lhdang2000's 2018 [01/13] (FINAL!RECAP!)

lhdang2000

god is a woman is  very good tbh. ari did that and mv is fantastic.

all falls down is great, best from alan in a while.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lhdang2000

• Remmy

• Legend E

• kelly-clarkson

REPLIES: 

23 hours ago, JGibson said:

Fall In Line + River ❤️ 

21 hours ago, Green said:

God is a woman and Fall in line  :clap3:

20 hours ago, kelly-clarkson said:

Fall In Line and God Is A Woman are amazing :jonny5:

Told You So is cute!

20 hours ago, Jet said:

Fall In Line + GIAW is pop at its finest :clap3: 

20 hours ago, Temporal said:

Gaaaaawd is a womaaaaan

19 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Ariana, Charlie, 5SOS, High Hopes :clap3:

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

Fall In Line :flame:

11 hours ago, Lazuli said:

GIAW, Told You So, Fall In Line :clap3: Poor Xtina missing the top 10 :-* 

7 hours ago, Legend E said:

River, GIAW, FIL ? 

7 hours ago, Tsareena said:

all falls down is pretty fun tho I got tired of it pretty quick
kiss and make up is pretty fun
bulow :clap3: 
river, god is a woman, fall in line

6 hours ago, Coklek92 said:

Can't stop listening to High Hopes :jonny5:

3 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Kiss & Meke up

God Is A Woman

Fall In Line 

:worship:

3 hours ago, madonnas said:

Meghod :clap3: 

I hated Kiss and Make Up on first listen but now I'm fine with it. 

1 hour ago, potent said:

Fall in Line is my favorite from this set. I'm more open minded towards Dua now but Kiss and Make Up didn't do it for me.

42 minutes ago, Dom said:

god is a woman is  very good tbh. ari did that and mv is fantastic.

all falls down is great, best from alan in a while.

Thanks guy! :heart2: 

23 hours ago, Remmy said:

Kiss & Make Up did nothing for me (along w/ Want To) :michael: River is nice, the only reason I listened to her EP honestly :jamming: Fall In Line :heart2: God is a woman :fish1: It needed some time to grow on me, but she's a bop for sure. Ready to see what's in this top 10

Oh true :-* And yeah One Foot definitely deserved some love, both on here and on the actual charts!

It'll be ready in 10 minutes. :eli: 

11 hours ago, TayRianaPH said:

Kiss and Make Up getting a Top 20 spot! :jonny5: I love the concept of BLACKPINK giving Dua her highest entry! :fan: 

Fall In Line might be a great Top 10 and GIAW is GOAT, it deserves. :heart2:

I love the concept of Dua giving BLACKPINK their only entry! :fan: 

Edited by lhdang2000

cqLHDVT.png

010. Charlie Puth – Empty Cups

(Charlie Puth’s appearance: 5 of 6)

009. Julia Michaels – Heaven

(Julia Michaels’ appearance: 2 of 2)

008. Anne-Marie – Trigger

(Anne-Marie’s appearance: 5 of 5)

007. Demi Lovato – Sober

(Demi Lovato’s appearance: 2 of 3)

006. Camila Cabello – Into It

(Camila Cabello’s appearance: 5 of 5)

005. Loote – Your Side of the Bed

(Loote’s appearance: 1 of 1)

004. Charlie Puth – BOY

(Charlie Puth’s appearance: 8 of ?

003. Benjamin Ingrosso – So Good So Fine When You’re Messing with My Mind

(Benjamin Ingrosso’s appearance: 9 of 9)

002. Clean Bandit – Solo (feat. Demi Lovato)

(Clean Bandit’s appearance: 2 of 2;

Demi Lovato’s appearance: 1 of 1)

001. Sabrina Carpenter – Hold Tight (feat. Uhmeer)

(Sabrina Carpenter’s appearance: 8 of 8;

Uhmeer’s appearance: 1 of 1)

I have something unexpected happens tomorrow, so I won't be updating, but when I come back on Sat, January 5th, 2019, I will try to catch up with all of your lists. Together with that, we will head into Top 20 Best Albums of 2018 and Top 10 Worst Albums of 2018

Until that, I hope you guys would check out my top 10. Thank you for being with me up to now. :heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator

Well Demi, with either song, deserved the #1 :skull: 

Your top 10 is soooo.... Teenage Artist how old are you??

Anyway I love Solo & Sober :flame: 

Oh you REALLY like this Charlie album, huh? :keir: Sober is heartbreaking for sure :cries: Hold Tight is alright, not in my trinity from the EP though. Solo is an amazing bop, Clean Bandit and Demi both went off on that one :katie2: Would've preferred that getting that top spot :gaycat3:

Solo + Sober + Heaven ❤️ 

Charlie having TWO entries in the top 10 is a choice :) 

The Demi entries are the best things here :clap3: Solo is THAT bop! 

• ATRL Moderator

OMG your #1 is a bop :katie2:

Hold Tight is one of my favorites of Sabrina. She really did that with her Singular Act I :jonny5:

Solo and Into It are bops!

Sober :cries:

• ATRL Moderator

Into It is the second best on Camila's album! 

Solo making it all the way to #2 :jonny5:

Sober and Heaven are great picks too.

REPLIES:

On 1/3/2019 at 4:04 PM, Legend E said:

Well Demi, with either song, deserved the #1 :skull: 

On 1/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, JGibson said:

Solo + Sober + Heaven ❤️ 

On 1/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, Jet said:

Solo, Boy, Into It, and Sober :clap3: 

Demi slayed 2018

On 1/4/2019 at 3:45 AM, Brandon said:

Solo in the Top 2 ❤️

On 1/4/2019 at 4:28 AM, Lazuli said:

Charlie having TWO entries in the top 10 is a choice :) 

The Demi entries are the best things here :clap3: Solo is THAT bop! 

On 1/4/2019 at 8:27 AM, Green said:

Solo and Sober  :clap3: Demi slaying this set

On 1/4/2019 at 4:04 PM, Temporal said:

I thot Sober was gonna be #1 n

Into It slaps! Ha best

2 hours ago, potent said:

Solo making it all the way to #2 :jonny5:

Sober and Heaven are great picks too.

The Demi's love here. :heart2: 

I love Demi, and Solo was initially my #1, but for some reasons, I connect to Hold Tight too much. 

On 1/3/2019 at 4:49 PM, Ivan_brit said:

Your top 10 is soooo.... Teenage Artist how old are you??

Anyway I love Solo & Sober :flame: 

Well, I do say that me turning 18 this year has a lot with these decisions. I love something fun, vibrant, and upbeat. 

It also happens that the teenage artists are finding their personalities this year, which something that the mainstream rap artists are lacking. 

On 1/3/2019 at 5:01 PM, Remmy said:

Oh you REALLY like this Charlie album, huh? :keir: Sober is heartbreaking for sure :cries: Hold Tight is alright, not in my trinity from the EP though. Solo is an amazing bop, Clean Bandit and Demi both went off on that one :katie2: Would've preferred that getting that top spot :gaycat3:

Yes, I really like this Charlie album. :keir:

Do I like it most tho? :keir: 

On 1/4/2019 at 1:47 PM, madonnas said:

Into It is the second best on Camila's album! 

I thought it was her best. 

On 1/4/2019 at 7:33 AM, kelly-clarkson said:

OMG your #1 is a bop :katie2:

Hold Tight is one of my favorites of Sabrina. She really did that with her Singular Act I :jonny5:

Solo and Into It are bops!

Sober :cries:

On 1/4/2019 at 4:21 PM, Dom said:

HOLD TIGHT IS A SONG, A WHOLE ASS BOP. SLAY SIS.SOLO IS A CUTE SUMMER BOP, WE STAN.

Yasss @ the love for Hold Tight. :jonny: 

Sabrina is so underrated. :jonny5: 

AqpkHmm.png

20. Calum Scott – Only Human

54255265?wid=250&hei=250&qlt=80&fmt=pjpe

“For some reasons, I always believe ATRL hates Calum Scott ever since the moment he covers “Dancing on My Own” in a totally different side of Robyn. However, that is the moment when I fell in this guy’s charm.

He has such an angelic voice, and he utilizes that throughout every song in the album. While the album is one-dimensional, there is something vulnerable in his lyrics and the way he sings that keeps captivating me the more I hear the album. It feels so personal, and I feel like living in the journey of him from childhood to the grown, successful man he is right now. The ability to tell the story is one that many artists are lacking right now, fortunately, Calum can do that with ease and perfection.

