• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThirdWardBey

• sadnews

• trainsskyscrapers

• Mystic Boy

BEYONCE because it wasn't a Tidal exclusive.

CQA3RLW.png

BEYONCÉ cemented ha legend status. Lemonade just further cemented that.

ST has more singles known by the GP but Lemonade as a whole is a more iconic (and acclaimed) album.

5 minutes ago, yonsé said:

ST has more singles known by the GP but Lemonade as a whole is a more iconic (and acclaimed) album.

But would you say she peaked with B or is she on her peak now? 

Pretty sure Beyonce was nearly twice as successful as Lemonade (and that's including the fake Tidal streams)

It was BEYONCE.

It rised her to a whole other level honestly.

Lemonade was just the 2nd part of that and she made so many mistakes that era that it was barely half as successful. I don’t think she cares tho.

56 minutes ago, Qudron said:

But would you say she peaked with B or is she on her peak now? 

i think we're currently IN her second peak as we speak and have been since 2013.

that's when she became the diefied version of herself. her first (and most commercially speaking) peak was IASF/Single Ladies.

if her next solo album underperforms greatly we will know that the peak has run its course. but beyonce is unpredictable and is still capable of blowing people away. (see: coachella) 

id say lemon and ST balance each other out in terms of success (one more commerically and the other more critically) 

Edited by yonsé

Hm, I'd say it really depends on what metric we are using.

ST was better commercially. That's a fact.

Lemonade was better critically. That's a fact. It was also a bigger cultural moment, I think.

While ST had many think pieces and opinions on the use of Feminism, Lemonade truly made waves and that carried over to just about every of her AMAZING performances.

I don't think any pop-star ever has had such a FLAWLESS set of performances associated to an era.

I mean:

1. Formation at the Super Bowl Half-Time Show
  2. Surprise opening performance of Freedom at the BET Awards
  3. Lemonade Medley at the VMAs
  4. Surprise performance of Daddy Lessons at the CMAs
  5. 6 Inch at the Tidal x 1015 concert
  6. Love Drought at the Grammys

ALL of these performances were so amazing, like most of them NEXT LEVEL amazing except for Daddy Lessons which was standard but still next level for standard singing + band performances.

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

It was BEYONCE.

It rised her to a whole other level honestly.

Lemonade was just the 2nd part of that and she made so many mistakes that era that it was barely half as successful. I don’t think she cares tho.

By mistakes are you referring to missed opportunity?

I don't think she mistook anything for what it was. She did exactly what she wanted to do.

Preventing Formation from getting that #1 was a calculated move.

Not promoting the singles (basically ever) was clearly on purpose.

And I think the benefits from these things is the stronger appreciation and personal connection of/to something when it's not forced into your ears.

Self-titled was one of the biggest events of the decade. Lemonade doesn’t really compare tbh

Metamorphosis

BEYONCÉ because it had universal appeal. Lemonade is really for hard core Beyoncé fans tbh.

I feel like Beyonce is her DIL, and Lemonade was her Bday. 

One helped to re-establish her image, had universally known songs and won more gammy's while the other is more critically acclaimed, loved by her hardcore fans and is a better cohesive body of work. 

ST for EVERYTHING but cohesiveness/acclaim. The surprise release, the amount of potential singles, picking Boots from the crowd of newbies, the amazing visuals)

No excess fat. (I can't get through Forward and Sandcastles to this day..... ). 

Lemonade was the album that got her into the Paul McCartney / Michael Jackson Grammy discussion in terms of Grammy noms in many categories for one project. (Daddy Lessons feat. Dixie Chicks would've been perfect for the Country/American Roots categories, but we all saw what happened there.) We had Pop, General, RnB, Rock, Visual. (The only new category that ST entered also was Surround Sound, which it won) She also won a Peabody and Formation won EVERYTHING except for the general Grammy categories.  

Even though this whole comparison is a little scattered, all in all I want to say that both projects (and Everything Is Love) make me very hopeful for B7, Lion King & B8. I'm envisioning Jazz, Blues, Gospel, World Music and Women empowerment. 

5 hours ago, yonsé said:

:ahh: 

But lemonade was no1 best selling album of the year and hit more no 1s on officla charts (I think more than any of her albums). And culturally bigger than ST. I go with Lemonade.

BEYONCE is forgotten. Lemonade has a lot of references still being made so it wins easily. 

15 hours ago, TKO said:

:ahh: 

girl why you always pressed 

Beyonce for it's release alone.

Legendary :clap3:

Both are iconic ! 

BEYONCÉ was a big slap in the face ! Especially since haters really THOUGHT it was the end of her career after 4 underperformance compared to IASF.. She came back stronger than ever and KILLED it... It was an amazing event to experience.. 

LEMONADE cemented her legendary status and had immense cultural impact and :rip: at people it didnt even have half the success of BEYONCÉ.... I mean it was the best Selling album released in 2016, had a monstruous tour and incredible acclaim.....

48 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

:rip: at people it didnt even have half the success of BEYONCÉ.... I mean it was the best Selling album released in 2016, had a monstruous tour and incredible acclaim.....

BEYONCÉ still outsold

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.