H100: Girls Like You 2x #1, Lucid Dreams #2, Better Now #3

Renan90

56 minutes ago, Sweetener said:

Being a songwriter on a song does not equate to being a featured or lead artist. If you’re not credited you are not officially a performer on it. I’m pretty sure people would have a problem if I counted Sledgehammer as Meghan Trainor’s eighth top 40 hit when its clearly just a Fifth Harmony song which she has writing credits on. 

Drake actually performs on the track though. Travis just was being kinda selfish and doesn't give featured credits to any of the acts that featured on his current record.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• iHype.

• Unknown User

• Enoch

3 hours ago, Sweetener said:

Being a songwriter on a song does not equate to being a featured or lead artist. If you’re not credited you are not officially a performer on it. I’m pretty sure people would have a problem if I counted Sledgehammer as Meghan Trainor’s eighth top 40 hit when its clearly just a Fifth Harmony song which she has writing credits on. 

He performs... twice! on the song though. 

It's funny how people are arguing against the credit when Drake gets dragged to hell and back for not crediting a SAMPLE as a feature. Rule's always different for him I guess.

Drake is not credited as an artist for Sicko Mode.on Billboard

The same way Kesha is not credited for Right Round

The same way Aloe Blac is not credited for Wake me up and JT is not credited for Where's is the Love?

So it won't count for his chart stats as a performing artist. Period  :cm: 

10 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

And I particularly love where the same comment about Drake dropping out of the top ten has been mentioned a few times in the B.B. bread on another forum ihype frequents and not A bloody thing has been said by her there on thst issue. And that’s a pretty standard pattern. They get a pass, we don’t,

maybe they were obligated to push it as a single. in order to get the MJ feature

that's what Drake is getting for not crediting City Girls

sorrygirl.0.gif

Unknown User
2 hours ago, Green said:

Drake is not credit as an artist for Sicko Mode.on Billboard

The same way Ale Blac is not credited for Wake me up and JT is not credited for Where's is the Love?

This

5PUyGZJ.gif

4 hours ago, Green said:

The same way Ale Blac is not credited for Wake me up and JT is not credited for Where's is the Love?

And nobody mentioned chart stats but ChartsFan for argumentative purposes. DRAKE will remain in the Hot 100 T10 was the original point and that’s a fact. :cm: 

Unknown User
6 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

And nobody mentioned chart stats but ChartsFan for argumentative purposes. DRAKE will remain in the Hot 100 T10 was the original point and that’s a fact. :cm: 

The original point was about Drake's top 10 streak and the answer is no. Sicko Mode will not save his top 10 streak since he is not credited as a performer

18 hours ago, Mediabase said:

DRAKEless Top10 soon. YAS.

18 hours ago, iHype. said:

That's nice.

-

Drake has vocals on the song, thus the top 10 still will continue to have Drake in it. It's not a hard concept to understand.

4 minutes ago, Sweetener said:

The original point was about Drake's top 10 streak and the answer is no. Sicko Mode will not save his top 10 streak since he is not credited as a performer

Nah these were the first posts about it. Technically, it’s not a Drakeless T10 if he has a writing credit and performs two separate songs within Sicko Mode itself. Now, we can play dumb like the people who say Nicki deserves no credit for FEFE because she’s a “feature”. Or we can accept this fact.

I would bet Billboard makes note of Drake’s inclusion on SICKOMODE after IMF falls out and ends his streak. No one would be fighting about that because that’s obvious af. 

6 minutes ago, Sweetener said:

The original point was about Drake's top 10 streak and the answer is no. 

No it was not... :rip:

As @Rico Shameless v2 said, ChartsFan randomly made the discussion about that.

You need to read. The discussion was about the top 10 being Drakeless, and with SICKOMODE he still exists in the top 10 as a songwriter & he is factually apart of the song as a vocalist even if uncredited. 

5 hours ago, Green said:

:clap3:

Unknown User

If you're not credited, it does not count toward your chart history. End of story

15 minutes ago, Sweetener said:

If you're not credited, it does not count toward your chart history. End of story

It does, please stop lying. You definitely aren't a source. :rip:

per Billboard:

Little Big Town's "Better Man" ascends to the top 10 of Billboard's Country Airplaychart (dated Jan. 21), rising 11-10 and  increasing by 11 percent to 27.2 million in audience in the week ending Jan. 8, according to Nielsen Music. The advance marks both an achievement for the band and the song's writer, Taylor Swift.

Swift earns her milestone 20th Country Airplay top 10 as a writer, and first in more than three years, since her self-written "Red," which peaked at No. 7 in December 2013.

("Emotionless," new on the Hot 100 at No. 8, samples a remix of Mariah Carey's three-week 1991 No. 1 "Emotions," although she is not credited as an artist on "Emotionless." As a co-writer of "Emotionless," via its sample, Carey earns her 25th Hot 100 top 10 as a songwriter.)

If you can't understand then you need to email Billboard and complain/ask them for further help.

Unknown User
2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Swift earns her milestone 20th Country Airplay top 10 as a writer

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Carey earns her 25th Hot 100 top 10 as a songwriter

We're not talking about Drake's streak as a songwriter, we are talking about his top 10 streak as a recording artist which will be coming to an end since Sicko Mode does not credit him as a recording artist. Do you really not grasp the difference or? :rip: 

7 minutes ago, Sweetener said:

We're not talking about Drake's streak as a songwriter, we are talking about his top 10 streak as a recording artist which will be coming to an end since Sicko Mode does not credit him as a recording artist. Do you really not grasp the difference or? :rip: 

We aren’t. Sorry boo. 

I said Drake exists in the top 10 still as he is a credited songwriter. Therefore the top 10 does have Drake in it in some form. 

And he is also a vocalist on a song in the top 10, meaning the top 10 has a song with him, just uncredited as a vocalist. 

Never said he was a credited vocalist in SICKOMODE. For some reason you just made that up. 

Any other questions? 

We should all just wait for Billboard to say their piece

Unknown User

This is how the Billboard article will go

This is the first time that Drake does not appear as the lead artist in the Hot 100's top 10 in XYZ weeks

They're gonna totally dodge the fact that he's not credited as a feature either. But we still know :mandown: 

Are we pretending sicko mode aint a hit because of drake?

18 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

B.B. can and will say so. They will cancel his almost forty week streak in the top ten.

its just s typical Stan trying to mske their fav look better, in a month or two when some other artist does the same thing and it’s not Drake it won’t count and I hype will quote charts that they aren’t credited on.  Been there done thst already,

Dude, you sound so angry. It's not that serious. Someone said the top 10 will be Drake less, (probably you, too lazy to check). Ihype was simply pointing out that you're wrong. It won't be drake-less, writing credits count to some degree and also vocals. It won't count for his top 10 streak but the the top 10 won't be "Drake less". I feel like you just argue out of boredome or something.

1 hour ago, Sweetener said:

You guys are the ones twisting things. The only thing the original post said was that the top 10 will be Drake less. Sadly, it won't be. 

Unknown User
Just now, NEZ said:

You guys are the ones twisting things. The only thing the original post said was that the top 10 will be Drake less. Sadly, it won't be. 

The only point I've emphasized in my posts is that Drake's top 10 streak as a recording artist will come to an end despite Sicko Mode's presence in the top 10. You can say it won't be a "Drake-less top 10" if you want but thats really just switching the narrative. :michael: 

Is it true Wayne is expected to debut #1 next week?

I don't even like Drake I'm just saying it won't be "Drake less" but yeah we get it he won't be credited, no one's really arguing that. Since he's a songwriter on whatever song it is, don't know or care, then yeah that kind of does count to some degree. 

i love that solo Travis Scott song called Sicko Mode