Reinvention

The Last of Us Part II

Edibles.

I just finished this. Wow.

CosTaSsSs
15 hours ago, Cottonmouth said:

NO SPOILERS please

Haven't looked at the comments in this thread as I'm guessing you would be posting spoilers a month after, but how was this game overall?

As someone who believes they have had the whole story spoiled, would I still be satisfied? Did anyone else who also got spoiled before playing, feel they got the perfect experience despite the circumstances?

I read the spoilers and it still was an AMAZING experience. 

MingYouToo

FINISHED THIS.

AMAZING. 

SPOILER but the joel death scene wouldve probably made more impact if it was shown 3/4ths into the game and the first half was full on just abby and her adventures.

they shouldve marketed this as a different story arc entirely tbh, makes ellie's revenge arc near the end more satisfying.

MingYouToo
On 7/14/2020 at 3:38 PM, heavyreplover said:

:clap3::alexz:Finally someone said it, I couldn't have said it better, I played TLOU on my PS4 after 3 years and yeah, after watching the whole story it seems like this. I just can't believe how ND fans are saying that 

Hide contents

Joel deserved to die:dies: as if the fireflies were angels or something:toofunny3: Marlene didn't even told the truth to Ellie when she had the chance!

Guess that all the talent from the first title (Bruce Stanley) went into the toilet with Neil's pretencious thought to picture Joel as the bad guy:rip: I will still grab it once it's discounted too, I didn't wait years for nothing:cm:

to be fair the entire tlou series was based on moral ambiguity.

argue for one side or the other but at the end of the day the characters in the story are either loved or hated but once you look closer you do realize theres a sense of greyness to each of their actions that if u asked urself 'would i have done this?' in the characters situation given their background, id say 101% yes.

11/10. they should make tlou3 another entirely different story tbh. maybe in canada, a mother daughter relationship would do wonders plot wise (similarities to joel ellie, give tlou franchise that joel sarah arc it needed just w a mom instead)

Twopac
Posted (edited)

I don't see any discussion about the horror part of the game, but it was much scarier than the first one. Guess you have to prepared for that if you play with headphones for the full immersion.

the jumpscares whenever I squeezed through narrow places :rip:

when those ex WLFs jumped me when I wanted to ugrade my weapons :rip: I had ptsd at every workbench after that

the first encounter with a stalker when it ran across the door as I looked back from the room :rip: I had to pause cause my heart was pounding in my throat

whenever those fckers detached from the walls :rip: they always caught me off guard

the whole hospital ground zero chapter :rip:

I feel completely drained

Edited by Twopac

heavyreplover
10 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

to be fair the entire tlou series was based on moral ambiguity.

argue for one side or the other but at the end of the day the characters in the story are either loved or hated but once you look closer you do realize theres a sense of greyness to each of their actions that if u asked urself 'would i have done this?' in the characters situation given their background, id say 101% yes.

11/10. they should make tlou3 another entirely different story tbh. maybe in canada, a mother daughter relationship would do wonders plot wise (similarities to joel ellie, give tlou franchise that joel sarah arc it needed just w a mom instead)

:toofunny3: :toofunny2:  :dies: :bibliahh: 

Spoiler

Abby is literally the worst written character from Part II, I can't believe that her NPC father was the main reason of Joel's death and all the events:rip:we really deserved a better story.

Feel Sorry Bitch GIF - FeelSorry Bitch Angry - Discover & Share GIFs

heavyreplover
On 7/14/2020 at 5:06 AM, HabbGaga said:

I found that hard to swallow. I overlooked it for the sake of the rest of the game, but iirc in the first game Joel is unconscious, he awakes and Ellie is already on the operating table. They didn't even get a chance to discuss it properly, they didn't even let Ellie decide for herself (which I know she would have done it) but it needed to be a much larger discussion.

Abby and her father didn't look that bad off before they knew their could possibly be a cure, it seemed they adapted to this new world, hell Abby and Ellie were born into this world. They didn't know any different. Had they have shown them struggling to eat, struggling to survive etc, their choice to be so aggressive with taking Ellie's life might have been more justified. Yes it could create a vaccine, but as I said it was a much larger discussion and if they had of just allowed Ellie to make up her mind on her own, then their was a possibility she would've done it willingly, and Marlene should have known that, having looked after her.. Then if she refused, they maybe you could've taken force?