However, as I have mentioned, the album does feel one-dimensional and safe. I would love for him to experiment different sounds. We have seen Sam Smith successfully does that with “Money on My Mind” or “Like I Can,” so hopefully one day I will see Calum tries out something different.”

HIGHLIGHT: “No Matter What,” “Dancing on My Own,” “You Are the Reason”

19. Troye Sivan – Bloom

MI0004437496.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

“This year saw many LGBT artists who have been receiving much more support from the general public, making this the 20-gay-teen. And they did not disappoint, as some of them have improved artistically, one of them is Troye Sivan.

The album receives critical acclaims, and Troye really deserves that. He did not invent something new, but Troye stuck to what would work best for him, and it did him wonders. The album is one of the shortest ones on this list, and I believe it is one the reasons why it is here. Troye sometimes goes out of style with more upbeat tracks, and then he turns back in time for the next track, which does not make the album one-dimensional yet cohesive.

What I would change? The album sounds too much like “Call Me by Your Name” soundtrack. Either Troye was influenced by the movie, or this was all a coincidence, I would find myself finding the similarities in the production between the two albums.

Also, I was waiting for a breakthrough moment, and I did not get it. I mentioned that the album was rather short (around 45 minutes for the Target Edition), so I believe Troye should have given me at least one explosive moment like “Youth” in his last effort. Instead, even though there are up-tempo tracks, everything still sounds smooth and peaceful, which does not suit my listening style this year, I suppose.

HIGHLIGHTS: “My My My!”, “Bloom,” “This This”

kkDUwd8.png

10. Justin Timberlake – Man of the Woods

0004838794.jpg

“My God, Justin baby what is this? I don’t know what’s worse, the lengthy outro or his attempt of being a down-to-earth country guy? The album has its moments, but the bad points were too much to ignore.

I’ll start from the tracks. Gosh it sounds like forever. Justin’s problem ever since “The 20/20 Experience” is that his tracks are always unnecessarily long. An album needs to be cohesive, and this does not have that.

I can’t explain how disappointed I was with “Supplies.” The desperate attempt of being relatable and still staying on trend with the younger generations is exceptionally annoying. Ever since the teaser, I was captivated with its bridge a lot. I once thought this would be the highlight of Justin’s career. Boy I was wrong. The beautiful bridge was all over the place in such a heavy-production track. It sounds like it wasn’t meant to be there.

The “Hers (Interlude)” and the last seconds of “Flannel” could’ve been left out. What was the point? Jesus Christ my eyes rolled so hard the first time I listened to it.

The Pharell Williams' tracks were boring, uninspiring, and tiring. I can’t imagine Pharrell, Justin and his team, and the RCA executives all sit down for sixty-five minutes and fifty-four seconds to listen to this album and say: “This is the SH*T.”

It’s no surprise that the better tracks are the shorter tracks and the first few tracks. Because by the second half of the album, listening to the album is almost like order a terrible large meal: You try to digest it, but it is insufferable.”

Edited by lhdang2000

Man of the Woods is easily JT's worst album (I only liked a few songs that I don't even remember that much  :dies: )

Supplies is his worst song ever

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, lhdang2000 said:

My God, Justin baby what is this?

nnnn that was exactly my reaction :dies:

14 hours ago, lhdang2000 said:

I can’t imagine Pharrell, Justin and his team, and the RCA executives all sit down for sixty-five minutes and fifty-four seconds to listen to this album and say: “This is the SH*T.

Resultado de imagen para atrl

The only song I liked from that album is Higher Higher

I skipped over the Worst Albums banner and thought MOTW was on the best list, then I read the writeup and was like ??? why is this above Bloom :oh: Yeah it is pretty overlong and Supplies is easily my least favorite, she's ugly for the most part. I'm not gonna complain about how Troye is this low because I'd be a broken record at this point :keir: Oh okay at the This This shoutout :clap3: That one is really underrated, for sure the superior bonus track. My My My! is the explosive moment :gaycat3: It was just positioned too early on the tracklist.

I didn't think JT's album was that bad but maybe it's just cause my expectations were low, lol. Bloom is a great choice though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.