Ricky Martin's Biggest Billboard Hits

Green

11 minutes ago, hot mess said:

ricky was the one selling out stadiums with his tour and was named billboard's biggest male the previous year. christina was being overshadowed by a certain other female and selling a christmas album.

V2UvJv9.gif

And, yet, Ms. Aguilera was the Billboard Top Female Artist of the Year. So much for being overshadowed by her runner-ups! Meanwhile, Ricky was nowhere to be seen on the male artists list, and not even on the Latin artists one (while Christina Aguilera was there too). So much for being a superstar supporting a poor girl's fledging career!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hot mess

• tombiz

• igninton

• Shakishaki

3 minutes ago, tombiz said:

And, yet, Ms. Aguilera was the Billboard Top Female Artist of the Year. So much for being overshadowed by her runner-ups! Meanwhile, Ricky was nowhere to be seen on the male artists list, and not even on the Latin artists one (while Christina Aguilera was there too). So much for being a superstar supporting a poor girl's fledging career!

ricky was the top male artist of 1999. why would he be on either 2000 list when his era began in early 1999?

regardless, he was selling stadiums to support the album (which was still selling) in 2000. did xtina play any stadiums then hmmmm

shw was so good, just like enrique, when they did latin songs and ballads, but the sold out to reaggeton sucked

Just now, hot mess said:

ricky was the top male artist of 1999. why would he be on either 2000 list when his era began in early 1999?

regardless, he was selling stadiums to support the album (which was still selling) in 2000. did xtina play any stadiums then hmmmm

Well, Christina's main era started in Summer 1999, so we shouldn't punish her for having longevity instead of failing to find any traction beyond her second single, I guess?

And too bad these great tour numbers didn't get him on any lists! Christina most certainly wasn't having her biggest tour ever but at least she was building a catalogue with more than three or four songs to perform for her fans? I wouldn't hold it against her.

15 minutes ago, hot mess said:

CA was way bigger than ricky's era :rip:

1 minute ago, tombiz said:

Well, Christina's main era started in Summer 1999, so we shouldn't punish her for having longevity instead of failing to find any traction beyond her second single, I guess?

And too bad these great tour numbers didn't get him on any lists! Christina most certainly wasn't having her biggest tour ever but at least she was building a catalogue with more than three or four songs to perform for her fans? I wouldn't hold it against her.

ricky already had a catalogue of hits. he made his debut in 1984 :toofunny3: 

and he did make billboard's list of top tours that year. in fact, his north america gross alone for that tour outgrossed xtina's biggest international total gross from her 2007 tour :toofunny3: 

19 minutes ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

:rip:the Xtina v. Ricky Martin showdown. 

let's just leave it at this

1 billion and counting

1.5 billion

15 million

25 million

SUCK IT

giphy.gif

Edited by hot mess

4 minutes ago, hot mess said:

ricky already had a catalogue of hits. he made his debut in 1984 :toofunny3: 

and he did make billboard's list of top tours that year. in fact, his north america gross alone for that tour outgrossed xtina's biggest international total gross from her 2007 tour :toofunny3: 

Yeah, you're right! He had so many hits! Maybe that's why a #65 that spent as much time on the entire chart as "Genie in a Bottle"'s run on #1 alone was included on the OP list.

And no, it didn't. Ricky's US tour grossed 36.3 million, per this receipt. Christina might not be the biggest touring act ever, but she did more than that based only on available receipts.

52 minutes ago, hot mess said:

ricky has two 1 billion videos (soon 3)

demi and gaga have zero

giphy.gif

That's only because 90% of his views come from Latin America, and y'all don't use digital sales or Spotify there. That's why Shakira has so many views too. Let's not. :toofunny3: 

7 minutes ago, tombiz said:

Yeah, you're right! He had so many hits! Maybe that's why a #65 that spent as much time on the entire chart as "Genie in a Bottle"'s run on #1 alone was included on the OP list.