I agree with Joel's decision because I know if that was the most important person to me in my life, I would make the exact same choice, especially when they're telling me this is the only way, not letting me talk to the person I love, not even allowing the person you're about to kill decide for themselves, all of this stuff inherently makes the fireflies villains, and I don't know why part 2 was trying to push this narrative like you said that Joel made the wrong choice.

The Abby stuff felt like a DLC. Ellie and Joel are what made The Last of Us imo. They expanded the world I guess, but they didn't rise to the occasion when it comes to matching the brilliance of the first games storytelling even with 7 years of new technology and 7 years of coming up with a worthy sequel.

:jonny5:YES omg, I thought the same too! I still can't believe it:rip: 7 years just for...whatever that was:dies: but i'm still buying it though:-* or at least I will give myself the chance to play it despite that I saw the whole walkthrough on YouTube.

tiagol88
1 hour ago, heavyreplover said:

:toofunny3: :toofunny2:  :dies: :bibliahh: 

Reveal hidden contents

Abby is literally the worst written character from Part II, I can't believe that her NPC father was the main reason of Joel's death and all the events:rip:we really deserved a better story.

Feel Sorry Bitch GIF - FeelSorry Bitch Angry - Discover & Share GIFs

We deserved a better story because it was badly written or simply because you expected something else?

Spoiler

You guys expected this to be some type of story where the main characters have this thick plot armour? Or Joel dying a heroic death? Have you been playing a different game?

No one is a hero here, no one is special. 

What exactly is badly written about Abby? Her backstory? Her personality? Amazing voice acting? 

And why exactly is it bad for us to go for revenge of "her NPC dad"? How many revenge stories are told simply from one point of view where you don't have no relationship with the character we're revenging in the first place? :deadbanana2:

At least here we LIVED though Abby's backstory in the first game. 

And Joel knew Ellie preferred to sacrifice herself on that table. Marlene says so herself when they last speak. 

Good thing Naughty Dog had some balls and decided to go a different route than giving us some fan service like most franchises do. 

In the end this will be appreciated and talked about like Metal Gear Solid 2 was in its time.

Lucid Dreaming

So i'm starting the Seattle Day 2 chapter

Spoiler
Spoiler

1) DINA IS PREGNANT?!?!? i feel like she will miscarriage though, how in the hell could that baby still be alive when she literally fell from a roof.

2) The flashback of Ellie & Joel was so touching, although a biT boring; but i bet it's going to be like in Left Behind where we will have tense moments.

3) The underground phase where you learn about the new infected...chile. Not to mention when you have to run from a hoard of infected. I STILL don't know how i survive all of that sh*t lmao.

4) So far, this is such an experience.

HabbGaga
3 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

We deserved a better story because it was badly written or simply because you expected something else?

Hide contents

You guys expected this to be some type of story where the main characters have this thick plot armour? Or Joel dying a heroic death? Have you been playing a different game?

No one is a hero here, no one is special. 

What exactly is badly written about Abby? Her backstory? Her personality? Amazing voice acting? 

And why exactly is it bad for us to go for revenge of "her NPC dad"? How many revenge stories are told simply from one point of view where you don't have no relationship with the character we're revenging in the first place? :deadbanana2:

At least here we LIVED though Abby's backstory in the first game. 

And Joel knew Ellie preferred to sacrifice herself on that table. Marlene says so herself when they last speak. 

Good thing Naughty Dog had some balls and decided to go a different route than giving us some fan service like most franchises do. 

In the end this will be appreciated and talked about like Metal Gear Solid 2 was in its time.

Abby is as bland as plain white bread. They could’ve taken this opportunity to craft an exciting character which gave you no choice but to enjoy playing as them, but instead we got this basic ass bitch and this extent of her story was a love triangle..

ks_dollar

Jerry and Owen looking identical I-

Marla Singer
17 hours ago, HabbGaga said:

Abby is as bland as plain white bread. They could’ve taken this opportunity to craft an exciting character which gave you no choice but to enjoy playing as them, but instead we got this basic ass bitch and this extent of her story was a love triangle..

I disagree, there's so much more to Abby's story.

For me her story is about her becoming disillusioned with the WLFs, rebelling against them and finding redemption by helping Lev and Yara escape from the Scars. The dynamic between those 3 characters was my favourite in the whole game. The most exciting and badass moments are also in Abby's half of the game - the Forest, the Bridge, the Descent, Ground Zero, chasing Tommy, the Island.

The love triangle stuff didn't interest me so much. I didn't really like Mel or Owen, although I did like the chemistry between Abby and Owen in the flashbacks. But the love triangle could easily have been left out of Abby's story without affecting it too much, I guess they wanted a parallel to Ellie/Dina/Jesse.

Legendairy

Oh wow, Abby’s side of the story is amazing so far. They should’ve properly marketed her. 
cause the way they’re doing her it’s pretty DLC stuff but her context and backstory, main gaming girl teas.

Joel concerns

Spoiler

The straights are really angry at the lack lf Joel, huh?

~
I’m on Seattle Day 2 with Abby too. 

Yara and Lev, wewwww love these 2.  
~
Mel looks like Allyson Hannigan. 

Legendairy
On 7/18/2020 at 1:04 AM, Twopac said:

I don't see any discussion about the horror part of the game, but it was much scarier than the first one. Guess you have to prepared for that if you play with headphones for the full immersion.

when those ex WLFs jumped me when I wanted to ugrade my weapons :rip: I had ptsd at every workbench after that

the first encounter with a stalker when it ran across the door as I looked back from the room :rip: I had to pause cause my heart was pounding in my throat

whenever those fckers detached from the walls :rip: they always caught me off guard

I must be immune to the horror aspects. I played one chapter with a few friends watching and they’re all gasping tbh. I only get lowkey scared whenever there’s jump scares cause jump scares duhhhh, my friends were like where do you find the guts going through the darkest parts of the game? I really do not have any answer tbh, I said it’s fun I guess, and I live for the thrill and dread.

So in a way the horror aspects are top notched.  

Legendairy

Sound engineering is crazy too, I love how every click of my weapons click, every metal that snaps during my upgrades, every growl of every infected, I love it. When I found out the secret to safe codes having the right number with a different clicking sound I stopped looking up codes online,(so lazy I know). 

Legendairy

When half bodied infected reaches your leg. Eughhhh, the horror excellence. :clap3:

Kingpin

Imagine a moment as Ellie where you stumble across Joel's old house. I dont know how they'd end up there from Jackson but they traveled all the way to Seattle somehow

Legendairy

Lev is basically a pandemic version of Atreus. :chick1:

Legendairy

I shat piles of bricks at hospital ground zero. They did that :clap3:

Spoiler

They went full on resident evil. I was livid the entire sequence. I used everything except my flame thrower which was for later, the spawned infected serving alien too. Wew. 

They really outdid themselves, even better than the hotel mess during part 1. For the first time I let out a slight gasp tbh. :ihype:

Ichinaru19
On 7/17/2020 at 1:04 PM, Twopac said:

THIS SO MUCH :ahh: I legit took a whole day break when I was in the Hospital scene :ahh: The workbench one got me shook too. I knew something was up when you couldn't access that room :skull: When you heard the shuffling behind you when you went for the upgrade :ahh: UGH

Ichinaru19

Anyways, this game was amazing :jonny5: The way the game started to make me hate Ellie and stan for Abby... How long did you guys have in your first playthrough? I think I clocked in around 35 hours :jonny:

Ichinaru19

Just wanted to say that the

final fight scene with Ellie and Abby was too much. I was legit hating Ellie when she was dragging Abby around

Also, could we imagine if all games were made to this caliber :jonny5: ?

ks_dollar
15 hours ago, Ichinaru19 said:

Just wanted to say that the

Reveal hidden contents

final fight scene with Ellie and Abby was too much. I was legit hating Ellie when she was dragging Abby around

Also, could we imagine if all games were made to this caliber :jonny5: ?

Spoiler

I felt so satisfied the way Ellie was DESTROYING her. Every punch and slash to Abby was beautiful wew. The bit where Abby is about to die at the hands of Ellie was amazing. But I understand Ellie's final decision and don't mind Abby.

Ichinaru19
4 hours ago, ks_dollar said:
  Hide contents

I felt so satisfied the way Ellie was DESTROYING her. Every punch and slash to Abby was beautiful wew. The bit where Abby is about to die at the hands of Ellie was amazing. But I understand Ellie's final decision and don't mind Abby.

That's funny, I ended up like Abbyy more then Ellie at the end. Ellie's decision at the end made things up though

Lucid Dreaming
Spoiler

I feel like the SCARS are harder to fight than the WLF.

I can't believe i'm 7hs into the game and i still haven't found Nora:rip: