Prismee's Best of 2018 | my top 6 albums

Prismee

These lists are kinda serving so far, we love that!

Hits: High Hopes :fish1: Delicate :celestial4: || Gems: Party for One :party: Plum + New Light :smitten:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prismee

• thecptz

• Remmy

• Legend E

Trip in the best hits list :clap3:

and I like everything on gems, except 1950 which I’m not that familiar with :clap3: New Light was an unexpectedly great song this year!

the only song i don't like in this batch is plum ?

idc about john mayer

gems (5-8 / 24)

(in no order)

Normani x Calvin Harris - Slow Down

Everyone (ATRL and the industry alike) has been overhyping this girl A LOT but she kinda snapped with this bop!

Shawn Mendes - Lost In Japan

NOT the uglee Zedd remix! The original is easily Shawn's best song. Ditch the bland HAC goodboy songs and go full JT on us, Shawn.

Lana Del Rey - Mariners Apartment Complex

Lana has always been very hit and miss for me (sorry xo) but this was just amazing. A good piano riff always gets me.

The Chainsmokers - Beach House

Probably not the Beach House y'all are looking for :celestial5: 
I'm soooo gonna get dragged for this but this is actually really good? In fact, it's their best release this year. ? Side Effects is the only one that comes close but it's a bit forgettable. This Feeling is a cheap Closer rehash and everything else is just trash. Give this song a chance :heart2: 

1 hour ago, thecptz said:

the only song i don't like in this batch is plum ?

idc about john mayer

I don't care for John either but New Light really snatched me. :jonny: You should give it a listen.

22 hours ago, Staryu said:

Party For One :clap3: I saw that King Princess person alot on Spotify but the payola that really got me was Ava Max, ATRL payola too :deadbanana2: I kept seeing her on Today's Top Hits and threads on ATRL and Sweet But Psycho grew on me so much :rip: love it now 

Stay tuned ? 

1 minute ago, Prismee said:

I don't care for John either but New Light really snatched me. :jonny: You should give it a listen.

Stay tuned ? 

already gave it a try and still don't care for it :alexz3:

anyway, the chainsmokers is trash :) i really like lost in japan and i agree with you about that disgusting remix

slow down is better than checklist. mariners apartment complex still slays me everytime i play the song :heart2:

lana did that with both MAC and VB

Mariners Apartment Complex serves me Ultraviolence, the last decent Lana's album :jonny5:

Working with Jack Antonoff already hyped me up since he did amazing job on Melodrama, Reputation and Masseduction :jonny5:

Some TCS praise :clap3: I still have to figure out why they started flopping

Slow Down is a bop indeed!

9 hours ago, Prismee said:

Everyone (ATRL and the industry alike) has been overhyping this girl A LOT but she kinda snapped with this bop!

oop tea on both accounts

the list is kinda serving! :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

delicate is really one of the standouts of reputation. great track

trip was great. made me interested in ella mai since I hated boo'd up
party for one of course a bop. don't get why gays didn't live
plum also amazing
1950 :jonny: 
slowdown :jonny:
MAC :jonny:

Calvin, Lana and Chainsmokers :michael: 3 people I usually like, but these songs ain't iT for me.
I feel like I've read a lot of "____ is the only Chainsmokers song I care for this year" recently :laugh:
I can actually relate, but only with Side Effects. Lost In Japan is a good one :jamming:

13 hours ago, Prismee said:

Listen to his album The Search for Everything, it has a few songs with a similar feel

12 hours ago, Tsareena said:

delicate is really one of the standouts of reputation. great track

trip was great. made me interested in ella mai since I hated boo'd up
party for one of course a bop. don't get why gays didn't live
plum also amazing
1950 :jonny: 
slowdown :jonny:
MAC :jonny:

oh wow your taste >>

:clap3: 

hits (4-6 / 12)

(in no order)

Halsey - Without Me

Ms. Frangipane ****ing SNAPPED with this song. :jonny5: Never cared for her but then she came outta nowhere with this bop and started smashing organically. Glad the GP agrees with me. Also checked out her past songs because of Without Me and found some gems here and there. She's one to look out for among the new girls tbh. ? 

Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Pure pop perfection. I remember the ATRL payola for this girl, then Spotify hopped on the bandwagon and now I have to put her under the 'hits' section. Wow. Her success is still so weirdly amazing for me and I'm glad this song is smashing all around the world. And of course the US is always late to the party, in their little world of 6ix9ine and XXXTENTACION.

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper - Shallow

AHHHHH this song still gives me chills. The Shallow scene in ASIB is hands down the best scene and it lowkey went down from there tbh (no shade, it's still a decent movie but the middle part dragged on too much and the ending wasn't that amazing to wrap up the film)
Anyway, Gaga's redemption was so glorious to witness. Seeing my friends stanning her, her VOICE, her older music and even the '100 people in the room' memes was kinda funny tbh. She was the QUEEN of Asia from 2009-2013 then she totally fell off and now she's back for blood. :clap3: I never fully stanned Gaga but always recognized her talent and passion in music, so I'm genuinely happy for her and I'm excited for her next project. She's a legend in the making!

oh wow this batch :clap3:

without me did that. i didn't like it when it was released but then i randomly heard it on the radio and it slayed me :weeps:

KSmellie ha fave :smitten: yeah even though i don't like her, some of her songs are great like roman holiday, alone, colors, now or never, and sorry :sistrens:

kii sweet but psycho is going to be a smash. idc about it that much but it's okay :michael:

whew. i agree with everything about shallow. that scene :weeps: and also the parking lot scene :weeps: gagz did that

great!

gems (9-12 / 24)

(in no order)

Kylie Minogue - Dancing

A song that's country but disco, uptempo but depressing. We stan.

LSD - Thunderclouds

Well this is actually kinda a minor hit but it deserved to SMASH like Sia and Labrinth's vocals work so well together and the melody is insanely catchy? And if it smashed maybe we could've gotten the album by now. LSD is such a weird combination of people but it works well tbh, all of their songs so far have been pretty decent. 

Silk City and Dua Lipa - Electricity

Technically another minor hit but with the huge momentum Dua had, this didn't even do 10% of One Kiss. :dies: I know a lot of poeple find it boring, I did too at first but I heard it on radio one day and it just clicked. The production is superb and it's actually wayyy better than One Kiss (not sorry, One Kiss is so overrated I have no idea how it smashed)

Clean Bandit - Baby (feat. Marina and Luis Fonsi)

Clean Bandit's best output this year. Love the Spanish guitars and the overall vibe of the song. Very well produced and Luis Fonsi was a good feature along with Marina singing the main parts (unlike Sean "Daily Struggle" Paul on Rockabye :dies: ) Deserved to smash over Solo tbh but I guess Marina is truly charts poison.

dancing is a cute country bop ? i stan along with stop me from falling

i can't wait for LSD's album. it's gonna be v interesting tbh

wow i can't believe you didn't like electricity at first :shakeno: such a flop.

anyway, i agree that this is better than one kiss :heart2:

baby is a cute sing, should've been only a collab with clean bandit and marina tho

but whatever

Lately I found Halsey's voice very annoying :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator

I love the video of Without Me :clap3:

14 hours ago, Prismee said:

And of course the US is always late to the party, in their little world of 6ix9ine and XXXTENTACION.

JHGSKdch leave us ALONE. Maxx really did that tho

Electricity, Lost in Japan, Dancing :clap3: 

Hits: Sweet But Psycho doesn't do iT for me. Same for Without Me, which sucks because it feels like I'm one of the 5 people that doesn't like ha. It definitely doesn't deserve to be Halsey's highest peaking song (sans Closer.) Shallow goes off and the scene also slays, we been knew! "lowkey went down from there" "decent movie" wow I'm disgusted
Gems: Thunderclouds is a cool one :jamming: Electricity really goes OFF :clap3: I don't want to listen to any song with Luis Fonsi in it after what he made us suffer through last year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.