Reinvention

The Last of Us Part II

iiku

Not sure if it's been discussed, but Lev's VA is done by trans actor Ian Alexander from the TV show the OA. Representation really matters and I'm really glad ND are not scared to give visibility to characters that come from all walks of life.

Jack!

Like, I get the violence thing, but meh. It's not like we're hanging around to play a game that will involve us killing hundreds of zombies and men. I do agree this seemed more intensely graphic. Seemed like something out of The Evil Within, honestly. But a story about the zombie apocalypse isn't going to be the happiest. I'm not mad them going for a darker storyline.

muddysquirrel

This will slay.

MingYouToo
On 10/31/2017 at 7:34 AM, Icannot said:

The acting and mocap are SO convincing omg. White male gamers are quivering and fuming. :fan:

Asians and women.

WHEW the basic white males are QUAKING.

HabbGaga

I don't know how they made this 4 minute clip so compelling when these characters are nobodies to us at this point, but while I was watching it I was so invested, and the violence was genuinely frightening. The cult woman who was killed off seemed like she could've been a huge antagonist in the story, and she would be super compelling but they just killed her off without any hesitation.

This makes me so excited, I have faith in Naughty Dog to tell another character driven story, Walking Dead PLEASE take notes.

Cas
6 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

I don't know how they made this 4 minute clip so compelling when these characters are nobodies to us at this point, but while I was watching it I was so invested, and the violence was genuinely frightening. The cult woman who was killed off seemed like she could've been a huge antagonist in the story, and she would be super compelling but they just killed her off without any hesitation.

This makes me so excited, I have faith in Naughty Dog to tell another character driven story, Walking Dead PLEASE take notes.

TWD became too much about the people, less about the walkers. It got repetitive after the 3rd settlement got overrun by zombies and another psycho guy took over. The possibility of a cure should now be on the table or just kill everyone off and be done with it.

HabbGaga
10 minutes ago, Cas said:

TWD became too much about the people, less about the walkers. It got repetitive after the 3rd settlement got overrun by zombies and another psycho guy took over. The possibility of a cure should now be on the table or just kill everyone off and be done with it.

I love TWD. It has many issues, and I agree mostly with this. But I love human stories in dire apocalyptic worlds, unfortunately TWD has suffered from underwhelming character development with no pay off recently. TLOU works because of the dynamic between Ellie and Joel is so beautifully built. The Walking Dead needs to take notes from that. Zombies aren't what compels me to play TLOU or watch TWD.

The Leftovers was another great apocalyptic show that had some beautifully told stories about humans who had nothing left too loose but each other.

Cas
54 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

I love TWD. It has many issues, and I agree mostly with this. But I love human stories in dire apocalyptic worlds, unfortunately TWD has suffered from underwhelming character development with no pay off recently. TLOU works because of the dynamic between Ellie and Joel is so beautifully built. The Walking Dead needs to take notes from that. Zombies aren't what compels me to play TLOU or watch TWD.

The Leftovers was another great apocalyptic show that had some beautifully told stories about humans who had nothing left too loose but each other.

TWD needs closure, some sort of final goal. The character development can't run the show if the plot is not there.

Reinvention

Stay on topic please! We're talking about QUALITY zombie content only in here. :keir:

Anyway - no more news since the new trailer. Just read an interesting theory that Anna might still be alive and Ellie could've had false information, perhaps from this weird religious group themselves. It's pretty unlikely - but would be cool to see what a ruthless mother/daughter combo could get up to. But it's more likely that Ellie/Joel will encounter this religious group, perhaps even kill Joel, and then Ellie will find out that they also killed her mother? Would be a good enough reason to "find and kill every last one of them."

Kakihara

I am terrified because I feel they're gonna ruin it, yes I wanted a sequel before and I was excited when I heard they were doing it but, the game was so great  that nothing would ever top it. I'm one of those 3 people who really didn't love Uncharted 4, I use the mp tho, and I'm afraid for TLOU.

Reinvention

"Really sad part" :weeps: Joel dies confirmed????

Kings.

I got a PS4 last night and picked up TLOU Remastered :duca:

I’m really excited to play the game and see what the hypes about.

HAPPI•LIL•PILL

Why is this shiz taking so long?? :'(

Haus

just started TLOU again for the 100th time yesterday :jonny2: doing a new game plus on grounded mode, it's really the only way to play it

also snatched UC4 and The Lost Legacy for $15 each :sistrens: 

Poe Dameron
19 hours ago, Reinvention said:

"Really sad part" :weeps: Joel dies confirmed????

He could be on about various sad parts in the game 

Reinvention
On 11/25/2017 at 2:58 AM, Kings. said:

I got a PS4 last night and picked up TLOU Remastered :duca:

I’m really excited to play the game and see what the hypes about.

You’re in for such treat! Let me know how you’re enjoying it. 

Singer.

ahhh im so excited! hopefully we'll get some gameplay footage 

Haus
13 minutes ago, Singer. said:

ahhh im so excited! hopefully we'll get some gameplay footage 

i need a release date

Lion

I just finished the first game and its DLC and I'm so excited for the sequel! 

Reinvention

The PlayStation Experience 2017 panel lineup features looks at both the past and future of some of the platforms biggest games.

The cast and crew of The Last of Us Part II, including Neil Druckmann, Halley Gross, and "key members of the game’s cast" will be on hand on Saturday, December 9 at 6:30 to talk about the making of the most recent trailer for the upcoming game.

Looks like we'll have some fresh info in a few days! :gaycat2:

KKW

Omg if they kill Joel off I s2g...

Reinvention

Sooo there's a fair amount of news from the PSX 2017 panel that focused entirely on The Last of Us Part II. Obviously it was annoying with a lot of vague and awkward answers saying nothing. HOWEVER - the opening was a song between Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker, the voice actors of Ellie and Joel, and while nothing is said explicitly, the song does very much hint that Joel is dead. However it does feel a little bit obvious and I wonder if there's more to it than that. It'd be sad for Troy if his character is dead and he's wheeled to these promo slots just to keep up appearances.

Anyway, basically - watch this:

From memory watching it last night, the highlights are:

- Lev and Yara are siblings

- Lev is 13, Yara is 16

- They continued to deny that the "mystery woman" is Ellie's mother, or really give any info about her

- They do confirm that someone in the story gets pregnant (Ellie or Ellie's mother, basically)

- The storyline structure is very different (I imagine it flicks between two different time periods at the very least)

- Don't expect the game until 2019

Here's some stuff from Gamespot

- A "large part" of the game takes place in Seattle.

- Naughty Dog is about 50-60 percent finished with The Last Of Us: Part II

- Actress Laura Bailey, who plays an unnamed character, says she feels like she wants to throw up every day on set because she wants to live up to the expectations.

- Fans of the first game might not like the sequel, Druckmann said.

- "We will forever continue to make single-player, linear, narrative-based games," Neil Druckmann said.

- More details on The Last Of Us: Part II are coming at E3 2018.

- Asked by the interviewer if Joel is dead or alive, writer/director Neil Druckmann teased, "Everybody dies at some point."

You can watch the entire, nearly hour-long panel here. Unfortunately the host is a really annoying YouTuber.

Edited by Reinvention

Edibles.

oops wrong thread.

Edited by Edibles.

Reinvention
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, Edibles. said:

oops wrong thread.

:rip: 

Why is no one excited by the PSX panel update?

tenor.gif

tiagol88
52 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

:rip: 

Why is no one excited by the PSX panel update?

tenor.gif

I'm excited everytime that i think Sony E3 will have gameplay debuts from The Last Of Us, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima. Plus Kingdom Hearts 3, etc :jonny5: