Reinvention

The Last of Us Part II

Diesel
23 hours ago, Ichinaru19 said:

Anyways, this game was amazing :jonny5: The way the game started to make me hate Ellie and stan for Abby... How long did you guys have in your first playthrough? I think I clocked in around 35 hours :jonny:

I finished in 29 hours and 20 minutes. I played everyday for 20 days :jonny: 

Ichinaru19
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I finished in 29 hours and 20 minutes. I played everyday for 20 days :jonny: 

Sounds like me :jonny5: Playing a little bit every day was a very nice treat :weeps:

Diesel
Just now, Ichinaru19 said:

Sounds like me :jonny5: Playing a little bit every day was a very nice treat :weeps:

I wanted to take my time because I waited this game for literal years, so I didn’t want to finish it in a few days. Playing between 1/2 hours a day is perfect for me, I’ll do the same when I’ll do my second play :jonny: 

Ichinaru19
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I wanted to take my time because I waited this game for literal years, so I didn’t want to finish it in a few days. Playing between 1/2 hours a day is perfect for me, I’ll do the same when I’ll do my second play :jonny: 

This actually makes me kinda wanna replay the first Last of Us, but then again I have Uncharted Lost Legacy and Uncharted 1 to still play, and countless other PS4 games :skull:

Diesel
12 minutes ago, Ichinaru19 said:

This actually makes me kinda wanna replay the first Last of Us, but then again I have Uncharted Lost Legacy and Uncharted 1 to still play, and countless other PS4 games :skull:

I did all 4 Uncharted before TLOU2 👀 I have to buy Lost Legacy as well ! But I just started A Plague Tale, and after that I have Horizon Zero Dawn to start :jonny: 

ks_dollar
16 hours ago, Ichinaru19 said:

That's funny, I ended up like Abbyy more then Ellie at the end. Ellie's decision at the end made things up though

Spoiler

Abby could cure cancer I’d still be indifferent towards her

Lucid Dreaming

I still haven't finished the game, but

Spoiler

I'm tired of the str*ights complaining about Joel's death every two seconds. Yes, his death was shocking. Yes, we would all rather see him alive and be on the road with Ellie again.

But plot wise, it makes sense that he was killed, regardless if we think it was deserved or not. His relationship with Ellie was complex and beautiful, and that's him basically. He's a complex character, from the POV we played, we root for him; but if we think about other characters, and the former fireflies, he's a traitor, and doomed human kind for his selfishness.

I think players just think about his relationship with Ellie and the image he has on her as a father figure rathen than seeing the full picture.

/endofrant

Legendairy
Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2020 at 1:14 PM, Diesel said:

I did all 4 Uncharted before TLOU2 👀 I have to buy Lost Legacy as well ! But I just started A Plague Tale, and after that I have Horizon Zero Dawn to start :jonny: 

Lost Legacy has an open world section, that game was ND's first attempt at doing explorable areas and it prepared me for the open world for TLOU II. I think it was intentional for TLOUII though. 

edit

a 10/10 game, I'd recommend it. Chloe and Nadine have GREAT chemistry.

Edited by Legendairy

Lucid Dreaming
3 hours ago, Legendairy said:

Lost Legacy has an open world section, that game was ND's first attempt at doing explorable areas and it prepared me for the open world for TLOU II. I think it was intentional for TLOUII though. 

edit

Uncharted 4 did also do the oper world section though, during the visit to Madagascar. Though not in a big scale like in TLG.

OT

Spoiler

I'm not sure how i'm feeling about playing the 3 Seattle days with Abby. I do get that they're trying to make the players symphatjse with her, but we already know everything that has happened...idk. I'm neutral about it, but hopefully it won't be as long as Ellie's Seattle sections were.

C6TeBy5.gif

I do, however, enjoy how much 'tough' the scars are as enemies though. When the arrow hits you it is NO joke.

Legendairy
7 minutes ago, Lucid Dreaming said:

Uncharted 4 did also do the oper world section though, during the visit to Madagascar. Though not in a big scale like in TLG.

OT

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure how i'm feeling about playing the 3 Seattle days with Abby. I do get that they're trying to make the players symphatjse with her, but we already know everything that has happened...idk. I'm neutral about it, but hopefully it won't be as long as Ellie's Seattle sections were.

C6TeBy5.gif

I do, however, enjoy how much 'tough' the scars are as enemies though. When the arrow hits you it is NO joke.

Uncharted 4’s open world was a tease, I wouldn’t say it’s that open. Lost Legacy did it for me. That Madagascar chapter was still treated as a regular chapter, you don’t do anything outside the story other than driving, with Lost Legacy in the Hoysala chapter you could do side quests(token, puzzles and snapshots) and has a legit map, you could even skip those side quests and proceed to the next chapter if you want to. 

