Reinvention

The Last of Us Part II

BNF91

some in-game shots i took. best looking game this generation :clap3:

Pacific Frontier

Suburban Wasteland

Showdown

Commuter's Decay

my playthrough was so much longer than it needed to be because i was spending half of it being a photographer lmao

Marla Singer

Disgusting. :biblio: Poor Laura.

Jealous
21 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

Why are they lashing out at her, those deadbeat

CosTaSsSs

There are so many crazy people out there.. God. 

Stegeo
7 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Pacific Frontier

Suburban Wasteland

Showdown

Commuter's Decay

my playthrough was so much longer than it needed to be because i was spending half of it being a photographer lmao

incredible :jonny5:

DoctorIce
10 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Pacific Frontier

Suburban Wasteland

Showdown

Commuter's Decay

Literally HOW has my dusty 5 year old PS4 OG been capable of this all these years? How did Ubisoft have the audacity to serve such ugly graphics with Watch Dogs when this is possible? I -

Liafen
20 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

r/thelastofus2 is already up in arms again saying how disgusting and calculated ND is to "push this PR narrative to guide the discussion away from their horrible game" :toofunny3:

D_Man3379
11 minutes ago, Liafen said:

r/thelastofus2 is already up in arms again saying how disgusting and calculated ND is to "push this PR narrative to guide the discussion away from their horrible game" :toofunny3:

Those people are a lost cause.

:rip: 

Liafen
Just now, D_Man3379 said:

Those people are a lost cause.

:rip: 

And the funny thing is they act all superior saying "they accept all kinds of opinions" and are happy for players who liked the game but the bad ugly r/thelastofus sub is banning people for saying the slightest negative thing about the game... Meanwhile in reality anybody who dares defend Part II in some - obvious, non-preachy and logical - way, he or she gets downvoted to hell. :skull: 

TouchinFree
On 7/4/2020 at 11:02 AM, Marla Singer said:

Ok i despise the game and what turned out to be the so called the last of us part 2. But this is just too messed up.

If anyone is deserving of hate and backlash it is Niel Druckmann for false advertising and market manipulation which got most of us fans of the first to buy this horrible game. 

Liafen
4 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Ok i despise the game and what turned out to be the so called the last of us part 2. But this is just too messed up.

If anyone is deserving of hate and backlash it is Niel Druckmann for false advertising and market manipulation which got most of us fans of the first to buy this horrible game. 

Nobody deserves death threats, period.

TouchinFree
3 hours ago, Liafen said:

Nobody deserves death threats, period.

Yeah , That's why i said backlash :michael:which he got  :juanny:

DAP
On 7/3/2020 at 9:02 PM, Marla Singer said:

Gamers are a disease. Pass it on

gyRrZ3q.gif

Marla Singer
Posted (edited)

The

Abby hospital

part is so ****ing scary. :mazen:

Edited by Marla Singer

Smarticle

Just finished watching a whole playthrough of this

DTkl1CI.gif

I can see why people dislike it, but also it was a very logical continuation of the storyline. But the fact they tried to redeem Abby with the players just didn't resonate with a lot of people and I wasn't buying it myself lol. They could've switched some major plot points around so we had more time to play Joel too.

I hated how they ended Joel and Ellie in that final cutscene :skull: just pouring more salt on the wound of what we already knew while playing the beginning 

I thought Isaac was going to be a longer storyline that could lead to part 3 but then we just get another group lol 

I liked that it was more of a morally ambiguous ending about vengeance, but I'm curious to see where they would continue the storyline from here... feels like it would be a repeat of this game. I think writing more storyline for Abby,  if they choose to, would deviate a lot from the first game

DTkl1CI.gif

CosTaSsSs

If there's gonna be another game it could either focus on Lev or new protagonist(s). I think the Ellie, Joel and Abby story has ended for now. 

tiagol88

Finished it yesterday. I can FINALLY talk about it!
It's so amazing to finally take down all youtube extensions, forbidden words on twitter, chrome extensions to disable tlou2 references, etc.
Seriously i have those since the leaks happened so i feel relieved.

