• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FutureHive

• brianc33710

• alexanderao

• simmnfierzig

1 hour ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Consistent in sales, rising quite a lot in audio streams this week, still rising on radio. Are y'all gonna ask this everytime it goes up 1 spot on the hot 100? :ace:

It's been top 20 in sales for like 3 months, selling ~35k every week, it's almost top 20 on Youtube US and this week it's getting 550k daily streams on Spotify US (compared to 300k daily streams last week). It's smashing on radio bc it has good callout scores.

i know right...everyone asks this every week...LOTB has people SHOOK

1 hour ago, alexanderao said:

Yeah all of their 1st-3rd singles recently have been really big.

Moves Like Jagger #1 for 3 weeks (lead)

Payphone #2 (2nd)

One More Night #1 for 9 weeks (3rd)

Maps #6 (lead)

Animals #3 (2nd)

Sugar #2 (3rd)

Don't Wanna Know #6 (lead?)

The thing is that they all felt like #1s to me because of how much I heard them on radio :toofunny3: 

Maybe with the exception of DWK, these all felt huge, I agree! I swear Sugar was number 1 for ages.

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

How did you solve it?

Haven't found a few to update my sig in the last week...

Found out 3 of themes have problems-Grayscale,Absolute and Sublime. any other will work fine

1 minute ago, NEZ said:

yeah but do we really need to see cheap thrills, closer and dont let me down lingering in the lower regions of the hot 100 for more than a year. those songs going recurrent dont take away from their success. 

We absolutely do. Again, I don't understand why a song should not be #70 on a popularity chart if it is the 70th most popular song. :michael: It just goes against logic imo.

11 minutes ago, Capruni said:

SOY at #1 with 700 points, OMG, since i remember, It is more prediction points than Adele's Hello when it was on hot 100's #1 spot, such a massive hit, It's def getting more than 10 weeks at #1

Hello had like 2k points tho :rip: 

2 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

We absolutely do. Again, I don't understand why a song should not be #70 on a popularity chart if it is the 70th most popular song. :michael: It just goes against logic imo.

because the charts could become incredibly stagnant. the recurrent rules make the hot 100 more fresh. its bad enough the top 10 can get really stagnant at times. 

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

5 Love On The Brain        250  (+1)

:dancehall:

5 minutes ago, Jeiboy said:

With those points, Ed is coming for Mariah's wig :weeps: 

somebody is always coming for her wig.:devil:

i wouldnt start worrying until like week 12 or something like that. we go through this every single time a song dominates the charts for a few weeks. some new song will come along out of nowhere like always and end ed's run. it happens every time. it will probably be some big artists lead single or it could even be a complete nobody that comes out of nowhere. 

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, NEZ said:

somebody is always coming for her wig.:devil:

i wouldnt start worrying until like week 12 or something like that. we go through this every single time a song dominates the charts for a few weeks. some new song will come along out of nowhere like always and end ed's run. it happens every time. it will probably be some big artists lead single or it could even be a complete nobody that comes out of nowhere. 

who and who? :dancehall2: 

4 minutes ago, NEZ said:

because the charts could become incredibly stagnant. the recurrent rules make the hot 100 more fresh. its bad enough the top 10 can get really stagnant at times. 

That may be annoying, but if it's an accurate reflection of popularity, that's the way the chart should be.

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

11 Closer        211  (-1)

Out of the top 10. The time has finally come, yas!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, alexanderao said:

If anything, they need to get rid of their dumb recurrent rules :chick3: 

**** yeah! Make it like the UK where Mr. Brightside has 110 weeks on chart because of streaming. I mean, it is old, sure, but if people are listening to it enough for it to chart it gotta mean something :dancehall3:

Just now, Jeiboy said:

you never know with these things. like i said though. if it was like week 12 or something then maybe we can start having this discussion. we went through it with, uptown funk, one dance, closer. i think at one point people even though black beatles was coming for her record.:dies:

some pop girl will probably surprise release, like pink or taylor and block him. or even rihanna with R9's lead single. or like i said we can get some new artist come out of nowhere with the song of the summer. 

700 fking points

someone should make a chart with most points

1. 1000something Adele Hello
  2. something Adele Hello
  3. something Adele hello
  4. Ed

@simmnfierzig?

Edited by UNNAMI

3 minutes ago, Jeiboy said:

Eminem is coming.

inb4 another Rih collab :rip: 

We also have upcoming Miley,P!nk,Kelly,JT, more

1 minute ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

**** yeah! Make it like the UK where Mr. Brightside has 110 weeks on chart because of streaming. I mean, it is old, sure, but if people are listening to it enough for it to chart it gotta mean something :dancehall3:

see now that to me is ridiculous. 110 weeks for a song that came out last decade. yeah i think i definitely prefer the hot 100 the way it is.

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, Letters From Adi said:

Eminem is coming.

inb4 another Rih collab :rip: 

We also have upcoming Miley,P!nk,Kelly,JT, more

These have poor streaming powers :jonny::dancehall2: 

Ed's gonna lock 10 weeks at #1 for sure.

4 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Out of the top 10. The time has finally come, yas!

giphy.gif

What no. I have it at #10. Why did nobody tell me that I messed up the numbers. 

Fixed

4 minutes ago, NEZ said:

see now that to me is ridiculous. 110 weeks for a song that came out last decade. yeah i think i definitely prefer the hot 100 the way it is.

How come?! Like @alexanderao said, the hot 100 measures popularity. If Mr. Brightside is popular on streaming, it will appear on the chart. It seems fair to me :michael:

Besides, it doesn't even chart higher than the 70s region so it is not like anyone cares. Like another user said: "Nobody gives a damn about who charts on 100 - 60 anyway"

Edited by Fa1x intelectual

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

What no. I have it at #10. Why did nobody tell me that I messed up the numbers. 

Fixed

That was super mean.

Only 1 point different so hopefully IFIC can push it down to #11.

Can't believe That's What I Don't Like is going to hit No. 2 next week.

Why America? Why?

I hope Tunnel Vision blocks Bruno from the No. 1

Edited by Curly

9 minutes ago, Curly said:

Can't believe That's What I Don't Like is going to hit No. 2 next week.

Why America? Why?

I hope Tunnel Vision blocks Bruno from the No. 1

Ed will block Bruno and Tunnel Vision

Edited by UNNAMI

I think the 2 weeks Shape of You spent at #2 behind Bad and Boujee really hurt its #1 run on the chart. I can't possibly see more than 11-12 weeks for it.

Edited by mike3009

Oh My God, praying so hard for "Closer", can't believe it's almost 8 months, that sh*t is crazy :alexz:

9 Rockabye        214  (+15)

I'm rooting for this to happen :duca::duca::duca:

24 Bad Things        167 (-9)  

Well damn, I knew it wouldn't have very good longevity, but I didn't expect it to be THIS bad :deadbanana3: