Tsareena's Best of '18 | AOTY Pg 23

Tsareena

Gotta find time to check the Big Freedia EP. I need some more big bops to get through this winter season 

tenor.gif

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsareena

• theblackestday

• Remmy

• Blue Rose

Idk any of these except for 1975 which I'm lowkey refusing to listen to :fan: 

Wig @ Overtime, mama is not playing! So glad her new album is going to be musica dance-inspired, it's what we deserve :jonny: One Kiss, thank u, next, Party for One and NBTS (haters can choke :fish2:) :alexz:

Freedia deserves more recognition, ATRL doesn't know how much they're missing out

tenor.gif

ABIIOR :heart2:

glad it's pretty much universally agreed LIIWMI and HTD/P are the best songs on 1975 album

• ATRL Moderator

gC0nv7m.gif

70 - 66

XeyutqY.png

Got into Tommy when the whole Bartier Cardi thing happened and stuck with her. Great production in general and I love how well most of the album flows together. I still don't see the fetish rap thing she claims to do... it's just trap music. "Tommy" could have come a little earlier in the album in make it just right. The 2nd half was surprisingly cute. Naughty, Drive ?

Serves: Naughty, Bad Boy, Tommy

wslNLPT.png

The bops on this whew. Gays won again in 2018 with this one. Really fun production and the various features add so much to the album. I only checked it out for Sky Ferreira. Thanks Sky ❤️ 

Serves: 1980-99, Let Me Down Like U, Marc & Me

AyiJ0jm.png

The production is great and his voice whew. Gorgeous. Love the plant and scent metaphors. A great debut. Another win for 20 gayteen. Some of the melodies are sooooo infectious. Really gets stuck in your head no matter what and I love that. And I feel like most of the songs are about nut  somehow:dies: 

Serves: wrong tree, cherubim, fragrant

OfALxHw.png

A bit disappointing compared to Freetown Sound but still an enjoyable follow up.The spoken words punch the hardest for me. Generally a great record with some great themes especially with a more positive outlook. Though, It's kinda forgettable once you're done listening... like I only remember a few songs clearly and the spoken parts.

Serves: Jewelry, Charcoal Baby, Runnin'

qYt4uAc.png

I honestly listened to hate on it but ended up really enjoying it. Nothing new on her album in terms of her sound but the production is really tight and the use of samples gives the album a great throwback vibe but it still feels fresh. Whatchamacalit shouldn't exist though :pukey:

Serves: Dangerous , Trip, Run My Mouth

• ATRL Moderator

On 12/20/2018 at 7:13 PM, Superpower said:

Only know Matty’s band (Somebody Else was top3 Songs on my 2016 Best Of) and I also loved the mix of genres. I love the songs you highlighted but my fave from the album isn’t one of them. I guess that shows depth. They kinda snapped. 

:clap3: they snapped

23 hours ago, Legend E said:

Idk any EPs/albums, but glad to see NBTS in the bops list :clap3: 

:dies:

21 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Gotta find time to check the Big Freedia EP. I need some more big bops to get through this winter season 

tenor.gif

yes do!!

19 hours ago, Wicked said:

I don't really use these albums but Freedia did deliver.

she did that

16 hours ago, Sbbmsve said:

@Tsareena I-.. that’s how much I don’t know them :bibliahh:

:dies:

16 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

waiting for next update, since I don't know any of these artists :-* 

welp

11 hours ago, theblackestday said:

3rd Ward Bounce is big bops :clap3:

tea

11 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Idk any of these except for 1975 which I'm lowkey refusing to listen to :fan: 

10 hours ago, World Eater said:

Wig @ Overtime, mama is not playing! So glad her new album is going to be musica dance-inspired, it's what we deserve :jonny: One Kiss, thank u, next, Party for One and NBTS (haters can choke :fish2:) :alexz:

Freedia deserves more recognition, ATRL doesn't know how much they're missing out

tenor.gif

ABIIOR :heart2:

:clap3:

9 hours ago, Lazuli said:

ABIIOR :worship2: 

an album

2 hours ago, Vilppu said:

glad it's pretty much universally agreed LIIWMI and HTD/P are the best songs on 1975 album

:clap3:

1 hour ago, Dom said:

Excuse Me isss great, mommy.

omg taste

Thoughts on Own It from Ella's album?

Glad swf made an appearance!! The songs probably are about nut but his way with words either way >

• ATRL Moderator

gC0nv7m.gif

65 - 61

V0hPW3y.png

Someone was comparing her to Carly so I had to check out her album. Generally a great debut. Very fun production and songs. The more serious tracks were a bit forced but Canada really makes some great pop artists. The closing track is especially interesting... called "cereal" it's about a break-up and it's called cereal... cuz the singer is crying into her cereal :dies:  but the melody is extremely gorgeous. Gays need to get into her

Serves: Cereal, Tables Have Turned, Long Distance Lover

AsVZFtS.png

I was highkey not enjoying this initially but I find Wet's extremely infectious. So of course I enjoy their sophomore album.... the melodies are gorgeous and as usual I find myself returning this quite a bit. Not as consistent as their debut but their sound is definitely less samey on this. I'd bump this higher if I can tbh asldkja... a lot of the songs have grown on me.

Serves: Lately , 11 Hours, This Woman Loves You

Nw4t6vz.png

I was surprised to hear the really deep voice initially but found out it's all vocal production and that remains a highlight on this. Real adds to the emotions of most of the tracks. Lyrics are also really beautiful. I don't even remember why I bothered listening to this ff. Mexico is definitely the standout for me.. such a gorgeous track about going to Mexico after having a bad breakup and well having a good time.

Serves: Falling Apart, Gentleman, Mexico

yRiZNBZ.png

A lot better than what I imagined a Bey/ Jay album would sound though of course Bey steals the show for me and I found a lot of Jay's parts to be dull and lacking any punch in lyricism or delivery. The topic matter was just okay. Wanted more conceptual than what we got but I'm glad cheating doesn't seem to be the main topic. On The Run II made me appreciate this a lot more as well

Serves: Nice (a bop... slaps a bit too hard), Boss, lovehappy

EUImkSf.png

Only recently got into Marian Hill and I really enjoyed their sophomore album. Love the stripped back approach with their sound. Still uniquely them but with an interesting touch.Sideways is easily the standout on this... such a gorgeous track... the verses ?.. wait I'm just noticing the eyeball in the album cover :dies: 

Serves: Sideways, All Night Long, Don't Miss You

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Wicked said:

Thoughts on Own It from Ella's album?

Glad swf made an appearance!! The songs probably are about nut but his way with words either way >

:jonny4: Own It is really good. She used the sample really well... ugh tea on swf

EIL is good, I think it's position is pretty accurate. Jay weighed it down a lot tbh.

The Carters’ album is actually very creative despite all the braggadocio and it is excellent. It’s just a little tainted.

I didn’t know Wet released. I used to follow her, don’t know how I missed it. Will have to check it out.

#70-#67... great gowns beautiful gowns

#66-#63... don't know... don't know what she sang

• ATRL Moderator

I hated the second half of the Tommy albubm, but yeah the bops are bops.

OMG there's so much here I don't know :rip: 

I wanted to enjoy O more a same with A Good Girl, they just... left a lot to be desired from me, but maybe they'll grow on me if I ever give them a chance again.  I prob will with O.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.