And now i can finally read, watch all sorts of videos from creators, podcasts etc. Really exciting!

Now about the game itself i will say this: What was the big issue with it?

Spoiler

So Abby's figure is not okay, too muscled because of the world where they live. That's supposedly not possible. But it's possible for all the male characters to be ripped? Aren't they all living there with her?
The trans controversy is even more stupid.
And Joel dying...didn't we kind of figured that after the first trailer? I don't remember the controversy back then...?

I will say this about his death...and to me, it's my biggest criticism for the game:
For a game that lasts over 30 hours, his death feels rushed. You don't kill off such a character like that. From Joel and Tommy almost handing over their IDs like that, to it all happening so fast...was i the only one that didn't really think that scene was real at first? I felt like it was a dream sequence or something...only when i saw his grave did i start to process it all.
Things could literally just be so much better if Tommy and Joel had just tried to fake their names...and Abby just saying she knows who he is and THEN everyone else realizing who he was. Nothing would change his outcome but the reveal would simply make more sense. Joel and Tommy walking inside a garage full of strangers, all doors closing behind them made me feel uncomfortable. I remember thinking "is this really written by the same people that wrote the first game?" They walked in there like they were home or something. Am i alone in this? Just because they saved Abby and the WLF guys saved them all from the horde doesn't really mean they can be trusted. TLOU1 Joel would know that.

This is the one criticism i have with the game.

That said...****, i loved Abby. When i started controlling her on Seattle Day 1 i wanted to jump of a cliff somewhere...but her arc is amazing and honestly? I preferred her part of the game. From the sniper (Tommy) part until the end, the game is probably the best **** i've ever played before in this industry. I liked her so much to the point that when i saw her on that pole almost crucified at the end, all skinny with her head almost shaved, asking for help, only to realize it was Ellie and answering with a "oh...it's you". It just broke me. That playable sequence with Abby carrying Lev, Ellie tripping on that dune, with just the ocean sounds in the background. It was the longest walk ever in a game for me. You know something will happen but you're not sure what. Once Abby says "i'm not doing this" to Ellie i was just a mess. Seriously. I did NOT want to fight her. Ellie realizing that what she's really mad is that she never got to forgive Joel and having that moment of realization allowing Abby to leave. It was such a strong climax...it was even better than i could expect.

By this moment, Abby had spared Ellie's life when she killed Joel, when she almost killed Dina as well, and then at the end she didn't want to fight her. Two very different characters that set out to do exactly the same: Revenge. Abby was much more focused for her goal. Ellie was much more angry considering it had just happened and she was still a teenager. To me these were 2 revenge stories in one game. Abby for her dad and Ellie for Joel. It was a chain of events that started with Joel's decision on the first game but we knew it was coming. In the end everyone lost everything.

But seriously...watching and playing both sides was amazing to me. The game made me feel conflicted with my own emotions. It drained me to the point that i can't seem to play it again for a bit (even though i want to platinum it). They literally made us kill that dog, only to make us pet it half an hour later huh? It made us care for Owen and Mel...when we know they will both die at the same time at the hands of Ellie.

The mocap, facial expressions, animators, soundtrack, those landscapes. Everything about this game looks and sounds expensive as ****.

To me this game will be talked about for years to come. This is for 2020 what MGS2 was for 2000.

Some random stuff:
. Abby's part of the game was better for me;
. From the supporting characters i loved Owen, Dina and Abby.
. Gameplay is night and day from the first game. It's weird because if i tell you to compare videos between both games it all looks similar, but playing both games it feels so different. This game was light years better.
. I loved all flashbacks. The timings were perfect and i loved how in every single Ellie flashback, Joel's lie gets worse and worse as she gets older, to the point it gets so bad for her to bear, climaxing with that hospital scene.
. The best voice acting and facial expressions ever in the industry, This game looks on pair or better than RDR2 in parts.
. For me this is GOTY material. I still don't know where to place it for this generation but its top 3 for now. It's a game that you need to digest.
. Like the first game...i'm still thinking about it 24 hours after finishing it.
. Ellie leaving the map behind when she realizes she killed a pregnant woman and is barely able to stand up and about to throw up is not that hard to imagine.
. The game was tense as ****. Playing this with headphones...i lost 10 years of my life.
. The "Gound Zero" part with Abby. **** this game. **** that boss and **** everything about that level.
. Also **** that building level with Abby and Lev. WTF was that all about?

One last thing:
By the time that last flashback hits, followed by Ellie trying to play the guitar and failing after losing everything...was just too much. And you know why? She was all alone. And all i could think about was this:

"What are you scared of?"
"Being by myself. I'm scaring of ending up alone"

Her revenge story made sure her biggest fear came true.

PS - Just because the script didn't really appeal to you...doesn't mean it's badly written. It's okay to admit that about a work you don't enjoy. This game wasn't perfect...but neither was the first game. In fact...the first game's story was actually quite simple and we see those in movies all the time. From a game perspective this second one was A LOT more ambitious. I saw this game going for things i never imaged a videogame would for years to come. I actually felt obvious how Joel's decisions late in the game would chase him later. It was obvious.

This game was simply...a masterpiece.

Pozeidon
10 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

The

Hide contents

Abby hospital

part is so ****ing scary. :mazen:

I started playing that part at night, I quickly stopped playing and finished that part the next day during bright light. :ahh: 

LikeaRebel

Just finished.

Wow, what an amazing game. The graphics, the story, the gameplay.. Loved everything about it. :clap3:I can understand how some people might be taken aback by certain aspects of the story but the hate this game is getting is just completely ridiculous & undeserved. I don't think it's quite as flawless as the first one but I'd still give it a 9.5/10.

tiagol88

Btw, the game has now 5.2 on user's metacritic. 

Interesting how it was 3, 2 weeks ago. 4 a week ago and now it's 5.2. 

Even though it was the most review-bombed game ever in there...it's climbing its way up.

With the online game coming this year, the HBO show down the line the game will be played and bought a lot...so this is bound to keep increasing.

CosTaSsSs
1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

Btw, the game has now 5.2 on user's metacritic. 

Interesting how it was 3, 2 weeks ago. 4 a week ago and now it's 5.2. 

Even though it was the most review-bombed game ever in there...it's climbing its way up.

With the online game coming this year, the HBO show down the line the game will be played and bought a lot...so this is bound to keep increasing.

Your review expressed all the thoughts I have for the game.

Sunset

The ending to this is something that is going to stick with me for a long time. IMHO, a better ending than the first game.

Spoiler

That whole final segment in the beach, where Ellie and Abby have their final fight, was just extraordinary and made me so emotional.

budgier
4 hours ago, Sunset said:

The ending to this is something that is going to stick with me for a long time. IMHO, a better ending than the first game.

Hide contents

That whole final segment in the beach, where Ellie and Abby have their final fight, was just extraordinary and made me so emotional.

Spoiler

I loved a lot about the ending besides no Dina in the ending scene. With how sad and bleak most of this game is I think the game would have benefited from a silver lining in the end with showing Dina being willing to take Ellie back but don't @ me

Legendairy

I'm trying to avoid this thread ASAP, so busy at work, so little time for TLOU II but I do when I can. I'm at Day 1 Seattle. Uncharted: Lost Legacy really prepared me for the open world choice, so far I LOVE IT. I love Dina SO GODDAMN MUCH.

Spoiler

JOEL DIED, I HAD TO EMOTIONALLY PROCESS THAT.

I hate that Mel bitch, I will cut ha!

Departure

Literally just finished it. I think the overall message from this game is to try to forgive.  The antagonist never gave her story that chance, and Ellie saw herself in the same boat she didn't want to go down that same road. 

I mean that final flashback was important. 

Even if you'll never forgive somebody for something, you should at least try. 

The antagonist and the boy she cared for reminded me of Joel and Ellie.  I think Ellie found peace within herself in not going down that path Abby didn't.

Other than that I felt like the game was good. I had more fun playing this one. I think ND just tried too hard to make a complex plot. A lot goes on in it. If you don't pay attention to every detail, you'll leave this game with more questions than answers. 

Beautiful game though.