Was “Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz” ahead of it’s Time?

50 posts in this topic

I feel like the mtv performance turned people off, including me. Now i’m listening to this album for the first time and she was such in a weird/beautiful creative space and was using writing+music as a form of healing. I feel like this album may be so under appreciated. 

Just because something was trash doesn’t mean it’s ahead of its time.

BANGERZ on the other hand :alexz:

Half of the album is really good. Karen Dont Be Sad, Bb Talk, Space Bootz, Bang Me Box, 1 Sun are all Masterpieces.

BB Talk is amazing. I've been listening to it a lot lately. You are correct in saying the album would've been received better without her antics. In fact, the glitter video managed to actually repulse a lot of people and turned them off from listening to the album.

2 minutes ago, TheSugarVenom said:

one of the best rap albums ever! a hip hop CLASSIC :clap3:

3 minutes ago, TheSugarVenom said:

don’t get me wrong sis, bangerz is a CLASSIC. but dead petz is beautiful. she was really releasing all her trauma in that album. it beautiful! :dancehall:

it's underrated by the general pop base and neo-psych purists but it's not ahead of its time, basically just synthesising ideas from what the flaming lips have done in the past but with dumb lyrics and no real point. i like it though and think it's a fun listen

Definitely, it's so good I'm glad they uploaded it to Spotify eventually. 1 Sun :jonny5: Cyrus Skies :jonny5: Slab Of Butter :jonny5: Twinkle Song :jonny: 

Dead Petz is amazing but most of the songs are underproduced and sound like demos (well it's a free mixtape so i don't blame her). The tracklist is also too long and there are many filter tracks.

If she actually mastered it and released as a full album with a better visual, it will receive critical acclaim :alexz: