Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• kipperskipper

I think it's pretty clear there is already an alliance in this tribe considering they eliminated one of the better scoring players of their tribe on the first round of the game. 

Not that I really care at the moment, but alliances have to be smart about their voting tactics and this was too obvious of one.

34 minutes ago, Bawdee said:

**** you all x

:gaycat2: ooo raunchy

4 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

I think it's pretty clear there is already an alliance in this tribe considering they eliminated one of the better scoring players of their tribe on the first round of the game. 

Not that I really care at the moment, but alliances have to be smart about their voting tactics and this was too obvious of one.

She literally hasn't posted in the tribe chat once :toofunny3:

Just now, Buddy! said:

She literally hasn't posted in the tribe chat once :toofunny3:

welp

it's clearly someone should focus on their tribe instead

7R5yIYN.jpg

R2 PLEASE :) 

d825F9G.png

Castaways, welcome to Round 2 of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8)! Bawdee was the first person voted out of this game from Lolobau. Two tribes will be heading to tribal council where they will be the second and third people out of this game. As usual, the highest individual scorer on each tribe will also have immunity. Let's get going!

The theme for Round 2 is...

I Wanna Go Back

Like JTT on MTV

This round’s theme is all about nostalgia. We are looking for songs where the artist is looking back on a specific time in the past and longing to experience that era again in their lives. Also acceptable are songs where the artist is speaking about someone else who wants to go back to another time. The key element here is the longing to return to that period. The sentiment is that the time in the past is better and more desirable than the present. A stronger entry will be one that has specific references to a unique phase of one’s life: a certain year, a grade in school, a strong memory. Pop culture references to create a vivid image of the period will be very helpful. General songs reflecting on the past, such as a vague look at a former relationship or a song about how great childhood is, will not score well without substantial descriptive support. We want to know why this time was so great.

What To Do:
Once your song is selected, PM the hosts the artist and title of your song in your current submissions thread. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, we encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

Take Into Consideration:
The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):
9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.
8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.
7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.
6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.
5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.
3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.
1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

We will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously no one can select this song as their entry.

For our example, we are throwing it back 19 years to “1999”, when some of you weren’t even alive yet lol. Charli XCX and Troye Sivan hopped on a time machine and brought back a million pop culture references from the late 90s. Throughout the song, they emphasize how much they want to go back to experience this time again. It’s extremely apparent how much they enjoyed that period. The nostalgia permeates every second of the song, with hints of romance, happiness, and longing throughout.

The TWO tribes with the highest average scores will be safe this round, meaning that the bottom two losing tribes will attend tribal council. Remember that the highest scoring member of the losing tribe will be immune at tribal council.

Your song submissions are due in <24 hours (5 PM ET) on Friday, October 19th.

Good luck and please let the hosts know if you have any questions!

I wonder who got the Charli song

edit; oh wait, y'all used it for the example sing. a kii

16 minutes ago, rl231 said:

such as a vague look at a former relationship or a song about how great childhood is, will not score well without substantial descriptive support. We want to know why this time was so great.

ughhhhhhhhhhhh i cant odd

This challenge seems easier, and glad the grading rubric is laid out this time. Hopefully the judges actually understand what they’re grading on this time.

2 minutes ago, kiiwii said:

two tribes are going to lose? :biblio:

yes you're going home 

anyway this round is gonna be so fun to judge i love longing for my childhood bc i'm miserable now :heart2: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.