Reinvention

The Last of Us Part II

Liafen
1 minute ago, Reinvention said:

Can't say I enjoyed that trailer - it's insanely violent and brutal. I hope TLOU2 retains some of the magic of the first game. That violent scene was... yikes.

Like the first game was. Winter alone scarred me for life. 

But to be honest, I expect this one to be so much darker. No Giraffe scenes. No wonderful lush landscapes. No comic book foolness. :weeps: 

Reinvention
1 minute ago, Liafen said:

Like the first game was. Winter alone scarred me for life. 

But to be honest, I expect this one to be so much darker. No Giraffe scenes. No wonderful lush landscapes. No comic book foolness. :weeps: 

I guess you're right - winter was STRESSFUL! But there were those cute moments of levity that you NEED! If it's dark dark dark no one's enjoying that.

Anyway this is certainly evening - so that woman was killing that woman for being an apostate aka. someone who abandons their religion, so I'm guessing perhaps that the antagonists are the people that belong the religion? Some crazed crowd that predicted the apocalypse? Sad not to have Ellie / Joel in the trailer. The first trailer was so beautiful - it's shocking this is from the same world. Welp. Naughty Dog keep us guessing.

Ressti

H MY ****KKKKKKKKKKKNwelyutgbqeakrnhbgk4euibyli34qubg

THat was brutal... I can't... I'm jegbsjrehbgsmrhj

Reinvention
3 minutes ago, Ressti said:

H MY ****KKKKKKKKKKKNwelyutgbqeakrnhbgk4euibyli34qubg

THat was brutal... I can't... I'm jegbsjrehbgsmrhj

I know. :jonny:

Welp - time to let go of the cute moments cause they're probably gone! Ugh The Last of Us is such a special and unique game. So beautiful and cinematic.

giphy.gif

Ressti
Just now, Reinvention said:

I know. :jonny:

Welp - time to let go of the cute moments cause they're probably gone! Ugh The Last of Us is such a special and unique game. So beautiful and cinematic.

giphy.gif

I don't think Neil Druckmann would ever make a game without some light or touching moments. He's all about characters and he's very good at making the characters likeable.

Reinvention
Just now, Ressti said:

I don't think Neil Druckmann would ever make a game without some light or touching moments. He's all about characters and he's very good at making the characters likeable.

I'm assuming so too - I'm just being dramatic, but that trailer was really intense. I guess it's another curveball by Naughty Dog - making us beleive it'll all be like that.

We need some more BEAUTIFUL moments like this:

tumblr_moti26LbXg1r2k080o1_500.gif

Truly legendary.

SoulKiwi

OMG :duca: This is so exciting! I’m looking forward to this more and more with each newly released info!

Ressti
1 minute ago, Reinvention said:

I'm assuming so too - I'm just being dramatic, but that trailer was really intense. I guess it's another curveball by Naughty Dog - making us beleive it'll all be like that.

We need some more BEAUTIFUL moments like this:

tumblr_moti26LbXg1r2k080o1_500.gif

Truly legendary.

That was one of the best moments in any videogame ever.

But the reason it's so beautiful and touching is because of all the horror you went through. If the entire game was just you petting giraffes, you'd be playing Barbie: Explorer, fffff and it would have 0 impact.

I do hope they take it there at least once though.

Ressti

So.. we're in agreement that this second trailer takes place in the past

Liafen

Lots of theories about the time and place of this already. Many comments thinking she's Ellie's mom.

"At its core, The Last of Us Part II is still very much about Ellie and Joel, but for this reveal, we wanted to showcase several new characters that are integral to their next journey. We’re sure you have many questions after watching this scene. We’re also pretty sure that we’re going to see all sorts of theories about whom these characters are, where and when this scene takes place, and how all of this fits into Ellie and Joel’s next story. For now we’re keeping mum, but we’re excited to see what y’all make of this piece of the puzzle."

Reinvention
9 minutes ago, Ressti said:

That was one of the best moments in any videogame ever.

But the reason it's so beautiful and touching is because of all the horror you went through. If the entire game was just you petting giraffes, you'd be playing Barbie: Explorer, fffff and it would have 0 impact.

I do hope they take it there at least once though.

I know - it was just this beautiful simple moment that left us all SLAIN! :'(  Naughty Dog did thaT. Please obliterate us once again daddy Neil.

Liafen

If she's indeed Ellie's mom, I have a feeling we're getting two story lines like Left Behind. One in the past where you play as her mother, one in the present where you play as her.

What a twisted ending it would be if the game ended with both Ellie's birth and death. 

Reinvention

Lots of theories about the time and place of this already. Many comments thinking she's Ellie's mom.

"At its core, The Last of Us Part II is still very much about Ellie and Joel, but for this reveal, we wanted to showcase several new characters that are integral to their next journey. We’re sure you have many questions after watching this scene. We’re also pretty sure that we’re going to see all sorts of theories about whom these characters are, where and when this scene takes place, and how all of this fits into Ellie and Joel’s next story. For now we’re keeping mum, but we’re excited to see what y’all make of this piece of the puzzle."

Oooh I hadn't even thought about these characters really - that's exciting if it's her mum!! Wonder if it's these religious nutjobs that Ellie is gonna find and kill?

Reinvention
Just now, Liafen said:

If she's indeed Ellie's mom, I have a feeling we're getting two story lines like Left Behind. One in the past where you play as her mother, one in the present where you play as her.

What a twisted ending it would be if the game ended with both Ellie's birth and death. 

Omg weeping at the thought and everything they go through just to die. :weeps: 

Singer.

Okay that trailer was super insane. the facial animations look incredible too. I'm gathering that the woman about to be hanged was Ellie's mom? Neil did say in the interview that he wants fans to speculate when** the scene took place, so I think that this was back when her mom was pregnant with her? Also, Part II is looking to be even more brutal than the first - I was so shocked when that girl (Yara?) had her 'wing clipped'. We also got an answer to what that poster was about.

I hope we'll get gameplay for psx this year

Edited by Singer.

Ressti
2 minutes ago, Liafen said:

She might be, that crazy lady was hinting at her being pregnant. Probably has an out of wedlock baby and it could be Ellie.

I like that theory. That would mean this happened only 6 years after the outbreak.

BubbleGomme

Omg, this was so dark and brutal, I am so here for it ! I need this game in my life. :jonny:

Singer.

I really hope that the religious cult thing is well written and developed bc they're always so one-note and cliched in video games (but tlou is so unbelievably well written so I don't think I'm too worried about this)

Liafen
8 minutes ago, Singer. said:

Okay that trailer was super insane. the facial animations look incredible too. I'm gathering that the woman about to be hanged was Ellie's mom? Neil did say in the interview that he wants fans to speculate when** the scene took place, so I think that this was back when her mom was pregnant with her? Also, Part II is looking to be even more brutal than the first - I was so shocked when that girl (Yara?) had her 'wing clipped'. We also got an answer to what that poster was about.

I hope we'll get gameplay for psx this year

What poster - what answer? 

To be honest, I am quite mad about that they explicitly said it's a puzzle as to where it takes place and who are they. Gives away the surprise, really - speculation could've had happened without them saying this, and at some point I'm sure we'd all be talking about her being Ellie's mom, but them saying "oh guess who they exactly are and how it is important to Ellie and when does this took place??" is basically confirming it. 

PSX gameplay might be still early but I'm really hoping for that too. 

Reinvention
3 minutes ago, Singer. said:

I really hope that the religious cult thing is well written and developed bc they're always so one-note and cliched in video games (but tlou is so unbelievably well written so I don't think I'm too worried about this)

I know I rolled my eyes when she said "apostate" - but I think we can be almost certain that's Ellie's mother considering the whole gesturing to pregnancy. She definitely looks a little like her.

whatyouwant_

it's indeed Ellie's mom Anna. There are 4 letters in the black spaces :weeps:

Edited by whatyouwant_

Liafen

Them already confirming it :biblio: Naughty wyd

Reinvention

Them already confirming it :biblio: Naughty wyd

Why! :rip: