Reinvention

The Last of Us Part II

Reinvention
17 hours ago, DAP said:

I have yet to ever play the first Last of Us game

YG9CsdF.gif

Reinvention
11 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

Where's Joel though? He's only referenced there.

There's a huge theory that Joel is dead. It would explain what Ellie is so angry about. In this gameplay trailer, at the start Ellie's friend mentions her "old man" which is surely Joel, however she seems happy and relaxed. So the really obvious speculation is that all is well (relatively) living in Tommy's secured town, but then this crazy cult kills Joel and that is what sets Ellie off to "find and kill every last one of them." (first trailer)

However, I don't think Naughty Dog would make it quite so obvious. Also it seems weird if the 2nd trailer, that everyone thinks features Anna, Ellie's mum, features the same cult (assumedly) killing someone in the same way they attempted to murder Ellie. Suppose traditions die hard.

1 hour ago, Liafen said:

There will be infected, yes. We'll even have new infected classes, confirmed Neil yesterday in the TLoU panel.

Oooh exciting! But i mean obviously. Clearly the longer people remain infected, the worst the infections becomes. Bloaters were the worst in TLOU, so excited to see what TLOU2 serves up.

The Unforgiving
1 minute ago, Reinvention said:

There's a huge theory that Joel is dead. It would explain what Ellie is so angry about. In this gameplay trailer, at the start Ellie's friend mentions her "old man" which is surely Joel, however she seems happy and relaxed. So the really obvious speculation is that all is well (relatively) living in Tommy's secured town, but then this crazy cult kills Joel and that is what sets Ellie off to "find and kill every last one of them." (first trailer)

However, I don't think Naughty Dog would make it quite so obvious. Also it seems weird if the 2nd trailer, that everyone thinks features Anna, Ellie's mum, features the same cult (assumedly) killing someone in the same way they attempted to murder Ellie. Suppose traditions die hard.

Yeah but I think that the whole "Ellie sees Joel's ghost" theory is false. I mean it's so overdone, even in games. If this was a Arkham Knight Joker type situation I'd be pissed tbh. I think he got really old. Maybe they haven't worked out his facial features and animations, and that's why they're not showing him in any footage. I believe that this game will focus on Ellie more as a main protagonist and Joel as a supporting character. I don't mind that tbh.

Liafen
32 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

Oooh exciting! But i mean obviously. Clearly the longer people remain infected, the worst the infections becomes. Bloaters were the worst in TLOU, so excited to see what TLOU2 serves up.

Kinda not obvious though - there was a stage after bloaters, where the infected got basically stuck to walls etc and the fungus grew on the walls and started spreading spores. So I'm interested how they will tie the new class in. Perhaps the infection developed and is now targeting animals?

Reinvention
30 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Yeah but I think that the whole "Ellie sees Joel's ghost" theory is false. I mean it's so overdone, even in games. If this was a Arkham Knight Joker type situation I'd be pissed tbh. I think he got really old. Maybe they haven't worked out his facial features and animations, and that's why they're not showing him in any footage. I believe that this game will focus on Ellie more as a main protagonist and Joel as a supporting character. I don't mind that tbh.

Yeah I don't think the story will be as obvious as it's making out.

Also it's confirmed that Ellie is the main character so like, that's that.

Reinvention
2 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Kinda not obvious though - there was a stage after bloaters, where the infected got basically stuck to walls etc and the fungus grew on the walls and started spreading spores. So I'm interested how they will tie the new class in. Perhaps the infection developed and is now targeting animals?

It surely is obvious that they weren't gonna have the exact same infected that would be duummmbbb. But yeah - I'd love to get some more info on the infection and it's origin and what-not. I highly expect this to be the grand finale for the series given how precious they were about creating a sequel in the first place. God I'm excited!!

Jealous

Any news?

HabbGaga
1 hour ago, Reinvention said:

YG9CsdF.gif

I'm hollering this was my exact reaction when I read that

HabbGaga

I know this is probably stupid because it's just a video game and a characters clothing really doesn't matter, but Ellie is wearing the exact same thing at that dance, as she is while decapitating that guy, imagine if everything went wrong at the end of that dance, and I assume the dance is before any of the violent stuff occurs because one the girl Ellie kisses said everybody should be terrified of her implying that they aren't already, and if she had done that crazy stuff, I'm pretty sure everyone would be absolutely terrified of her, also the guy Ellie talks to at the beginning of the trailer when she is at the bar and he says your old man gets all riled up when you're going out on a run or w/e, well that would imply he is being over protective of her, which may also imply that people don't know what Ellie is fully capable of, maybe Joel tried hiding her from this life as much as possible. And then once they go out on this run, all hell will break loose, I mean it would be amazing if they get attacked before the run, at the dance, but then I don't know when Joel and Ellie would interact again if he isn't exactly at this dance, but it's probably a community and a lot of people get slaughtered, maybe this is where Joel dies (if he does) maybe that kiss was even more significant then we think, I mean if you're a lesbian you'd be considered a sinner, which would mean this religious cult would be after you.

Or it could be a lot simpler and yeah everything goes crazy on a run, which could be exciting as well, as you would have more characters to interact with, while out in the world, I hope the game is long and every chapter feels unique like the original I loved how they broke it up into seasons with the first game..

But it would be exciting to see an entire community overrun. Like in The Walking Dead. It could be both an attack from zombies but I think humans are the real threat here.

Edited by HabbGaga

feuxtography
18 hours ago, Vesuvius said:

We heard the clickers' noise in one of the trailers but that's it so far.

I think it would be interesting if there was no zombies this time around (at least when you play with Ellie) and thz bad guys are just just the humans.

I wouldn't even play then.

I don't mind human enemies and the narrative being about that, but if theres no zombies then it really aint different than any other game in the genre. 

Liafen

The gameplay is nearing 5.2M views on the Playstation YT Channel, and an additional 1.5M from IGN + Gamespot. The debut numbers will be huge :jonny: 

Diesel

I desperately want to play this game :jonny: can we expect a 2018 release ? 

BubbleGomme
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I desperately want to play this game :jonny: can we expect a 2018 release ? 

I think 2019 is a safer bet, sis. :jonny:

I want to play this SO BAD. 

Singer.
On 2018-06-13 at 2:13 PM, feuxtography said:

I wouldn't even play then.

I don't mind human enemies and the narrative being about that, but if theres no zombies then it really aint different than any other game in the genre. 

You are 100% going to be fighting the infected. Neil said that there’d even be new classes of them. 

Smarticle
On 13/06/2018 at 4:48 AM, Reinvention said:

YG9CsdF.gif

Nnnn:dies:

Diesel
11 minutes ago, BubbleGomme said:

I think 2019 is a safer bet, sis. :jonny:

I want to play this SO BAD. 

That’s what I think too :jonny: But just like you I want to so bad, I feel like i’ve waited for this my whole life :jonny:

ceremonials

This looks so similar to the original :rip:

I guess it is just like a "Part 2" tho, and not necessarily a "sequel". More like an expansion.

Still perched but....I'm cautious.

tiagol88
1 hour ago, ceremonials said:

This looks so similar to the original :rip:

I guess it is just like a "Part 2" tho, and not necessarily a "sequel". More like an expansion.

Still perched but....I'm cautious.

Did we watch the same gameplay video? :eek:

In no way this looks like an expansion

ceremonials
14 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Did we watch the same gameplay video? :eek:

In no way this looks like an expansion

What's different about it? :rip:

I mean like, obviously the locations are different but what else?

tiagol88
4 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

What's different about it? :rip:

I mean like, obviously the locations are different but what else?

the gameplay is a huge step up from the first game, i mean... :eek:

Reinvention
16 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

the gameplay is a huge step up from the first game, i mean... :eek:

I’m with you on this. The mechanics and graphics are colossally stepped up. 

Diesel

Neil Druckmann confirmed that

Ellie will be the only playable character

Liafen
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Neil Druckmann confirmed that

Reveal hidden contents

Ellie will be the only playable character

Well they said this for Joel before the release of the first game and then that happened

ceremonials
1 minute ago, Liafen said:

Well they said this for Joel before the release of the first game and then that happened

This is true. They could just be trying to mislead us.

(Or maybe you weren't planned to play as Ellie from the beginning? I could see it.)

Liafen
6 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

This is true. They could just be trying to mislead us.

(Or maybe you weren't planned to play as Ellie from the beginning? I could see it.)

I believe by the time they said this they knew the player was going to but wanted to not ruin the suspense and surprise.