Spoiler

I’m at Day 3 too, are you done? Cause I wanna discuss more of it. Which part are you on so that we know when to stop. I finished Abby day 3 Seattle. I didn’t forward the game last Sunday cause I’m back to work, I will resume this Saturday. I really thouht I’d be done with the game after Ellie and Abby’s fight, this game IS long, ND really weren’t joking, this is the longest game to date. 

Lucid Dreaming
Spoiler

33 minutes ago, Legendairy said:

Uncharted 4’s open world was a tease, I wouldn’t say it’s that open. Lost Legacy did it for me. That Madagascar chapter was still treated as a regular chapter, you don’t do anything outside the story other than driving, with Lost Legacy in the Hoysala chapter you could do side quests(token, puzzles and snapshots) and has a legit map, you could even skip those side quests and proceed to the next chapter if you want to. 

Hide contents

I’m at Day 3 too, are you done? Cause I wanna discuss more of it. Which part are you on so that we know when to stop. I finished Abby day 3 Seattle. I didn’t forward the game last Sunday cause I’m back to work, I will resume this Saturday. I really thouht I’d be done with the game after Ellie and Abby’s fight, this game IS long, ND really weren’t joking, this is the longest game to date. 

Spoiler

I'm finishing day 1 (in Owen and Abby's flasback). The game couldn't come in a worse time given that i'm in the middle of exams lol (even though i'm HOOKED and try to play it  twice a day).

I remember TLOU also being long (and i kinda liked the idea of the chapters being broken into seasons more than 'days' now).

I swear to god if they kill Tommy:rip:

Lucid Dreaming

So i've playing an hour or so in TLOU again and wow...the gameplay with TLOU Part II is a whole new story.

It surely is outdated, like...very outdated. It's amazing how in 7 years it has improved.

However, the sentimental and selling point however is the story. The story grabs you from the very beginning and you want to play it until the end (for the 34448th time) 

The graphics are very Uncharted 3 - definetly an improvement from the other Uncharted games but looks like a potato compared to the newer games. However, there's some charm to it aswell.

LikeaRebel
On 7/21/2020 at 11:37 PM, Legendairy said:

edit

I honestly didn’t miss Nathan Drake at all. Hopefully they make Uncharted 5 with Chloe & Nadine. :duca:

Lucid Dreaming
7 hours ago, LikeaRebel said:

I honestly didn’t miss Nathan Drake at all. Hopefully they make Uncharted 5 with Chloe & Nadine. :duca:

I would much rather see Naughty Dog try it with a new franchise. 

TLOU could have one or two DLCs at most; but i think the way Uncharted concluded was perfect. They could potentially ruin it with another game.

HausofNick
14 hours ago, Lucid Dreaming said:

So i've playing an hour or so in TLOU again and wow...the gameplay with TLOU Part II is a whole new story.

It surely is outdated, like...very outdated. It's amazing how in 7 years it has improved.

However, the sentimental and selling point however is the story. The story grabs you from the very beginning and you want to play it until the end (for the 34448th time) 

The graphics are very Uncharted 3 - definetly an improvement from the other Uncharted games but looks like a potato compared to the newer games. However, there's some charm to it aswell.

It's genuinely hard to play the first game now.

It's still an incredible achievement for its time and has one of the best narratives in gaming history (part 2 is a better story for me tho), but the game just *feels* old after playing part 2.

The multiplayer especially feels dated as hell.

8 hours ago, LikeaRebel said:

40 minutes ago, Lucid Dreaming said:

I would much rather see Naughty Dog try it with a new franchise. 

TLOU could have one or two DLCs at most; but i think the way Uncharted concluded was perfect. They could potentially ruin it with another game.

The rumor is that they want to expand on the Chloe story. I would prefer Naughty Dog to go and make a new franchise for their next game (after the supposed multiplayer expansion that's coming soon for TLOU Part II).

The director of TLOU Part II already stated that there's a part III on the table. 

We have to wait and see where they go from here I guess.

Lucid Dreaming
19 minutes ago, HausofNick said:

It's genuinely hard to play the first game now.

It's still an incredible achievement for its time and has one of the best narratives in gaming history (part 2 is a better story for me tho), but the game just *feels* old after playing part 2.

The multiplayer especially feels dated as hell.

I wouldn't say it's 'hard' (granted, i'm playing in normal haha) but the whole style of and the way it looks it certainly is unpolished.

The cutscenes are SO badly edited aswell:rip: but that's something Naughty Dog managed to excel at since Uncharted 4. It literally feels like a movie that game.

HausofNick
2 minutes ago, Lucid Dreaming said:

I wouldn't say it's 'hard' (granted, i'm playing in normal haha) but the whole style of and the way it looks it certainly is unpolished.

The cutscenes are SO badly edited aswell:rip: but that's something Naughty Dog managed to excel at since Uncharted 4. It literally feels like a movie that game.

Oh no I meant "hard" as in it's just rough to play with today's standards lmao

The game isn't bad by any means (still a 10/10 for me), just a lot rougher, but it was also Naughty Dog's most ambitious game at the time of release.

Lucid Dreaming
Just now, HausofNick said:

Oh no I meant "hard" as in it's just rough to play with today's standards lmao

The game isn't bad by any means (still a 10/10 for me), just a lot rougher, but it was also Naughty Dog's most ambitious game at the time of release.

I mean it happens with almost all 'older' games compared to today's standards.

The only one i can think that it has pretty much aged fine is Bioshock: Infinite and it's two DLCs which were released at the same year as The Last Of Us yet it aged a lot better in terms of gameplay and graphics.

Still, it's so addictive. Not looking forward to replay David's chace scene tho

HausofNick
2 minutes ago, Lucid Dreaming said:

I mean it happens with almost all 'older' games compared to today's standards.

The only one i can think that it has pretty much aged fine is Bioshock: Infinite and it's two DLCs which were released at the same year as The Last Of Us yet it aged a lot better in terms of gameplay and graphics.

Still, it's so addictive. Not looking forward to replay David's chace scene tho

Idk how far you are in the second game but there's a few instances in the later half that I found much worse than David's scene (as in horrifying/tense as ****) lmao 

Lucid Dreaming
Just now, HausofNick said:

Idk how far you are in the second game but there's a few instances in the later half that I found much worse than David's scene (as in horrifying/tense as ****) lmao 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I'm reliving Abby's second flashback with Owen, right after she's kidnapped? by the scars

And the most horrifying scene so far has been the chace scenes and the whole atmosphere with the Scars during Seattle day 3. 

Those f*ckers are SO creepy.

HausofNick
1 minute ago, Lucid Dreaming said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm reliving Abby's second flashback with Owen, right after she's kidnapped? by the scars

And the most horrifying scene so far has been the chace scenes and the whole atmosphere with the Scars during Seattle day 3. 

Those f*ckers are SO creepy.

Spoiler
Spoiler

The scars get much scarier in the second half of the game. I would say the second half has a much more brutal tone. There's more to come the more you play, but it does feel much darker as the game progresses. Even the infected areas get creepier.

Lucid Dreaming
Spoiler
Spoiler

I didn't expect Abby and Owen's sex scene to be *that* explicit, it made me kinda awkward:deadbanana4:

So far i'm enjoying SO much the game. I love how the infected seem to be much more involved in the second part of the story than the first time.

I want to play as Ellie soon though, i want my bow and arrow back!

BNF91
Spoiler

When Abby sees her dad after helping save Yara's life, I teared up. Abby's story is so much more than what many have reduced her to. This game is gonna like the MGS2 of it's time. 

Ichinaru19

So I'm currently planning to do a painting of a hybrid version of the end title screen :jonny5: I want to include ellies playing her guitar on the beach while you can see abby rowing her ass away, hopefully i can pull it off

Legendairy
12 hours ago, Lucid Dreaming said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I didn't expect Abby and Owen's sex scene to be *that* explicit, it made me kinda awkward:deadbanana4:

So far i'm enjoying SO much the game. I love how the infected seem to be much more involved in the second part of the story than the first time.

I want to play as Ellie soon though, i want my bow and arrow back!

Judging from this post date, I’m assuming you got somethig better than a bow and arrow. :gaycat4:

Spoiler

I’m shook at this part tbh, they even modeled Owen’s armpit hair, it’s crazy. They went in. 

ot

RECAP from last week, I just got home from the city. 

~

I lost it when 

Spoiler

Yara died

I really like her character how open minded she is. She was so cool

The Island

Spoiler

I had to use stealth for the Scars, they got super strong

HOLY SCHIT PTSD

Spoiler

Ellie has ptsd flashbacks, fucck that’s rough, this game can’t get ang darker

So glad 

Spoiler

Dina’s alive, DINA IS MY MAIN BITCH, I love this PUTA. I WAS NOT HAVING IT WHEN ABBY WAS ABOUT SLIT HER THROAT. JESUS SAVE THIS GIRL.

is their baby named Jesse Joel?

and Tommy too, but completely bruised as hell

Spoiler

I was having a hard time sneaking Ellie, for crying out loud you can’t blame me for chasing her head on. Abby’s got huge arms, gotta put those bad girls to use. Only to find out I do have to sneak her or use a bottle, i learned about the latter so late, I just wanna attack Ellie.

My friend says I have 3 hours left. HERE WE GO.