Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

The Last of Us Part II

292 posts in this topic

TLOU-FINAL9100-720x960.jpg

Are you excited for the sequel to PS3/PS4's best game? Have you heard about the theories? None of these are spoilers because they are only theories, but people are suggesting that Joel is dead (and is a figment of Ellie's imagination in the trailer - and she's looking to avenge him), that she's pregnant (due to an "Easter egg" in Uncharted 4 where there's a poster that looks like Ellie, pregnant, but with a mask on).

Anyway - there's no release date yet but most are saying 2018.

EDIT 31/10/2017 - New Trailer

EDIT 12/06/2017- Gameplay Trailer

I can't wait!! I've beat the first one at least 6 times now. F*cking love it! And I'm really good at not spoiling myself with previews and stuff like that. Literally won't see anything until I'm playing it.

10 hours ago, Kisuke said:

I want this thread and i deserve this thread :cm:

Well I mean I don't really care lol - it was announced months ago you certainly could have, haha. But yeah - from that trailer where it looks like (these are just my thoughts from the trailer)

Ellie has just killed a bunch a fireflies, I'm guessing they killed Joel or something and now she's gonna hunt them down. However there must be more to it than that - what is her drive now? Is her pregnancy true? Was she raped or something like that? That'd be a damn touchy story - but the original game is done with such class and good taste, that it's hard to imagine it'd be done shoddily. Naughty God would never.

I'm obsessed with The Last of Us multiplayer right now - even though I SUUUCCKK! It's so good.

1 hour ago, Reinvention said:

I'm obsessed with The Last of Us multiplayer right now - even though I SUUUCCKK! It's so good.

It's still alive? Hmmm.

1 hour ago, Luder said:

It's still alive? Hmmm.

Yep! It's active. God I'm later than a *****'s period to discovering the whole game - but ugh I live. Watched the whole TLOU2 PSX talk thing when they announced the game. My GOD the audience was HYPED.

I doubt Joel is dead.. what would be the point? The reason the game is so touching is because you have 2 characters who care for each other.

19 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Yep! It's active. God I'm later than a *****'s period to discovering the whole game - but ugh I live. Watched the whole TLOU2 PSX talk thing when they announced the game. My GOD the audience was HYPED.

Don't get yourself too hyped because TLOU 2 is probably still some time off.

:laugh:

I tried the multi today with a friend and got completely destroyed by some other pre-made. Feels bad!

22 hours ago, Ressti said:

I doubt Joel is dead.. what would be the point? The reason the game is so touching is because you have 2 characters who care for each other.

Well as stated by the game makers, the first game was about love, and this game is about hate, so I suspect Ellie is pissed at either Joel for

lying to her, or the fireflies for killing Joel. Plus there's those weird shakes of Ellie's hands in the trailer that Ellie's voice actress (can't remember anyone's names) said were shaking "for reasons") so you can assume something is happening to her as a result of the virus, or as a result of something done to her. So nonetheless I wouldn't be surprised if Joel and Ellie aren't happy campers. It would be awful for them not to be thick as thieves, but I think TLOU2 is not at all gonna be a happy story. That being said, it was their connection that built the entire first game so to not have that would be pretty wild.

I'm sort of pissed that they're even making this game. TLOU was such a classic game, I wish they could have just created that one perfect game and left it. Plus, while I think ND are great storytellers (probably the best in the industry), I felt like UC4 had a lot of story issues. 

10 hours ago, Lemon Drops said:

I'm sort of pissed that they're even making this game. TLOU was such a classic game, I wish they could have just created that one perfect game and left it. Plus, while I think ND are great storytellers (probably the best in the industry), I felt like UC4 had a lot of story issues. 

You are the one having issues, dear. :gaycat2: 

jk tho :eli:

Just now, Liafen said:

You are the one having issues, dear. :gaycat2: 

jk tho :eli:

Still a great game. :eli: 

TLOU2 will slay. By the way I just read a book by Cormac McCarthy called The Road which feels eerily similar to TLOU. Same kind of post-apocalyptic need to survive between a father and son. It was very haunting, and reminded me greatly of the game. I highly recommend! Haven't seen the movie though but I've been assured it's good. 

The first game had me SNATCHED, but god it feels like it's been so long :'( I'll keep my eyes on this one

The cool thing is that there's been a similar time difference between the two game's stories as in real life for us. So it's like what's been going on since the original came out?? I'm hyped!

16 hours ago, Reinvention said:

The cool thing is that there's been a similar time difference between the two game's stories as in real life for us. So it's like what's been going on since the original came out?? I'm hyped!

Haven't thought about this one but it is cool indeed. But they have to release in 2018 so we can have the 5 year distance in both worlds. (Ellie's 18 in this and was 13, right?)

This is my favorite game ever. I can't wait, although I have to admit I am kind of nervous this will suck. But I trust Naughty Dog, so it should be okay.

I think June 2019 is the earliest this can release. They take their time and some of their team is being taken up developing Lost Legacy.

8 minutes ago, Lemon Drops said:

I think June 2019 is the earliest this can release. They take their time and some of their team is being taken up developing Lost Legacy.

Don't say that, sis. I'm hoping for Q4 2018, tbh. They can still deliver at this point. :dancehall: 

5 minutes ago, BubbleGomme said:

Don't say that, sis. I'm hoping for Q4 2018, tbh. They can still deliver at this point. :dancehall: 

:dancehall: I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. Uncharted 4 took 3 years, but they had to rework the game when Amy left so...who knows. 

Oh my god if this game doesn't come out next year. I was hoping for like a surprise release or something - but I guess games don't really do that. Can't afford the risk! Ugh I am DYING to see Ellie & Joel again. And also imagine what will happen to infected that have had the infection for years longer now - the bloaters will have become something far worse. Though in some ways that was the nice thing about the game, it didn't have corny endless bosses, just different scenarios where the infected came along. It was clever.

I literally google TLOU2 every other day but there's simply no news - just that everybody believes Joel is dead. That could be a random kinda game - if Ellie is wandering around but to remove that sense of loneliness he pops up as a vision every so often, or we just hear his voice via Ellie's imaginations. Who knows.