Top Posters In This Topic

• Letemtalk

• Wonderland

• kateyoc

• 80x100

Vigoorian King

C'mon Jack, give us an album full of The Melting of the Suns :wanda:

Mykonos

collabs? i thought she said she wanted all of her albums 2 be solo and then do collabs on the side

Likingstars

If one of the collab is Joni Mitchell or Fiona Apple :jonny5:

aliciavikanders
On 5/4/2021 at 4:28 PM, Mykonos said:

collabs? i thought she said she wanted all of her albums 2 be solo and then do collabs on the side

People change their minds 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.d182868d95

Likingstars

When did we hear the first rumor about Melodrama? I remember Lorde saying she (almost) finished the album back in Sep/late 2016 or something. We might still be half a year from L3. :cries:

Letemtalk
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Likingstars said:

When did we hear the first rumor about Melodrama? I remember Lorde saying she (almost) finished the album back in Sep/late 2016 or something. We might still be half a year from L3. :cries:

She tweeted to an impatient fan that she had almost finished in about August 2016, but it turns out she must have been talking about the songwriting and we later learnt that she was still writing in early 2017 and it appears that Writer in the Dark and Supercut might have been late additions from around that time.

Spoiler

Since a lot of the Melodrama songs were from the period when she broke up with her ex in late 2015 and she tweeted about whispering the name of the album to her mother on what would have been new years day Jan 2016, we can guess that the main writing and producing phase (and release) must have been about 18 months.

But she has been talking about L3 progress for a while now, including her "To my friends" email in Nov 2019 telling us about Pearl:
"So I’m asking for your patience, as 2020 comes around and you start to wonder where the next record is. I have lost my boy, and I need some time to see the good again, to finish making this for you."

Her "hello you" email from May 2020 including pictures of Jack who came to work with her in a studio in Auckland.
"I started going back to the studio again in December, just for something to do, and to my surprise, good things came out."
"I can tell you, this new thing, it’s got its own colours now."

Then her "ALTERNATE REALM" email from Nov 2020
"The book is a sort of perfect precursor to this album in an abstract way"

Then there was her IG story October 2020

"Hey. Are u from New Zealand?", she posted. "I am"  :smile:

"Do it for our beautiful country and for me. And next year I'll give you something in return"

I'm expecting something this year, but if we have to wait for vinyls, then August is possible, but it could be 1-2 months later.

Edited by Letemtalk
Nick_317
4 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

She tweeted to an impatient fan that she had almost finished in about August 2016, but it turns out she must have been talking about the songwriting and we later learnt that she was still writing in early 2017 and it appears that Writer in the Dark and Supercut might have been late additions from around that time.

Hide contents

Since a lot of the Melodrama songs were from the period when she broke up with her ex in late 2015 and she tweeted about whispering the name of the album to her mother on what would have been new years day Jan 2016, we can guess that the main writing and producing phase (and release) must have been about 18 months.

But she has been talking about L3 progress for a while now, including her "To my friends" email in Nov 2019 telling us about Pearl:
"So I’m asking for your patience, as 2020 comes around and you start to wonder where the next record is. I have lost my boy, and I need some time to see the good again, to finish making this for you."

Her "hello you" email from May 2020 including pictures of Jack who came to work with her in a studio in Auckland.
"I started going back to the studio again in December, just for something to do, and to my surprise, good things came out."

"Do it for our beautiful country and for me. And next year I'll give you something in return"

I'm expecting something this year, but if we have to wait for vinyls, then August is possible, but it could be 1-2 months later.

The way she is so clear and direct to her fans:WAP:

Lorde_2018_parklife.180x180.thumb.gif.6d

Some Easter-egg-planting artists can't relate

Lorde_2018_parklife.180x180.thumb.gif.6d

Likingstars
8 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

Hide contents

Shaking :jonny5:

19SLAYty9
8 hours ago, Likingstars said:

Shaking :jonny5:

She also did that letter from the desk of a newborn adult on her birthday which was like December I think and then we had the lead 3 months later... however, melodrama wasn’t done when she wrote that letter. I don’t believe melodrama was done until a few weeks before release 

Letemtalk

Busy last few weeks for her, with her duet with Marlon Williams covering a Bruce Springsteen song and her recent DJ set. She has just received an award from ARRA AMCOS for having a song with more than 1 Billion plays, although I would have thought Royals would have passed 1 Billion plays several years ago. Perhaps it's a new award or something.

More info here:

https://apraamcos.co.nz/news/2021/may/ella-yellich-oconnor-lorde-joel-little-leroy-clampitt-and-james-wong-presented-with-their-billions-awards/

Mykonos
On 5/5/2021 at 11:48 PM, aliciavikanders said:

People change their minds 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.d182868d95

i would never

original_lifeline

the 'Going South' book shipping though :bibliahh: I guess, it repeats the Halsey's Manic vinyls 1 year delay