And no, it didn't. Ricky's US tour grossed 36.3 million, per this receipt. Christina might not be the biggest touring act ever, but she did more than that based only on available receipts.

um... this list is for the hot 100, which is the US. brush up on your geography skills

speaking of geography skills, that's the gross for US alone. i said north america, which was $51 million. xtina's international gross for any tour hasn't reached that that let alone north america.

receipts via billboard: https://books.google.com/books?id=Pg8EAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=cs&source=gbs_v2_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=true

3 minutes ago, igninton said:

That's only because 90% of his views come from Latin America, and y'all don't use digital sales or Spotify there. That's why Shakira has so many views too. Let's not. :toofunny3: 

latin america alone cannot push a video to 1 billion. those songs were hits in european countries that use spanish songs. and spotify is relatively used, which is why both songs have 100+ streams on there. regardless, those songs are hits unlike any xtina song since 2007.

and shakira is infinitely bigger than xtina :toofunny3: 

18 hours ago, Soviet Youth said:

Wow. I thought María and Copa de La Vida were huge hits in the USA like in Europe and South America

The live performance of Cup of life at the Grammys is what kickstarted his career the definition of an iconic performance. The whole crowd gave him a standing ovation :jonny: 

8 minutes ago, hot mess said:

um... this list is for the hot 100, which is the US. brush up on your geography skills

speaking of geography skills, that's the gross for US alone. i said north america, which was $51 million. xtina's international gross for any tour hasn't reached that that let alone north america.

receipts via billboard: https://books.google.com/books?id=Pg8EAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=cs&source=gbs_v2_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=true

Didn't manage to find that bit of info on the receipt, but I believe you, as it was probably broken down on two financial years on Billboard (36.6 being 2000's part of the tour). But it still doesn't make him any bigger than Christina. I'm sorry.

Didn't manage to find that bit of info on the receipt, but I believe you, as it was probably broken down on two financial years on Billboard (36.6 being 2000's part of the tour). But it still doesn't make him any bigger than Christina. I'm sorry.

i don't think the RM era is bigger than CA after seeing the receipts, but overall, yes IMO

ricky has the longer career and more impressive accomplishments (opening the doors for latin america's stars to cross over) and stronger current stats

2 minutes ago, hot mess said:

i don't think the RM era is bigger than CA after seeing the receipts, but overall, yes IMO

ricky has the longer career and more impressive accomplishments (opening the doors for latin america's stars to cross over) and stronger current stats

Too bad that longer career and more impressive accomplishments didn't give him more than a #65 to round up his US hits list. But to each their own, I guess.

BFmkpJr.gif

Just now, tombiz said:

Too bad that longer career and more impressive accomplishments didn't give him more than a #65 to round up his US hits list. But to each their own, I guess.

BFmkpJr.gif

thankfully the world isn't just the US as evidenced by ricky's more recent hits versus xtina's

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, hot mess said:

thankfully the world isn't just the US as evidenced by ricky's more recent hits versus xtina's

giphy.gif

Yeah. Anyway, I'd still have the US over Bolivia any day. But I respect those who think otherwise.

BFmkpJr.gif

Just now, tombiz said:

Yeah. Anyway, I'd still have the US over Bolivia any day. But I respect those who think otherwise.

BFmkpJr.gif

bolivia can't get a song to reach 1 billion streams

and clearly xtina doesn't have anyone on her side looking at those 15 million streams

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, igninton said:

USA is Shakira's 2nd most viewed country on her YouTube channel by the way.

1 minute ago, hot mess said:

bolivia can't get a song to reach 1 billion streams

and clearly xtina doesn't have anyone on her side looking at those 15 million streams

giphy.gif

Her next video might not even get a tenth of that and she'd still be better and bigger. She's good. I'm good. You good?

BFmkpJr.gif

3 minutes ago, Shakishaki said:

USA is Shakira's 2nd most viewed country on her YouTube channel by the way.

and xtina is nowhere to be seen in most viewed females

Just now, tombiz said:

Her next video might not even get a tenth of that and she'd still be better and bigger. She's good. I'm good. You good?

BFmkpJr.gif

her next video will probably get less than a tenth of that, which is further evidence that she's not bigger or better except in ur delusional mind

welcome to the real world

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, hot mess said:

her next video will probably get less than a tenth of that, which is further evidence that she's not bigger or better except in ur delusional mind

welcome to the real world

giphy.gif

Because YouTube views are the be-all and end-all of music quality. OK.

BFmkpJr.gif

Because YouTube views are the be-all and end-all of music quality. OK.

BFmkpJr.gif

we're talking about bigger/popularity, not quality

regardless, ricky's last album is better in quality than lotus (haven't heard the new one)

giphy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.