Billboard Charts (March 5-11, 2017)

alexanderao

3 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

Well, given the fact TV got a significant majority of its points from streaming, 30.7 M, it's, at least for now, indeed a viral hit. Also. courts have found him guilty oF some SERIOUS crimes (sexual assualt, robbery, false imprisonment). http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7709047/kodak-black-arrested-florida. This is what BB said about TV:

Guilty? 

most rap songs are fueled by streaming. Radio doesn't support them and young ppl don't buy music as much doesn't mean it's viral lol. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FutureHive

• brianc33710

• alexanderao

• simmnfierzig

QueenofCopyPaste

Omg Bruno :jonny:

@simmnfierzig predictions? :)

23 minutes ago, PurpleQueen said:

Guilty? 

most rap songs are fueled by streaming. Radio doesn't support them and young ppl don't buy music as much doesn't mean it's viral lol. 

Guilty, or he wouldn't have one year of house arrest and five years probation. Yes, there are some actual victims of the criminal justice system due to their race. Here's the link to the information where the World Justice Project ranks the US down at #18 in judicial fairness. This is one element of my Thesis, so I've taken this form of lack of fairness in the court systems into consideration. However, this Kodak guy can't simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time on so many occasions in just the last couple of years.

EDIT: I consider the use of cannabis a victimless crime, as I think recreational marijuana should be legalized for everyone age 18 and over (and the same with alcohol, 18 and over) in the US. However, when you're already on probation and/or parole for other serious charges, there are things you have to stay away from. The courts randomly and repeatedly test those on probation and parole for drug use. Unfortunately, one of those drugs is cannabis. So he should easily understand the implications of being around marijuana when he's already in trouble for something else.

2 hours ago, FutureHive said:

allegedly*

The DNA matched, dear. He's a rapist. Makes great music, though.

28 minutes ago, PurpleQueen said:

i spy is very in offensive lmao. 

i dont like that song. i dont like Kyle.

but i support Lil Yachty in all his endeavors

29 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

Well, given the fact TV got a significant majority of its points from streaming, 30.7 M, it's, at least for now, indeed a viral hit. Also. courts have found him guilty oF some SERIOUS crimes (sexual assualt, robbery, false imprisonment). http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7709047/kodak-black-arrested-florida. This is what BB said about TV:

"Kodak Black blasts 27-8 on the Hot 100 with "Tunnel Vision," his first top 10 on the chart. The track, whose politically charged video arrived Feb. 16, pushes 5-3 on Streaming Songs, up 65 percent to 30.7 million U.S. streams. It zooms 7-2 on the Hot Rap Songs chart and, as on the Hot 100, becomes the rapper's first top 10 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (12-4)." http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7710297/hot-100-chainsmokers-three-songs-top-ten-ed-sheeran-number-one

If TV was not a "viral sensation," it wouldn't be stuck in the 40s on ITunes, and have so little airplay at its core formats, Urban & Rhythmic, that it can't break the Top 50 on either of them. Also, given the fact the video portrays him as a victim, when he's clearly committed some serious crimes (that more people will found out about with him having reached the Top 10 on the BB Hot 100), I doubt many people will sympathize with and/or offer him any serious support. Honestly, it would be a shame if they did.

he wont be able to perform on Ellen or watever but his fanbase won't take a hit

Edited by FutureHive

55 minutes ago, Jeiboy said:

Everytime an urban male artist goes #1 or Top 10..the fumes come in right away here

I wonder why :-x

Some of these songs are just... bad? And they're big just because of a viral factor. Some others instead are good (Black Beatles, most of Abel, Future & Drake songs, etc) and the most of ATRL (at least here in the charts section) has no problems with them.

2 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

he wont be able to perform on Ellen or watever but his fanbase won't be accepted

Yeah...According to Atlantic Records in the BB 28 Feb 17 article about Kodak, his entire tour is in question right now.

3 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

Some of these songs are just... bad? And they're big just because of a viral factor. Some others instead are good (Black Beatles, most of Abel, Future & Drake songs, etc) and the most of ATRL (at least here in the charts section) has no problems with them.

subjective

2 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

B&B was bad lol, though I like BB, the Weekend (yes, I always spell this out properly, because artists using the wrong spelling for a word is one of my personal pet peeves), and most Drake songs. I don't know enough about Future to make any comments about him.

5 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

B&B was bad lol, though I like BB, the Weekend (yes, I always spell this out properly, because artists using the wrong spelling for a word is one of my personal pet peeves), and most Drake songs. I don't know enough about Future to make any comments about him.

This is just false... 

and yikes

7 minutes ago, lemonade. said:

This is just false... 

and yikes

One of my favorite bands is Staind, and I spell out that band's name properly too, Stained. So I'm not racist lol. I am finishing my Master's in Mass Communication though, and typos bug me. Since Word insists I put the "e" on the names of both acts, I follow what's gramatically correct. :)

40 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

Why do only hip hop songs go viral? Could a pop song go viral for once? :toofunny2:

OT: Yay for The Chainsmokers having 3 songs in the top 10. I'm hoping Rihanna can sneak just ONE week in the top 5, but I doubt it will happen. Pretty good week. :party:

All about that bass was viral

1 hour ago, Jeiboy said:

Omg Bruno :jonny:

@simmnfierzig predictions? :)

Not without kworb numbers :katie:

Tomorrow

6 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

I meant this year, but you're correct.

All About That Bass was also one of only four songs released in 2014 to sell more than five million downloads though. Uptown Funk is 7.6+ M, AATB is 5.6+ M, Thinking Out Loud is at 5.4+ M, and Shake It Off is close to 5.2 M. Considering how symmetrically balanced AATB was, I'm not sure why anyone would call it a "viral [only]" hit. BB was fairly well balanced (though streaming was undoubtedly its strongest metric), but B&B's performance is skewed heavily toward streaming (not Top 10 at airplay, and sales are only around 600k).

2 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

Everytime an urban male artist goes #1 or Top 10..the fumes come in right away here

I wonder why :-x

There are more people here fuming for Ed's success and he's white and sings pop music.

Edited by Green

QueenofCopyPaste
2 minutes ago, Green said:

There are more people here fuming for Ed's success and he's white and sings pop music.

Thats a one person/ time moment though...

The fact that Future would've had a #1 a second week in a row regardless :heart2: 

Closer lasting this long. Some serious longevity. Well deserved 

1 minute ago, Fever said:

The fact that Future would've had a #1 a second week in a row regardless :heart2: 

Closer lasting this long. Some serious longevity. Well deserved 

Yeah. Only losing around 1/2 its consumption units after a #1 debut is rather remarkable. Most albums lose around 2/3, and lately some titles have lost closer to 90%. However, there's also the possibility that since some his fans had heard he was releasing in back to back weeks they waited until this week to buy both at once.

Chainsmokers,Ed and even JT holding up on top :fan: ATRL truly lost

me when people are saying the fumes only come for urban artists when the chainsmokers/ed sheeran are the two most hated artists atm on atrl

31 minutes ago, Rawr said:

me when people are saying the fumes only come for urban artists when the chainsmokers/ed sheeran are the two most hated artists atm on atrl

clock dem

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Wait, is Katy really out of the Top 10? :skull:

Gaga didnt event chart within the top 10 with her lead and dropped after 1 week with Million reasons. :dies:

I wonder how many copies did Desperado sell last week and will it debut on hot 100 or not?