Lorde

Cxsey

Letemtalk
6 minutes ago, sneakyishere said:

It's not officially Winter in New Zealand, nor is it officially Summer here. Both start on the 21st of June, which means that she wasn't talking about Spring and Fall, but rather the aforementioned seasons.

She was in New Zealand talking to a New Zealand radio station.

https://www.newzealand.com/nz/seasons-in-new-zealand/

https://www.explore-new-zealand.com/new-zealand-seasons.html

https://www.tourism.net.nz/new-zealand/about-new-zealand/weather-and-climate.html

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Letemtalk

• Wonderland

• kateyoc

• 80x100

Top Posters In This Topic

sneakyishere
23 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

I don’t really understand your response? Winter is the “next” season in NZ, not Spring

Letemtalk
10 minutes ago, sneakyishere said:

I don’t really understand your response? Winter is the “next” season in NZ, not Spring

This is winter right now. Winter is the current season, at least if you asked anyone in NZ that is what they'd tell you. Perhaps she is so used to giving interviews to Americans or something, she was thinking of something else. But in NZ it's winter.

Edited by Letemtalk
sneakyishere
41 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

This is winter right now. Winter is the current season, at least if you asked anyone in NZ that is what they'd tell you. Perhaps she is so used to giving interviews to Americans or something, she was thinking of something else. But in NZ it's winter.

Okay anyways, the album is for sure coming this or next month at the latest

Likingstars

So Lorde acknowledged Solar Power sounded like this song :jonny5:Both masterpiece

Edited by Likingstars
spelling
Likingstars
15 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

Speaking of the new album, when are we expecting that one:

"In the next season"

Technically summer only starts after 6/21 so that's probably the next season she was talking about

Letemtalk
44 minutes ago, Likingstars said:

So Lorde acknowledged Solar Power sounded like this song :jonny5:Both masterpiece

That's another "Video Unavailable" for me, although I suspect it might be the one mentioned in the Zane Lowe interview.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lorde-solar-power-interview-zane-lowe-1182759/

“I wrote the song on the piano and then we realized like, this is, it sounds a lot like ‘Loaded,’” Lorde said. “It’s just one of those crazy things that like, they just were the spiritual forebears of the song. I reached out to Bobby and he was so lovely about it. And he was like, you know, these things happen. You caught a vibe that we caught years ago. And he gave us his blessing.”

Primal Scream appears to have used the key of Ab for Loaded (1990) and Solar Power appears to use E, but same V-VI-I chord progression that a lot of songs use. There are also some other elements that sound similar, but I imagine a number of songs with that progression have some of those same elements.

Likingstars
9 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

That's another "Video Unavailable" for me, although I suspect it might be the one mentioned in the Zane Lowe interview.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lorde-solar-power-interview-zane-lowe-1182759/

Primal Scream appears to have used the key of Ab for Loaded and Solar Power appears to use E, but same V-VI-I chord progression that a lot of songs use. There are also some other elements that sound similar, but I imagine a number of songs with that progression have some of those same elements.

Yes that's the song. :clap3: 

MonsterO

I just stumbled across this new YT video posted on another forum. Thought I'd share it on here, as it pretty much confirms the global warming theory. Mind blown! 

Letemtalk

Lorde got a mention here

Who says Royals isn't a rock song?

Most of the other example here are some type of rock.

Spoiler

Maybe not "Cars" and the Lionel Richie song.

Letemtalk

No performance on ‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’ on CBS tonight, but it appears she is "in LA right now" and she is coming to the Late Show to perform soon (not sure how soon).

She appears to be sitting in a room with a Kid's Choice award on the mantelpiece.

Lorde doesn't have a KCA, but perhaps someone in LA that owns the room she was being filmed in, might be a KCA winner.

No Solar Power album cover allowed on CBS. :rofl:

Not sure why she didn't perform, perhaps that was never the plan.

More info from pitchfork.

https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-lorde-discuss-solar-power-album-cover-touring-on-colbert/

Edited by Letemtalk
formatting add info

Sounds like she will perform, just not that night. 

I GOT MY TICKETS AHHH THIS IS NOT A DRILL IM ABOUT TO SOB AND MY DATE IS 4/20!!!

Letemtalk

Full interview from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Colbert: “If I had a butt like that I’d be jumping over somebody too”
Lorde: “You’ve gotta do it while you’ve got it, you know”

The Project NZ : Lorde chats future albums, her secret beach, surprising fans

22 June, 2021

Lorde - 1:25 - We've shot a whole lot of video's in the same location, so there's definitely more to come.
6:23 - I got off social media a couple of years ago ... it wasn't making me feel very good, I had an addiction... I don't know if I in good faith can require that of my fans

Jessie - 7:30 - are you trying to kill off the CD...
Lorde - 7:42 - I haven't bought or played a physical CD in many years
8:42 - because it's a digital space, I can upload anything I want, e.g. acoustic session, photos...

Jessie - 10:36 - Is this a concept album?
Lorde - 10:40 - When I was kid i remember thinking that concept album was the driest thing anyone could say about music ... I think I make concept albums

Jessie - 12:08 - Did you show your mum the album cover, before you released it?
Lorde - 12:12 - I did, she loved it.

Jessie - 12:20 - How many albums do you think you'll make?
Lorde - 12:25 - I'm kinda partial to the Tarantino school of thought, where he was like, "I'm going to make 10 movies"... and should be able to say everything I want to say in 10 ... for me that's like 40 years ... will be shocking if I get to 10 albums.

Edited by Letemtalk
formatting add info
  • 2 weeks later...
Letemtalk

More Lorde backing vocals are coming on "several tracks" on the new Clairo album 'Sling' coming on July 16th.

• 3 weeks later...

pretty sure she has been some form of blazed during every interview and appearance this era :skull: wonder if she thinks we can’t tell lmao

Charli XCX: Lorde will always have the last laugh

15 hours ago, Nemo said:

pretty sure she has been some form of blazed during every interview and appearance this era :skull: wonder if she thinks we can’t tell lmao

She might, but I've read that she gets major stage fright/anxiety attacks and takes a beta blocker before big performances.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:28 PM, 80x100 said:

She posted the full version of this same picture in her email from a few days ago.

She also added a video which shows Jack playing what appears to be an early demo of Stoned at the Nail Salon.

Edited by Letemtalk
formatting add info