Billboard Charts (March 12-18, 2017)

iHype.

CSTF! really has amazing longevity. This week it fell only to #24 while newer songs like Starboy, Black Beatles, Heathens etc. are already below it.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• mike3009

• Mr. Adele

21 minutes ago, Koreku said:

I've never listened to more than 30 seconds of Rockabye :deadbanana3: I've never heard it in the car either. I guess it's time to give it a listen. 

Is perfect for driving 

There is something called common logic and it's not happening since BB gives too much power to streaming.

Migos' song is #2 on the streaming chart with 42.7 million streams and That's what I like is at #7 with 19.4 million streams, at the same time That's what I like has a much bigger lead in the radio plays and digital sales. You all might go and say that's not how things work, but BB chart should reflect the song's popularity in all the formats. 

Edited by IVY

5 minutes ago, IVY said:

There is something called common logic and it's not happening since BB gives too much power to streaming.

Migos' song is #2 on the streaming chart with 42.7 million streams and That's what I like is at #7 with 19.4 million streams, at the same time That's what I like has a much bigger lead in the radio plays and digital sales. You all might go and say that's not how things work, but BB chart should reflect the song's popularity in all the formats. 

"Much bigger lead"?

23 million streams is a crazy amount. Really wasn't close this week and they already have lowered streaming couple months ago...

7 minutes ago, IVY said:

Common logic says that people who chose to listen to a song > people who are forced to listen via the radio or are fans buying their faves record but are not actually using it. 

10 minutes ago, IVY said:

23 million streams is an insane lead. Two years ago that was how many streams UF had total for a week at its peak. Comparatively, TWIL leads B&B by 57k sales, which is less than 25% of the #1 digital song two years ago, and 30M AI, which is also just 16% of the #1 radio song two years ago. Streaming is simply much bigger as a consumption source compared to radio or sales.

45 minutes ago, mike3009 said:

I expected Heathens to fall out because of the Ed Sheeran songs but it only fell down one spot to #44. If it can hang on for 2-3 more weeks it will make decade-end charts.

Wow at the Oscar-winning Suicide Squad power :clap3:

9 minutes ago, Adonis said:

Common logic says that people who chose to listen to a song > people who are forced to listen via the radio or are fans buying their faves record but are not actually using it. 

Same thing about Streams Playlist 

51 minutes ago, Adonis said:

That's what I like is doing great in the three formats, radio, digital sales and streaming and the artists' fans aren't the only ones buying their faves' songs on iTunes. :rip:  

Migos's song is there because of viral memes, it will be forgotten soon. It happened before with Black Beatles and then it quickly faded and fell off the charts but at least people were buying the song.

US Spotify streams week 9/3/2017

3. That's What I Like by Bruno Mars 8,289,816

4. Bad and Boujee (feat. Lil Uzi Vert) by Migos 7,523,567

So most of its streaming points comes from all the viral videos where people are playing like 20 seconds of the song and these are being counted into its streams. 

Edited by IVY

QueenofCopyPaste
1 hour ago, AlBeRtX said:

Is perfect for driving 

Callout scores disagree :-*

21 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

1 Shape Of You 647 (=)

2 Bad And Boujee 345 (=)

3 That's What I Like 331 (=)
4 I Don't Wanna Live Forever 331 (=)

5 I Feel It Coming 264 (+7)

6 Love On The Brain        248 (-1)  

7 Tunnel Vision        245  (-1)

8 Bounce Back        224  (=)

9 Something Just Like This        224  (+2)

10 Paris        220  (-3)

11 Rockabye        214 (-2)  

12 iSpy        214  

13 Closer        194 (-3)  

14 It Ain't Me        190 (+4) 

15 Cold        188  

16 Chained To The Rhythm        187  (-3)

17 No Frauds        180  (debut)

18 Body Like A Back Road        179  

19 Mask Off        179  (+13)

35 Million Reasons 132 (-6)

39 Green Light 122 (-20)

75 Regret In Your Tears 71 (debut)

76 Changed It 71 (debut)

And Everyday by Ariana Grande?

22 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

17 No Frauds        180  (debut)

Music News twitter is on SHOOOCK

Mess. People do you actually know HOW MUCH 43 million weekly streams are?

It is no surprise the song is #2.

Edited by mike3009

2 hours ago, AlBeRtX said:

Same thing about Streams Playlist 

I made my playlist myself. I can skip songs on a playlist as many times as I want. Cant do those things with radio.

Edited by Adonis

2 hours ago, IVY said:

That's what I like is doing great in the three formats, radio, digital sales and streaming and the artists' fans aren't the only ones buying their faves' songs on iTunes. :rip:  

Migos's song is there because of viral memes, it will be forgotten soon. It happened before with Black Beatles and then it quickly faded and fell off the charts but at least people were buying the song.

So most of its streaming points comes from all the viral videos where people are playing like 20 seconds of the song and these are being counted into its streams. 

A song goes viral and now everyone knows it. Yeah if its still viral its likely more popular. Sorry. 

16 minutes ago, jermgazitsang said:

can Bruno hit number one?

Possible

17 minutes ago, Adonis said:

I made my playlist myself. I can skip songs on a playlist as many times as I want. Cant do those things with radio.

you can change radio station and give no Aud

1 hour ago, GuusLima said:

And Everyday by Ariana Grande?

Will probably get a new peak. Around #55 or something

1 minute ago, AlBeRtX said:

Audience tracking isn't that accurate. If you change the station for 1 song and then go back that does nothing. 

If you change the station and never listen to it again it's audience estimates get adjusted down in the long run (if others do that too)

2 hours ago, IVY said:

Well you have to realize that a lot of B&B's on-demand streams are coming from Apple Music, not Spotify. When the song was #1 on On-Demand Songs, it was doing around 21M ODS per week, with around 10M coming from Spotify.

So you've got around half the song's streaming from ODS, as well as some views of the official video. So in reality I would argue a minority of its streams are from viral videos.

I think Black Beatles had the greatest cultural impact of any song in 2016 bar Closer. Both it and B&B will be way more remembered than a #1 like Cheap Thrills or Can't Feel My Face or Cheerleader imo.

8 months in Top 10? Oh yeah, what classics do :worship2:

37 minutes ago, AlBeRtX said:

Ummmm radio audience numbers are inflated. There is no 100million anything listening to a single track on the radio in the US. 

People remember Bad and Boujee but I bet you they cant name the current Bruno Mars record thats Top 5. Viral Videos >> Radio in terms of week to week popularity. However long term you need radio to last in many peoples minds.

Edited by Adonis

3 minutes ago, Adonis said:

Ummmm audience numbers are inflated. There is no 100million anything listening to a single track on the radio in the US. 

It's listeners don't have to be unique. If you hear Shape of You 20 times a week on the radio (which is very possible given its spins) you count for 20 of its audiences. If every unique listener heard SOY 20 times a week you'd only need 11 million people in the country to make up its 220M audience.

Edited by bjnono001