• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prismee

• thecptz

• Remmy

• Legend E

Mariners Apartment Complex is my absolute fave out of these.

Beach House had P4K seething so that’s a winner :lmao: 

gems (13-16 / 24)

(in no order)

Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely

I feel so bad for this girl, she's harmless, sweet and just wanna write songs from her heart but people are dragging her relentlessly. Her album was cute too but I guess people didn't find her interesting... I mean, a #71 debut on B200 when she just won BNA this year :dies: This song is cuten, well-written, has a cute production with a catchy hook so idk why it didn't even chart on H100. Poor her.

Demi Lovato - Sober

Ugh, this song :chick3: Didn't care for it when it was released but I revisited it after her OD and it really spoke to me and made me reflect on my personal issues. Very sincere song.

Kelly Clarkson - Heat

Ahhh my ****ing fave :clap3: So proud of her for this album, although it flopped but it was really a huge step up from PBP. Heat was my favorite since my first album listen and it still is now. Deserved to smash (so did LSS and Medicine), but I guess she's at the stage of her career where she won't be getting hits anymore. Also can we talk about how her live performances are always just as great as her studio recordings? :jonny: 

Years & Years - If You're Over Me

Didn't care for them other than King (an absolute bop) but I found this on Spotify and liked it a lot. So bouncy and fun. Maybe I should check out their album? ? 

2/4 for me :fan:

i love trust my lonely so much :weeps: it deserves the success scars to your beautiful got :fish2: she got the BNA curse. poor her.

i don't really know why she gets too much hate when, just like you said, she's so harmless

anyway, lemme give her another stream ❤️

whew. heat is WIG, she did that. i always love kelly's live performance. her vocal :clap3: only talent tbh!

don't care for sober and Y&Y ❤️

I feel you on the hard year...I haven't even delved into my personal stuff yet in my best of. 

High Hopes, Delicate, Without Me, Shallow, Party For One, Sober, Dancing :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

You're serving taste :clap3:

Heat and Sober :clap3:

hits (7-9 / 12)

(in no order)

Bazzi - Mine

Probably the most random hit this year. I knew about this from the 'you so ****ing precious when you smile' meme but then I realized this was actually a really great song by itself. I just wish it was longer.

Dua Lipa - IDGAF

I have no idea why the Little Lipas keep talking **** about this song because it ****ing knocks? It reminds me of circa 2010 dancepop but with a more contemporary edge. I'll take this over New Rules any day.

Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin - I Like It

SONG OF THE SUMMER ? So effortlessly fresh and fun. I wish it had more Cardi though (so featuring either Bad Bunny or J Balvin only so Cardi gets at least 2 verses. Heck, a solo version would work too.), the first 1.5 minutes was pure FIRE but the momentum takes a hit when Bad Bunny comes in. 

Heat, Sober and Trust My Lonely all good. They're all on my list, although none of them made it that high.

Mine and IDGAF meh, I Like It bleh, but I'll stay tuned for the last set of hits!

Gems: Sober :cries: Heat and Trust My Lonely :smiley: Yeah, I agree that Alessia is harmless and overhated. Her latest album still could've been much better though. | Hits: IDGAF is decent, not an album highlight.

• ATRL Moderator

IDGAF :clap3:

gems (17-20 / 24)

(in no order)

Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way

Other than Shallow since I already heard it prior to the movie, this was the song that truly struck a chord with me when watching ASIB. Speechless and You and I have been 2 of my favorite Gaga songs, and now ARUTW completes the Gaga ballad trinity. Such a simple melody sung with so much emotion and power. :chick3: I'll Never Be Whitney tried but ARUTW >>

Janelle Monáe - Screwed (feat. Zoë Kravitz)

Janelle did THAT. Don't worry, she'll be mentioned again.

Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow

Kacey did THAT. Don't worry, she'll be mentioned again.

Ariana Grande - imagine

This spot was actually reserved for goodnight n go (:heart2:) but then this bitch came outta nowhere and dropped this masterpiece. :jonny: I can see why people don't like it but this is exactly the type of Ari songs I love, and now I'm more excited for AG5 than ever. Her magnum opus is coming.

IDGAF, ILI and all of the last update :clap3: 

gems (21-24 / 24)

(in no order)

Lemme just get the last 4 out of the way since I'm sure nobody will care for these 4 songs.

Imagine Dragons - Machine

Tbh I'm a fan of them, their music is generic but very feel-good and Dan is just an amazing human :heart2: Evolve was one of my favorite albums last year but they really dropped the ball this year... This song is one of the good ones though, I use.

Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right

Another artist I like that disappointed me this year (in fact, since 2016 nn)... I know she can be cringey and I can totally see why she turns off peple, but I really think she has the knack for writing catchy pop songs plus she has a pretty voice (she just keeps using it wrongly). Just imagine the melodies of Me Too/NO with better production and lyrics... whew. Title was the perfect amount of playful and cheeky, then she decided to make empowering songs in an overbearing manner. :dies:  Still, this song is a certified pop bop. 

Christina Aguilera - Fall In Line (feat. Demi Lovato)

I heard Liberation was pretty good but I didn't bother after listening to the disastrous Accelerate. Fall In Line is cute though, we love a powerhouse collab. :clap3: 

Billie Eilish - when the party's over

This chick is blowing the **** up everywhere but ATRL is paying her complete dust :toofunny3: I don't exactly like her or her music a lot but this track really stood out for me. I'm always a sucker for hauntingly beautiful songs like this, it gives me goosebumps in the best way possible. Also the harmonies are really pretty. I think she's gonna do big things next year tbh.

• ATRL Moderator

Fall In Line, Let You Be Right :clap3:

Woo lorde there is some taste popping off in here. :jonny5: 

Shallow, Dancing, Mariners Apartment Complex (low-key one of Lana's BEST ever songs!) :heart2: 

Always Remember Us This Way might be one of my fave ever Gaga ballads too. Sooooo beautiful.

ARUTW :cries: Kacey, Janelle, Ari, I Like It :heart2: Also Meghan gives us such fun, cute bops and all the gays do is trash her :'( poor thing 

• ATRL Moderator

Me Too had excellent production :biblio: That's why it's such a good song.

Anyway, LYBR is a good song but she released better this year... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.