Tori Amos I Christmastide Dec. 4th!

MattyTacos

26 minutes ago, ThoMF said:

:deadbanana4:

Serving messy promo like

https://www.toriamosdiscography.info/gallery/data/images/item000373_1440287452.jpg

Both are trash, so... :cm:

I just remembered this was official merch 

Najlr4g.jpg

2vRizhJ.jpg

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wyvern

• Bloodflowers.

• MattyTacos

• Penny.

HonourableVomit

not literally printed ***

Tori sis

7OxRuzS.gif 

HonourableVomit

I like Unrepentant Geraldines but it's definitely lower tier in the rankings and the production is... pretty ****. The vocals are mixed really poorly and some of the lyrics are completely clunky but some of it is really good. 

Also why does Oysters' piano line copy Madonna's Let It Will Be note for note. :rip:  

I like Trouble's Lament. :emofish:

HonourableVomit

From The Choirgirl Hotel

Scarlet's Walk

Boys For Pele

Under The Pink

Little Earthquakes

Native Invader

To Venus And Back

Abnormally Attracted To Sin

The Beekeeper

Unrepentant Geraldines

American Doll Posse

Night of Hunters 

Strangled Little Girls

Midwinter Disgraces

Mold Rust

:coffee2:

18 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

not literally printed ***

Tori sis

7OxRuzS.gif 

I know, right? Should have been real ***

7OxRuzS.gif 

From The Choirgirl Hotel*

Boys for Pele

To Venus and Back*

Native Invader*

Scarlet's Walk

Under the Pink*

Little Earthquakes

Abnormally Attracted to Sin

The Beekeeper

American Doll Posse

Unrepentant Geraldines

Midwinter Graces

Strange Little Girls

Gold Dust

*no skip albums

I haven't listened to NoH much and this is studio only (so husband's p*rn guitars dragged some albums down), live is another story. Pele would top the live ranking for one.

also Scarlet's Hidden Treasures > Christmastide

HonourableVomit

n our tastes really are pretty similar except TVAB 

I like the album but I like the idea of it more than I do the actual songs. I think she could've gone harder. Riot Proof & Datura seem to be the ones that really push the soundscape where they need to go, at some other points like on Bliss it's as if the industrial electronic influence is working against the song rather than with it. Concertina is my favourite song on there though. 

I get where you're coming from. The 1999 live versions are the true forms of TVAB songs in my book, especially since she held back her vocals on the album SO much. With time though I've managed to appreciate the studio forms and the album as a whole is a pretty nice trip. I resent her for omitting the gorgeous piano line from Got80's that she does during live performances though. 

Bliss at its core is a rock song for sure but I like the electronic elements as an ornament (she also added electronic sounds to some old songs during the tour, which was also really fun). She definitely fully exploited the electronica on Juarez and those two songs you've mentioned.

Spring Haze is my favorite because of its "on a great voyage" vibes, but the second movement of Datura is one of the best things she's ever made.

HonourableVomit

I LOVE Spring Haze but it feels like it belongs to a different album. :jonny:  and yeah Datura as a whole is just incredible musicianship, I am always surprised by it. 

I know it's beating a dead horse by now but I'm so pressed the 2015/2016 reissues didn't continue. Having Choirgirl and Venus expanded editions would be a literal wet dream, plus the vinyl for Choirgirl sells for ridiculous amounts. 

Hopefully someone in her team gets inspired by PJ's reissue campaign this year and follows the blueprint because a Tori b-sides / demos / vinyl pressing campaign would be a quality gold mine.

There's a lot of dead horses to beat when it comes to her, so don't worry about flogging them even further. :deadbanana:

You can have your vinyls while I have my 1999 official tour recordings :cries2:

Agreed with the b-sides and we are honestly very lucky Tori is so lax when it comes to her stuff being available (except for taking down the visualettes).

Anyway, here's the best Black Dove. This song is so inconsistent live (she usually flubs the vocals, sometimes the piano).

Second best is Chicago Radio Special 1998 (also worth listening to because the band goes harder there)

Enigma Popstar

Yeah I’m eternally mad that we’ll never have Purple People’s studio version on streaming. The only way she can atone for this is by putting Scarlet’s Hidden Treasures on streaming for Scarlet’s Walk’s 20th anniversary :giraffe:

16 hours ago, Enigma Popstar said:

Yeah I’m eternally mad that we’ll never have Purple People’s studio version on streaming. The only way she can atone for this is by putting Scarlet’s Hidden Treasures on streaming for Scarlet’s Walk’s 20th anniversary :giraffe:

On 1/11/2021 at 5:29 AM, HonourableVomit said:

I LOVE Spring Haze but it feels like it belongs to a different album. :jonny:  and yeah Datura as a whole is just incredible musicianship, I am always surprised by it. 

I know it's beating a dead horse by now but I'm so pressed the 2015/2016 reissues didn't continue. Having Choirgirl and Venus expanded editions would be a literal wet dream, plus the vinyl for Choirgirl sells for ridiculous amounts. 

Hopefully someone in her team gets inspired by PJ's reissue campaign this year and follows the blueprint because a Tori b-sides / demos / vinyl pressing campaign would be a quality gold mine.

This.

Girl better re-release those missing ones or f*ggots will start demanding a new album instead.

7OxRuzS.gif 

17 hours ago, Wyvern said:

except for taking down the visualettes

What? Those videos where she walks all over England like a stoned emotionless statue? :deadbanana:

HonourableVomit
19 minutes ago, ThoMF said:

This.

Girl better re-release those missing ones or f*ggots will start demanding a new album instead.

7OxRuzS.gif 

We want both

7OxRuzS.gif 

1 hour ago, ThoMF said:

7OxRuzS.gif 

What? Those videos where she walks all over England like a stoned emotionless statue? :deadbanana:

Yes, she took them down and I'm still raging. Imagine the gifs.

7OxRuzS.gif

HonourableVomit

I awoke in a sweat last night thinking about how Oscar's Theme was better than most of Abnormally and it was a "bonus" track. 

7OxRuzS.gif    

Is she working on a new album? I imagine she's holding off release until she can tour

4 hours ago, Edibles. said:

Is she working on a new album? I imagine she's holding off release until she can tour

Yes and yes.  Paragraph 4 onwards

yoJuGvN.jpg

+ she has mentioned hoping to tour the new album in at least one recent interview

7 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

I awoke in a sweat last night thinking about how Oscar's Theme was better than most of Abnormally and it was a "bonus" track. 

7OxRuzS.gif    

Drive All Night and ADP teas.

7OxRuzS.gif

HonourableVomit

Hope the pandemic doesn't give her an excuse to just use backing tracks on tour again.

7OxRuzS.gif

However I'm always here for solo Tori + Pianos 

She did that, fellow lesbians.

7OxRuzS.gif

On 1/12/2021 at 8:47 PM, HonourableVomit said:

We want both

7OxRuzS.gif 

True dat.

We won't get any, sadly.

HonourableVomit

HonourableVomit

Raspberry Swirl is a classic wbk. Maybe you've seen her Glastonbury performance in 1998 when she mixed it with the hit remix of Professional Widow. Tori Amos, club queen. No wonder she has so many gay fans when she herself is the epitome of versatility. 

7OxRuzS.gif 

Live Raspberry Swirl...

x3bnSLE.gif

if only most of her 'club' remixes of other songs weren't complete ass

HonourableVomit

She cited Me And A Gun so she has taste. :clap3: