• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Letemtalk

• Wonderland

• kateyoc

• 80x100

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, amamoy said:

Can't wait for her new stuff, great to know she goes into new directions with her sound!

New is good.

On 1/24/2017 at 6:16 PM, WayTooHonest13 said:

You pick me up and take me home again,
Head out the window again
We're hollow like the bottles that we drain
You drape your wrists over the steering wheel,
Pulses can drive from here
We might be hollow but we're brave

-

All my fake friends and all of their noise

Complain about work
They study in business, I study the floor
And you have't stopped smoking all night

Will she top PH? stay tuned.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes she will.

Admiral Bobbery
8 minutes ago, WayTooHonest13 said:

Possibly presenting at Grammy's

Oh that would be really cool! Would give me a reason to watch.

On 2/5/2017 at 1:08 PM, Pomick209 said:

When is L2 coming?
It's been 4 years!
(Imagine it being 10 songs long)

Pure Heroine was the magic it was because there wasn't anything there that didn't need to be there. 10 songs is a nice length, I think, enough for each song to really stand out, but you can comprehensively capture a time in your life too

On 1/24/2017 at 5:16 PM, WayTooHonest13 said:

You pick me up and take me home again,
Head out the window again
We're hollow like the bottles that we drain
You drape your wrists over the steering wheel,
Pulses can drive from here
We might be hollow but we're brave

-

All my fake friends and all of their noise

Complain about work
They study in business, I study the floor
And you have't stopped smoking all night

Will she top PH? stay tuned.

Hide contents

These lyrics look beautiful written down. My expectations are very high, which has me a little scared

i think in terms of the lyrics she will 100% top PH, she has evolved and experienced so much over the past 3 years, even her tweets and facebook/tumblr posts are often more poetic than most pop songs out there lol

i am absolutely sure though that everyone who expects her to do something similar in style/aesthetic to PH will be disappointed, but exactly that type of change is what is getting me so excited for L2

ron perry (pres. of songs music publishing) says "she's taking production to a whole new level" about L2

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7685149/no-92-matt-pincus-ron-perry-power-100

this may be a reach but:

does this mean production on L2 is (almost) complete? i mean if most of the album was unfinished he couldn't tell that ella is switching things up completely

She's so mature right now. I just know that she'll do something that goes to a whole new level.

Edited by Dilettante
ultraviolence.xx

omfg i am SO ready :flame: for my eardrums to be BROKEN and my head to be SCALPED

4 hours ago, kateyoc said:

i think in terms of the lyrics she will 100% top PH, she has evolved and experienced so much over the past 3 years, even her tweets and facebook/tumblr posts are often more poetic than most pop songs out there lol

i am absolutely sure though that everyone who expects her to do something similar in style/aesthetic to PH will be disappointed, but exactly that type of change is what is getting me so excited for L2

I think this is fair. She was also seventeen (!!) when she wrote PH and everybody grows up a shitload in just a few years at that age. 

I think a new soundscape to represent a new time in her life sounds exciting. As long as the nuance and complete attention to the production is there, I'm down for a new sound

On 09/02/2017 at 3:42 AM, Dilettante said:

What are the odds she'll release new sounds for the Coachella set? :eddie:

She has the number two slot in the Sunday night lineup, so there has to be something new.

Don't think she'd be there to just do a Pure Heroine set. :rip:

On 09/02/2017 at 2:27 PM, WayTooHonest13 said:

Possibly presenting at Grammy's

Might be, but since both Ella and Jack Antonoff are in LA now, they might also be finishing the album - final mixing & mastering perhaps?

16 hours ago, kateyoc said:

ron perry (pres. of songs music publishing) says "she's taking production to a whole new level" about L2

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7685149/no-92-matt-pincus-ron-perry-power-100

this may be a reach but:

does this mean production on L2 is (almost) complete?

I hope so.

17 hours ago, Voto said:

Pure Heroine was the magic it was because there wasn't anything there that didn't need to be there. 10 songs is a nice length

I'm fine with 10 songs again, although 12-13 might be ideal.

Hopefully no filler or interludes, unless those interludes really add to the album.

13 hours ago, Voto said:

I think this is fair. She was also seventeen (!!) when she wrote PH and everybody grows up a shitload in just a few years at that age.

She was 15 when she wrote and recorded Royals and Bravado and she was 16 when she released Pure Heroine.

From Royals to L2 release will have been a quarter of her life so far.

1 hour ago, Letemtalk said:

She was 15 when she wrote and recorded Royals and Bravado and she was 16 when she released Pure Heroine.

clock me :sistrens:

Tremor Christ

I hope she evolves... Her minimalist pop music, vocal style is imitated by everyone. 

I'm ready for a more maximalist, abrasive Lorde music. It'll be very interesting.

guys, amber d (ella's makeup artist of choice) and karla welch (stylist) posted in their instagram story that they are shooting something and it is VERY likely it has something to do with ella

tumblr_inline_ol5qj5CDqN1rf7c8o_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_ol5qj5M5xN1rf7c8o_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_ol5qj6MP5E1rf7c8o_540.jpg

another instagram story of a producer involved linked to grant singer (music video director, eg: starboy, sky ferreira)

SOMETHING'S HAPPENING GUYS

4 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

She wrote about adolescents with excellency. That's my lifetime album.