Lorde

Cxsey

2 minutes ago, Dilettante said:

Oh, I recognized him some time ago and since then I've been watching your replies. He's good and handsome :gaycat4:

I remember back in like 2013 or so somebody interviewing Greta Kline (his girlfriend) asked her how it felt to date a "DIY sex icon" :toofunny2: I... don't disagree though :gaycat4: and yes his music's changed like crazy since 2009 and it's so incredible seeing the development of his music career from a teenager singing really raw, earnest angst rock to a kinda NYC rock star making synthpop. His music hits a chord with me no other artist does as often or as acutely.

OT: I'm so excited for Lorde. She's a thoughtful person, based on both her lyrics and her social media posts, and I can't wait to hear what's been on her mind since the huge success of her first album. Imagine blowing up at 16, 17. That's life-changing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Letemtalk

• Wonderland

• kateyoc

• 80x100

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Vesuvius said:

God I hope so, i just realized how much I listen to PH (like at least once a week) I need new music from her :jonny:

Yes, Slow Dance In The Cosmo is one of my favorite albums :jonny: and Pool was amazing too :jonny:

I listen to at least one song from Pure Heroine pretty much daily and I put the full album on all the time too :jonny: it's a part of my everyday existence :jonny: 

Also Slow Dance in the Cosmos is maybe my favorite album of all time and legitimately changed my life, no exaggeration. God I'll probably talk to you in depth about it sometime :sistrens: And you stan Lana too :sistrens: Pool I took a long ass time warming up to but now I love it

2 minutes ago, Dilettante said:

This makes me so excited.

JFC :jonny: I was scared about this dance pop thing at first but if she serves legendary, distraught, emotional Friday night anthems :jonny: 

2 minutes ago, dynasty said:

this omg 

i remembered getting no better free on itunes and being completely obsessed with that song

i replayed the 'ill pull the trick if i want to' part sooo many times, a true lyricist 

I remember hearing it the first time and being slain by her quick paced vocals. Rap Queen!

3 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

If she pulls off a gay club anthem this era in going to DIE

:gaycat4: I wouldn't know how to handle this :gaycat4:

if you want to get some idea what L2 MIGHT sound like i put together a spotify playlist of songs jack antonoff produced/co-wrote (there are a few songs in there he didn't produce and only co-wrote)

but like i know ella her new stuff will probably not end up sounding like anything that's already out there  :cupid:

Edited by kateyoc
4 hours ago, kateyoc said:

if you want to get some idea what L2 MIGHT sound like i put together a spotify playlist of songs jack antonoff produced/co-wrote (there are a few songs in there he didn't produce and only co-wrote)

but like i know ella her new stuff will probably not end up sounding like anything that's already out there  :cupid:

AND L2 might be more than just Jack Antonoff whom I like very much. CAN NOT WAIT.

I'm really not a fan of Jack's productions if I'm honest so I just hope Lorde can bring out a different side to him.

She's stanned hard for Dancing On My Own, Style, and Run Away With Me in recent years. :jonny4: 

She must be working with several producers, though, cause my fave Jack Antonoff is not going to serve dance pop like that. SHOOK.

@kevinnyc - for completeness, the list of Jack Antonoff songs probably needs to include Bleachers, including Entropy (with Grimes), the Strange Desire album and Terrible Thrills, Vol. 2.

I'm hoping it's not pure dance pop and I'm wondering how well dance pop would work at all these festivals she is going to be playing, where most of the acts are rock / alternative / indie pop.

Here is a new one - the twin festivals, Hurricane and Southside in Germany from 23-25 Jun.

https://www.festicket.com/de/festival/hurricane-festival-2017/

https://www.festicket.com/de/festival/southside-festival-2017/

Those dates in Germany are going to make it difficult for her to play Glastonbury and we probably have to wait a while to see the lineup for that one. Perhaps she can fly between Glastonbury and the German festivals in a day and do both?

Then she has Roskilde festival in Denmark which also has a small overlap.

I've updated the list on the first page of the thread with all the upcoming live performances we know about so far.

Edited by Letemtalk
17 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

for completeness, the list of Jack Antonoff songs probably needs to include Bleachers, including Entropy (with Grimes), the Strange Desire album and Terrible Thrills, Vol. 2.

i wanted the list to consist entirely of songs by other artists jack had worked on because i think that reflects his ability to work with other people better than his solo work - i really like the bleachers album tho so i recommend everyone to give it a listen!

by the way, i've personally never really cared for joel little's production/writing work, but i obviously LOVE what he made with ella, so i guess she'll also be able to make jack's style "likeable" lol :flower:

On 2/13/2017 at 3:30 PM, kateyoc said:

Mess. This is terrible. Jack lost his cool a long time ago 

#Pray4Lorde