Reinvention

The Last of Us Part II

Reinvention

Only news is that the actors of Joel and Ellie have been busy filming and spending lots of time together - so I guess they're in full on production mode, which means we definitely won't be seeing this game until like mid-next year at the earliest. Depressing huh.

Reinvention

NO announcement at the playstation event today, as Naughty Dog was promoting the new DLC for Uncharted 4. I mean it looks good, but it's no Joel and Ellie. 

However everyone was harassing the creative director Neil, and he tweeted this. 

God knows when we'll get some news. :'(

tiagol88
11 hours ago, Reinvention said:

NO announcement at the playstation event today, as Naughty Dog was promoting the new DLC for Uncharted 4. I mean it looks good, but it's no Joel and Ellie. 

Playstation Experience during the fall. 

Reinvention
9 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Playstation Experience during the fall. 

That is a long time away. :deadbanana:

we're getting TLOU2 until LATE next year at the earliest huh. :weeps:

My current theory on who Ellie wants to kill is that she discovered that the infection was manmade and wants to kill the people who made it

OR

Joel continued to lie to her and she thinks the fireflies killed Marlene and she just found out years later or something. (though I doubt it - over 4 years I think she would have had many questions about that night she wasn't needed.)

tiagol88
8 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

That is a long time away. :deadbanana:

we're getting TLOU2 until LATE next year at the earliest huh. :weeps:

My current theory on who Ellie wants to kill is that she discovered that the infection was manmade and wants to kill the people who made it

OR

Joel continued to lie to her and she thinks the fireflies killed Marlene and she just found out years later or something. (though I doubt it - over 4 years I think she would have had many questions about that night she wasn't needed.)

They literally started working on it last year. I'm expecting the game in 2019 tbh.

Reinvention
3 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

They literally started working on it last year. I'm expecting the game in 2019 tbh.

Oh my God I'll be 28. :deadbanana: 

Liafen

Let's just hope it isn't a PS5 launch title. :deadbanana3:

tiagol88
5 hours ago, Liafen said:

Let's just hope it isn't a PS5 launch title. :deadbanana3:

That won't be out until at least 2020 so no. 

5 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Oh my God I'll be 28. :deadbanana: 

I'm 28 right now :deadbanana2:

Reinvention
31 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

I'm 28 right now :deadbanana2:

Ddd :rip: 

Lemon Drops

I wouldn't be surprised if they save it until E3 2018. They only revealed it so they didn't have to work in secrecy. 

Liafen
6 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

That won't be out until at least 2020 so no. 

Not really thinking about the intentional part, I know that they're trying to push it out in 2018-early 2019.

But we all know what happened to The Last Guardian. 

Naughty Dog is quite the perfectionist developer - and if they aren't satisfied with the end result 100%, they will rework and rewrite and redesign it again. This is especially true for The Last of Us because of the pressure resting on their shoulders. Let's hope everything goes fine.

5 hours ago, Lemon Drops said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they save it until E3 2018. They only revealed it so they didn't have to work in secrecy. 

Yeah, they probably did it because of that. But it'll be a massacre if they don't show something at PSX this year. I mean, look at all the comments they're getting... people are MAD :deadbanana3:

tiagol88
1 hour ago, Liafen said:

Not really thinking about the intentional part, I know that they're trying to push it out in 2018-early 2019.

I was talking about the PS5. That won't be out before 2020. The Last Of Us 2, i agree with you. Probably their big early 2019 title after Horizon this year and God Of War next year. 

Liafen
15 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

I was talking about the PS5. That won't be out before 2020. The Last Of Us 2, i agree with you. Probably their big early 2019 title after Horizon this year and God Of War next year. 

Yeah I know, I said I'm just hoping everything goes well for the development and it's not getting delayed 'til PS5 - 2020 or whenever that comes out. Sorry if I worded my response badly

Poe Dameron
20 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

That’s not true. The trailer that was shown at PSX was created a year before it. 

tiagol88
1 hour ago, Poe Dameron said:

That’s not true. The trailer that was shown at PSX was created a year before it. 

Still it won't be out before 2019.

tiagol88

Eurogamer: Lost Legacy looks up to the quality fans now expect from Naughty Dog - but you guys are also working on The Last of Us 2. How many people are working on Lost Legacy now? How much of the studio?

Escayg: Right now, the studio's focus is Lost Legacy. We have a truly ambitious schedule. The Last of Us [project] is working but at a lot slower pace right now. The entire team is on Lost Legacy - that's a couple hundred of us strong.

Eurogamer

I said 2019 before...2 years in full production might be enough i hope...? :rip:

Kakihara
On 6/12/2017 at 10:55 PM, Reinvention said:

It's natural they're promoting a game that will be out next month, promoting TLOU2 doesn't make any sense right now, but I'm still confident we're getting this before 2019.

The Unforgiving
On 6/13/2017 at 7:55 AM, Reinvention said:

This bascially confirms that we won't hear about it in Gamescom but since The Lost Legacy will be released in August then that leaves Naughty Dog free for PSX and next year's E3.

tiagol88
3 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

This bascially confirms that we won't hear about it in Gamescom but since The Lost Legacy will be released in August then that leaves Naughty Dog free for PSX and next year's E3.

Yeah, nothing before PSX. But i'm not expecting much this year. They clearly stated almost the entire team is focused on The Lost Legacy. I'm sure some work has been done since the last PSX but still, i'm not expecting gameplay in 2017. 

Cas

IIRC there are two teams in ND that working on different projects. The development of TLL should not interfere with TLOU2.

ArianadelRey

Eh, i loved the game but a sequel/prequel or whatever is not necessary for me:katie:

Reinvention
On 7/8/2017 at 6:13 AM, ArianadelRey said:

Eh, i loved the game but a sequel/prequel or whatever is not necessary for me:katie:

Ugh it is soooo necessary for me like I don't expect a happy ending by any means - but TLOU truly felt like it ended smack bang in the middle of the story, I was honestly shocked at the end. I neeeeeed it!

Reinvention

Did y'all see this official poster artwork?

TLOU-FINAL9100-720x960.jpg

Liafen

:duca: 

Reinvention
1 hour ago, Liafen said:

:duca: 

Can't say I enjoyed that trailer - it's insanely violent and brutal. I hope TLOU2 retains some of the magic of the first game. That violent scene was... yikes.