Kid Cudi called „Kids See Ghosts” shining the brightest. Both records excel at different things: „Daytona” is very strongly performer-driven, while the beats and production are obviously very strong, it’s Pusha T’s remarkable charisma and unforgettable flow that steal the listener’s attention, whereas „Kids See Ghosts” focuses on sound first and foremost, it has some of the most interesting and unconventional production choices ever, but they are both undeniably Kanye. After all these years I still can’t exactly pinpoint what it is about him but he has a very rare gift to take even a really simple idea to develop it in a way that’s exciting, unpredictable and just plain fun which makes his work both instantly make a huge impression but also have tons of replay value. The shorter running times of his bodies of work really helped him as well – while „The Life of Pablo” is amazing at its highest, it’s cluttered with a little too much unnecessary half-baked tracks and with all that removed, „Daytona” and „Kids See Ghosts” become truly all killer, no filler. on the scale of 1 to Kanye saying slavery is a choice, how much can you tell I had no idea what to say about either

Standouts:

Daytona: If You Know You Know, The Game We Play, Infrared

Kids See Ghosts: Feel the Love, Reborn, Kids See Ghosts

Safe-In-The-Hands-Of-Love.jpg

4. Yves Tumor – Safe in the Hands of Love

It’s not easy to be an electronic music producer, methinks. While the current advancement of technology gives creators an almost unlimited range of different sounds and quirks they can work on expanding, it becomes an issue of itself – how far can I go to make my work truly unique and remarkable but at the same time prevent it from falling into the trap of becoming too self-indulgent and overcomplex to a point where the music just stops being enjoyable? On „Safe in the Hands of Love” Yves Tumor finds just the right balance, sort of playing with the listener’s expectations at the same time. I’m unfamiliar with his previous work so I don’t know if he’s ever done this before but his third album is two-faced – the first few tracks venture into the world of electronic music that’s quite out there and left-field but soon after the album becomes a fairly standard – but by no means mundane – piece heavily taking from 90s music and keeping to a more traditional song formula. The switch is surprising and places the record somewhat in a league of its own, as really, hardly any other work in recent memory manages to experiment this much all the while sustaining strong melodic songwriting and emotional value. May it be a brave statement but personally, I think „Safe in the Hands of Love” is the indie, acclaimed response to the „something for everyone” type of albums – and I just so happened to dig all of the something’s Yves prepared.

Standouts: Noid, Lifetime, Recognizing the Enemy

• ATRL Moderator

Pusha and Yves back to back you snapped again :eek:

Let the Lioness... should be in the SITHOL standouts as well though :mandown: 

• ATRL Moderator

I thought Daytona was cute and fun but Kids See Ghosts was way better sonically.

Yves Tumor's album was good, though it has too obvious highlights for me. 

Pusha’s album was great

KSG is overrated :mandown: 

Yves is nice but I haven’t listened to it enough (like once or twice).. not the easiest album to listen to but obvs very good

You made some points with this update,

I think „Safe in the Hands of Love” is the indie, acclaimed response to the „something for everyone” type of albums

I was thinking this earlier, it's very "I don't have a favourite genre, i listen to everything" - the album, very that.

Let the Lioness... should be in the SITHOL standouts as well though :mandown: [2]

Daytona is talented incredible amazing showstopping. Kids See Ghosts... :doc:

LOVE seeing Yves Tumor tho!!!! Yes ma'am!!! :weeps:

I don't know how I completely missed your update yesterday :rip: 

Anyways I'm going to have to disagree with you on serpentwithfeet. His voice is by far the most annoying thing about soil. Which is sad, because if you gave the album to any other "standard" vocalist for lack of a better term, I'd probably love the album. I just can't bare to listen to him sing :rip: 

Kali is certainly no vocalist but she knows how to work with what she's got , and do it well :clap3: 

And the short song length definitely worked in BTC's favor too. Gives you just enough without meandering off aimlessly!

Daytona and KSG back to back :clap3: 

Yves Tumor's album was good though I didn't enjoy it as much as most have. I think it starting out as more of a left-field piece and then becoming more standard was pretty interesting to hear as well! So your last point is actually interesting to see.

I'm like the polar opposite of you when it comes to Kanye :rip: I'll talk about how I feel about both albums more in depth on my list :-*

YVES DID THAT :clap3: Your track picks oh WOW!! the amount of taste exhibited...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.