Reinvention

The Last of Us Part II

Liafen

I guess I was right then, (around) half the game will be about her and they just couldn't keep it as a secret so released this to spike up hype. 

Singer.
47 minutes ago, Liafen said:

What poster - what answer? 

To be honest, I am quite mad about that they explicitly said it's a puzzle as to where it takes place and who are they. Gives away the surprise, really - speculation could've had happened without them saying this, and at some point I'm sure we'd all be talking about her being Ellie's mom, but them saying "oh guess who they exactly are and how it is important to Ellie and when does this took place??" is basically confirming it. 

PSX gameplay might be still early but I'm really hoping for that too. 

Image result for outbreak poster 2017 tlou

This pretty much lines up with the last few seconds of the trailer. A lot of fans didn't know who it was, but now we do. 

Edited by Singer.

Liafen
28 minutes ago, Singer. said:

Image result for outbreak poster 2017 tlou

This pretty much lines up with the last few seconds of the trailer. A lot of fans didn't know who it was, but now we do. 

Oh wait, right. Not them foreshadowing this.

Ciel

I'm so excited :jonny: 

DougAF

Oh WOW. Naughty dog reminding me why my ps4 wasn’t a bad investment. Coming for my wig.

#navytings

That was amazing omg.

Diesel

I’m so hyped already :jonny: TLOU is one of my favorite game ever :jonny:

SA*KURA

OMG :jonny: Can't wait for this

Reinvention
50 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I’m so hyped already :jonny: TLOU is one of my favorite game ever :jonny:

I know I'm ****ing shook. Legend TLOU2 coming to snatch.

Edibles.

OOOOH this tugged at my wig a biT!

Icannot

The acting and mocap are SO convincing omg. White male gamers are quivering and fuming. :fan:

Lithium.
7 hours ago, Liafen said:

:duca: 

calm_down.gif 

Liafen
10 minutes ago, Icannot said:

The acting and mocap are SO convincing omg. White male gamers are quivering and fuming. :fan:

What? Why? This trailer is like evry white male gamers wet dream. 

ANTisocial

:jonny3:

Reinvention
1 hour ago, Liafen said:

Because there's strong women involved - including an Asian woman and I think an Asian guy. White American Males are fuming!

Cas
6 hours ago, Liafen said:

SJWs warrior babblings.

Reinvention

There's been a bit of backlash to the amount of unnecessary violence is in the trailer. As a massive TLOU fan I know damn well about the world and the environment that these characters live in, but yeah, to see an Asian woman getting

her arm smashed by a hammer

is pretty graphic and intense.

Some will find this trailer to be a brave, unflinching depiction of violence that underscores how cruel this world is; others find it an unnecessarily cruel, even cynical exploitation of a woman’s fear of violence from men. Its impact, whether negative or positive in your eyes, is greater than it would be in the past due to today’s technology. Watching it makes me miss the days when designers had to be a little more abstract or artful with their violence.

-https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/10/when-the-violence-gets-too-real.html

The Last of Us is acclaimed for telling a well-written and mature story, so it's strange that Sony and Naughty Dog felt the need to peddle a trailer that reflected neither of those qualities. Yes, the footage was mature in its graphic viciousness, but it was immature because it was devoid of any meaning.

- http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/naughty-dogs-ultra-violent-last-us-part-2-trailer-was-misjudged-meaningless-1645303

http://collider.com/last-of-us-2-trailer-ps4-violence/ 

https://www.dualshockers.com/the-last-of-us-part-ii-trailer-reaction/ 

Singer.
16 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

There's been a bit of backlash to the amount of unnecessary violence is in the trailer. As a massive TLOU fan I know damn well about the world and the environment that these characters live in, but yeah, to see an Asian woman getting

Reveal hidden contents

her arm smashed by a hammer

is pretty graphic and intense.

http://collider.com/last-of-us-2-trailer-ps4-violence/ 

https://www.dualshockers.com/the-last-of-us-part-ii-trailer-reaction/ 

Ehh, I think it's a bit unfair to make the premature claim that the violence was "devoid of any meaning" when we obviously don't have the context of the scene. I thought it was pretty clear that ND wanted us to feel disgusted and horrified by the violence, not to revel in it. Wasn't TLOU originally attacked too when the first gameplay footage came out? Now, that violence makes sense and fits perfectly within the game's universe. I expect the same change in reaction when Part II is released. 

Reinvention
1 hour ago, Singer. said:

Ehh, I think it's a bit unfair to make the premature claim that the violence was "devoid of any meaning" when we obviously don't have the context of the scene. I thought it was pretty clear that ND wanted us to feel disgusted and horrified by the violence, not to revel in it. Wasn't TLOU originally attacked too when the first gameplay footage came out? Now, that violence makes sense and fits perfectly within the game's universe. I expect the same change in reaction when Part II is released. 

