Jump to content

Tori Amos I Christmastide Dec. 4th!


MattyTacos

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

The moment I saw the video for Sleeps With Butterflies I knew she lost it. She was gone. And when she declared herself a milf just two years later, good god, her menopause was ruthless to her. 

What's wrong with the video? :skull: I've never seen it but mess at milf. Serve us an angsty milf L.E. 2.0 album.

 

2 minutes ago, Penny. said:

teenage slut

secret spell

almost rosey

devils & gods

 

make ADP her best album of the 2000s

ddd I don't even remember those tracks. Digital Ghost, Programmable Soda, & Roosterspur Bridge >

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Wyvern

    183

  • Bloodflowers.

    77

  • MattyTacos

    67

  • Penny.

    44

3 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

1000 Oceans was the first appereance of Fori (Fake Tori, like her fans started calling her after The Beekeper and started wondering when the first signs of Fori appeared.) 1000 Oceans was the first truly awful song she recorded. Celine Dion could have sang it :rip:

 

:ahh:

1000 oceans is beautiful

Link to post
Share on other sites

2009aats02.jpg

 

Woo one of her best 2000s photoshoots after SW.

 

Maybe California, Fire To Your Plain, Strong Black Vine, Welcome To England, Mary Jane, 500 Miles, & Give >>>

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

1000 Oceans was the first appereance of Fori (Fake Tori, like her fans started calling her after The Beekeper and started wondering when the first signs of Fori appeared.) 1000 Oceans was the first truly awful song she recorded. Celine Dion could have sang it :rip:

 

LEAVE FORI ALONE

 

3821931340_0e05aba787.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

What's wrong with the video? :skull: I've never seen it but mess at milf. Serve us an angsty milf L.E. 2.0 album.

 

ddd I don't even remember those tracks. Digital Ghost, Programmable Soda, & Roosterspur Bridge >

Oh boy, here is the "Fori" extravangza in full force

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 1000 Oceans as beautiful.

And Datura and Concertina remains as two of her best songs. Dont @ me.

I think the main problem with Venus is the obvious rush in the make of it. It's a great álbum, but something about it's production seems off.

Edited by ThoMF
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ThoMF said:

Thanks! :heart2:

Wow, I'm happy this thread is really happening. I don't know anyone outside here who knows Tori (Or they just know her as the "Cornflake Girl" :rip:)

Now I can rant about her stupid artistic decisions and inconsistency, while loving her. Yes, I'm talking about all she did after Scarlet's Walk.

So, how did you find about her?

I remember listening to other artist in Spotify and Youtube, and keep getting this red-haired girl sitting in a piano as a recommendation.

"Silent All These Years" was my first song. I felt in love with it; it was different, and weird. And since, I can't stop listening to her music.

She was recommended to me on last.fm. :jonny2:

Blessing All These Ears is so gorgeous and timeless, like all of Little Masterpieces. :jonny:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Oh boy, here is the "Fori" extravangza in full force

 

 

I don't know, I find Sleep With Butterflies a genuinely good song but Big Wheel is an entertaining mess, it does seem like someone trying to copy her style but watering it down so much, also that BRIDGE :bibliahh:let me put Big Wheel on repeat for a minute

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

I don't know, I find Sleep With Butterflies a genuinely good song but Big Wheel is an entertaining mess, it does seem like someone trying to copy her style but watering it down so much, also that BRIDGE :bibliahh:let me put Big Wheel on repeat for a minute

the freaking countdown and then the I-I-I-I AM A M-I-L-F DON'T U 4GET :rip:

sleeps with butterflies to me sounds like a song you'd hear in a commercial for sanitary pads or in a mall, but not from Tori, imo of course.

 

 

 

Edited by ontherocks
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tasty said:

She was recommended to me on last.fm. :jonny2:

Blessing All These Ears is so gorgeous and timeless, like all of Little Masterpieces. :jonny:

Of course, Little Earthquakes holds a special place in my heart :heart2:

How can anybody hate (or deliver) a DEBUT album with the quality of Little Earthquakes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

the freaking countdown and then the I-I-I-I AM A M-I-L-F DON'T U 4GET :rip:

sleeps with butterflies to me sounds like a song you'd hear in a commercial for sanitary pads or in a mall, but not from Tori, imo of course.

 

 

 

ddd, I think Beekeeper in general is that casual mom album in the 00s. Either the most genius thing she's ever done or the most insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

My favorite from BFP, she ended men with this beautiful hymn. :jonny:

 

5 minutes ago, ThoMF said:

Of course, Little Earthquakes holds a special place in my heart :heart2:

How can anybody hate (or deliver) a DEBUT album with the quality of Little Earthquakes?

A prodigy. :jonny2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tasty said:

 

My favorite from BFP, she ended men with this beautiful hymn. :jonny:

I was just listening! Woo, a relatable bop. I think I underrate this one because it's between Beauty Queen / Horses & Father Lucifer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

I was just listening! Woo, a relatable bop. I think I underrate this one because it's between Beauty Queen / Horses & Father Lucifer. 

The 1-2-3-4-5 punch. :jonny:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tasty said:

The 1-2-3-4-5 punch. :jonny:

Give me peace, love, and a HAAAAAARD....c*cKKKkkkuh

 

iconic :jonny: 

 

Mr. Zebra is a cute intermission before Marianne-Caught A Lite Sneeze-Muhammad My Friend-Hey Jupiter-Way Down PUNCH. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is just me or the "Rookery ending" of Springtime of his voodoo would've work better as a outro for the song? I feel like it would've been the perfect lead to Putting the Damage On.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

2009aats02.jpg

 

Woo one of her best 2000s photoshoots after SW.

 

Maybe California, Fire To Your Plain, Strong Black Vine, Welcome To England, Mary Jane, 500 Miles, & Give >>>

i love that photoshoot

 

& Flavor >>>

 

43 minutes ago, ThoMF said:

+1 1000 Oceans as beautiful.

And Datura and Concertina remains as two of her best songs. Dont @ me.

I think the main problem with Venus is the obvious rush in the make of it. It's a great álbum, but something about it's production seems off.

your taste :date:

 

37 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

I don't know, I find Sleep With Butterflies a genuinely good song but Big Wheel is an entertaining mess, it does seem like someone trying to copy her style but watering it down so much, also that BRIDGE :bibliahh:let me put Big Wheel on repeat for a minute

i kinda love BW tbh

i know its not up to tori standards bt it is a BOP

 

19 minutes ago, Tasty said:

 

My favorite from BFP, she ended men with this beautiful hymn. :jonny:

 

A prodigy. :jonny2:

BFP is that album & BR is by far one of the greatest masterpieces from it

 

5 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

Give me peace, love, and a HAAAAAARD....c*cKKKkkkuh

 

iconic :jonny: 

 

Mr. Zebra is a cute intermission before Marianne-Caught A Lite Sneeze-Muhammad My Friend-Hey Jupiter-Way Down PUNCH. 

i love the BFP interludes

Agent Orange slays as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Penny. said:

i love that photoshoot

 

& Flavor >>>

 

your taste :date:

 

i kinda love BW tbh

i know its not up to tori standards bt it is a BOP

 

BFP is that album & BR is by far one of the greatest masterpieces from it

 

i love the BFP interludes

Agent Orange slays as well

I don't remember Flavor :deadbanana:

 

Big Wheel is honestly a bop but the bridge's lyrics I- :bibliahh:

 

Imagine if after BFP she did an extra album that turned the weird interludes on BFP into full songs. BFP 2.0 10x weirder than the first with the same live aspect :jonny: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Penny. said:

im not gonna say this is her best song

but it kinda is

It gets overshadowed between Doughnut Song & Putting The Damage On. I'll wait till I relisten for my thoughts tho

 

2OTQ9ml.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Jupiter

Nothing's been the same

So are you gay, are you blue?

Thought we both could use a friend to run to

 

:weeps: 

 

The way this sucked the soul out of me back in high school and semi-cured my attachment issues

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

I don't remember Flavor :deadbanana:

 

Big Wheel is honestly a bop but the bridge's lyrics I- :bibliahh:

 

Imagine if after BFP she did an extra album that turned the weird interludes on BFP into full songs. BFP 2.0 10x weirder than the first with the same live aspect :jonny: 

it kinda slays

 

BW has the worst lyrics of her career but we bop so we do not care :katie2:

 

an idea :jonny:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

It gets overshadowed between Doughnut Song & Putting The Damage On. I'll wait till I relisten for my thoughts tho

 

2OTQ9ml.gif

oh dear you need to put it on repeat immediately

 

9 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

Hey Jupiter

Nothing's been the same

So are you gay, are you blue?

Thought we both could use a friend to run to

 

:weeps: 

 

The way this sucked the soul out of me back in high school and semi-cured my attachment issues

this version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

gives me chills :jonny2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Penny. said:

oh dear you need to put it on repeat immediately

 

this version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

gives me chills :jonny2:

I'm on Doughnut Song so it's coming :'(

 

I guess if I'm hanging onto your shade

I guess I'm way beyond the pale. One of her best lyrics :jonny5:

 

I LOVE the dakota version, it makes me feel like a bad bitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...