I'm sure there's more to the scene and it's somewhat justified, as TLOU was all about the characters doing what was necessary for survival (in their minds anyway).

That being said - this trailer exists as it is, with the intended purpose of selling a game, and as it stands there is little to explain the violence. I wish they'd introduced a tiny bit more story.

Singer.
2 hours ago, Reinvention said:

I'm sure there's more to the scene and it's somewhat justified, as TLOU was all about the characters doing what was necessary for survival (in their minds anyway).

That being said - this trailer exists as it is, with the intended purpose of selling a game, and as it stands there is little to explain the violence. I wish they'd introduced a tiny bit more story.

I just took away so much more from the trailer than it being violent. Like, I'm not surprised that a sequel to TLOU is gonna be violent; it comes with the territory. It doesn't even bother me that there's no explanation to the violence - we're not supposed to have any answers yet. The violence imo wasn't even the focus of the trailer, but it served its purpose in setting the tone - humanity is at its lowest point. When I finished watching the trailer, I was more preoccupied with trying to figure out who the hell everyone was lmfao and how this story will fit into Joel and Ellie's. I think that's what ND wanted us to take from it too (along with "Anna" being a total badass). 

Reinvention
1 hour ago, Singer. said:

I just took away so much more from the trailer than it being violent. Like, I'm not surprised that a sequel to TLOU is gonna be violent; it comes with the territory. It doesn't even bother me that there's no explanation to the violence - we're not supposed to have any answers yet. The violence imo wasn't even the focus of the trailer, but it served its purpose in setting the tone - humanity is at its lowest point. When I finished watching the trailer, I was more preoccupied with trying to figure out who the hell everyone was lmfao and how this story will fit into Joel and Ellie's. I think that's what ND wanted us to take from it too (along with "Anna" being a total badass). 

Yeah I agree - I thought it was really brutal how they showed the hammer smashing Yara's arm, but it was certainly impactful. Messy being male-on-female violence, but yeah, I agree - this is just a snippet of a story. Problematic they think extreme violence will sell games (and it will)? Sure.

I'm interested to hear about Ellie's conception - I feel like there's gonna be something interesting about her father, pregnancy or birth that led to her being immune to the virus. Something that the religious peeps don't like - oooh it's exciting to get to hear more from this story. PLEASE come out in 2018. :jonny: 

I've been playing TLOU multiplayer lately cause I'm so excited about it all lol.

Singer.
5 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

Yeah I agree - I thought it was really brutal how they showed the hammer smashing Yara's arm, but it was certainly impactful. Messy being male-on-female violence, but yeah, I agree - this is just a snippet of a story. Problematic they think extreme violence will sell games (and it will)? Sure.

I'm interested to hear about Ellie's conception - I feel like there's gonna be something interesting about her father, pregnancy or birth that led to her being immune to the virus. Something that the religious peeps don't like - oooh it's exciting to get to hear more from this story. PLEASE come out in 2018. :jonny: 

I've been playing TLOU multiplayer lately cause I'm so excited about it all lol.

but that was then followed by female-on-female violence which was just as gruesome 

Yeah, I'm really curious to see how they'll tackle everything with Anna... I wonder if we'll get to see a younger Marlene too. TLOU is my favourite game ever and I WISH for a 2018 release but I feel like we're probably gonna have to wait until 2019 :'( Honestly, I don't mind waiting too much if the outcome is great (and I KNOW IT WILL BE!!!!!!!!)

Reinvention
20 hours ago, Singer. said:

but that was then followed by female-on-female violence which was just as gruesome 

Yeah, I'm really curious to see how they'll tackle everything with Anna... I wonder if we'll get to see a younger Marlene too. TLOU is my favourite game ever and I WISH for a 2018 release but I feel like we're probably gonna have to wait until 2019 :'( Honestly, I don't mind waiting too much if the outcome is great (and I KNOW IT WILL BE!!!!!!!!)

I know there's gonna be so many things that come out of left-field and we're gonna be left gasping, hollow and empty. I don't envision a happy ending for the story - there just isn't one really. Humanity is largely wiped out, I'm sure the infection has developed and intensified for the victims (aka. millions of bloaters and whatever the later stages of the infection turns out to be.)

Guess it's just a matter of survival - and how long the small bands of survivors can work together under such extreme conditions. Guess the best case scenario is that someone kind of immunisation can be created from Ellie to give some protection to the survivors.

Anyway can't wait for the game! I have a strong feeling we won't see it released until 2019. Lorde be with us.