Ricky Martin's Biggest Billboard Hits

Green

Here Are Ricky Martin's Top 10 Hits in Celebration of 60 Years of the Billboard Hot 100

ricky-martin-jkla-billboard-1548.jpg

This week, Billboard is celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and Ricky Martin is one of the Latin artists who has managed to score many songs on the prestigious chart. 

See Ricky Martin’s top 10 hits on the Hot 100:

10. “I Don’t Care” - Ricky Martin feat. Fat Joe & Amerie (peaked at No. 65 on Oct. 29, 2005)

9. “Private Emotion” - Ricky Martin feat. Meja (peaked at No. 67 on March 3, 2000)

8. “Tal Vez” (peaked at No. 74 on May 31, 2003)

7. “Maria” (peaked at No. 88 on Oct. 5, 1996)

6. “Cup of Life” (peaked at No. 45 on Aug. 7, 1999)

5. “Shake Your Bon-Bon” (peaked at No. 22 on Feb. 12, 2000)

4. “She Bangs” (peaked at No. 12 on December 2, 2000)

3. “Nobody Wants to Be Lonely” - Ricky Martin & Christina Aguilera (peaked at No. 13 on Feb. 24, 2001)

2. “She’s All I Ever Had” (peaked at No. 2 on Sept. 2, 1999)

1. “Livin' La Vida Loca” (spent five weeks at No. 1, starting Sept. 25, 1999)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hot mess

• tombiz

• igninton

• PrinceMichaelFan

14 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Flop. Enrique though :celestial6:

please

ricky paved the way for his crossover, ricky sold more albums, ricky can still out arena/stadiums on his own, ricky didn't trend hop onto reggaeton

14 hours ago, AlDiLa said:

This didnt age well.

bella is way better

Just now, hot mess said:

please

ricky paved the way for his crossover, ricky sold more albums, ricky can still out arena/stadiums on his own, ricky didn't trend hop onto reggaeton

bella is way better

Drag me. :jonny5: 

So basically Livin La Vida Loca is his only hit?

We been knew this Billboard.

1 minute ago, igninton said:

wrong

she's all i ever had was a huge hit (almost hit #1 but got blocked)

and both maria and the cup of life charted for 2+ years

Just now, hot mess said:

wrong

she's all i ever had was a huge hit (almost hit #1 but got blocked)

and both maria and the cup of life charted for 2+ years

Let me refrain:

So only Livin La Vida Loca and the follow up single were hits?

We been knew Billboard.

Just now, igninton said:

Let me refrain:

So only Livin La Vida Loca and the follow up single were hits?

We been knew Billboard.

wrong

nobody wants to be lonely was a hit too (peaked low because no physical release) and got to #13 through airplay only

and if a song charts for 2+ years, i would call it a hit so the cup of life and maria qualify

see: danza kuduro, which never charted high either, but got a 5x platinum digital certification

FYI most of his other songs are in spanish so not surprising that they won't chart high and neither would menudo's songs

1 minute ago, hot mess said:

wrong

nobody wants to be lonely was a hit too (peaked low because no physical release) and got to #13 through airplay only

and if a song charts for 2+ years, i would call it a hit so the cup of life and maria qualify

see: danza kuduro, which never charted high either, but got a 5x platinum digital certification

FYI most of his other songs are in spanish so not surprising that they won't chart high and neither would menudo's songs

Let me refrain:

So only Livin La Vida Loca, the follow-up single to that massive hit and the little ft. he did with the superstar at the time, Christina Aguilera, were hits.

Just now, igninton said:

Let me refrain:

So only Livin La Vida Loca, the follow-up single to that massive hit and the little ft. he did with the superstar at the time, Christina Aguilera, were hits.

ricky was the superstar then, which is why xtina collabed wih him

and nope, maria and the cup of life are still iconic hits

2 minutes ago, hot mess said:

Nobody Wants To Be Lonely was released in 2001, by that time Christina had already had 3 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 and her album had sold more than all of Ricky's albums combined. Chile please... who was the superstar then?

23 minutes ago, igninton said:

Nobody Wants To Be Lonely was released in 2001, by that time Christina had already had 3 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 and her album had sold more than all of Ricky's albums combined. Chile please... who was the superstar then?

what? :toofunny3: 

christina's debut was certified at 8 million over one year after its release, while ricky's last certifiction was a few months after its release at 7 million. not much of a difference, especially considering columbia never pushed to certify after that. moreover, ricky's previous album (in spanish btw) was certified 1 million by the RIAA also. that's already equal and does not include any other of ricky's albums solo or in menudo and doesn't even include international sales.

let's also remind you that ricky actually got hit in the streaming era unlike any of your faves despite having the advantage of english singles and more recent hits

13 hours ago, hot mess said:

what? :toofunny3: 

christina's debut was certified at 8 million over one year after its release, while ricky's last certifiction was a few months after its release at 7 million. not much of a difference, especially considering columbia never pushed to certify after that. moreover, ricky's previous album (in spanish btw) was certified 1 million by the RIAA also. that's already equal and does not include any other of ricky's albums solo or in menudo and doesn't even include international sales.

let's also remind you that ricky actually got hit in the streaming era unlike any of your faves despite having the advantage of english singles and more recent hits

7M is still less than 8M, her next album sold over 4M, while his sold 1,8M and it kept going downhill, let's not talk about Ricky's hits after 2001, cause he has none. 

And huh? honey I stan Demi Lovato, who was the most streamed female artist in Spotify in late 2017 and is the third most streamed female artist and #21 overall as I type this. Know your place, girl. :toofunny3: 

Ricky has 2 songs with over 100M streams on Spotify while Gaga has 9. What's your point about the streaming era? His streaming stats are way low for an artist debuting back then.

Edited by igninton

On 8/4/2018 at 4:07 AM, igninton said:

7M is still less than 8M, her next album sold over 4M, while his sold 1,8M and it kept going downhill, let's not talk about Ricky's hits after 2001, cause he has none. 

And huh? honey I stan Demi Lovato, who was the most streamed female artist in Spotify in late 2017 and is the third most streamed female artist and #21 overall as I type this. Know your place, girl. :toofunny3: 

Ricky has 2 songs with over 100M streams on Spotify while Gaga has 9. What's your point about the streaming era? His streaming stats are way low for an artist debuting back then.

you literally said her debut outsold his whole discography and that's a lie. now you're bring in other albums? :toofunny3: 

being the most streamed female artist in late 2017 is an accomplishment? :toofunny3: demi is a nobody compared to ricky and his career that started decades ago.

ricky actually has 3 songs with 100+ streams and will soon have 4. comparing that to gaga who debuted in the digital era is ridiculous. ricky debuted in 1984 :toofunny3: 

On 8/4/2018 at 1:07 AM, igninton said:

Let's not act like she's dominating 

On 03/08/2018 at 3:17 PM, hot mess said:

Let's pretend "She Bangs" didn't underperform in America by late 2000. Then let's pretend the album version didn't even feature Aguilera. Then let's also pretend they weren't both part of Sony Music Group and that they didn't enlist her in a desperate attempt to give the revamped second single some traction. Maybe we should also pretend the one who went against another major hit attached to his name on the next Grammy ceremony was Ricky and not Christina.

Too bad it didn't get a single release as that would've certainly pushed it into the Top 10, making it a third time for Ricky, while Christina got 3 #1's out of one single album just a few months before. But I guess you're right and Ricky was certainly the major superstar compared to Christina Aguilera, eh?

V2UvJv9.gif

Wow. I thought María and Copa de La Vida were huge hits in the USA like in Europe and South America

18 hours ago, hot mess said:

you literally said her debut outsold his whole discography and that's a lie. now you're bring in other albums? :toofunny3: 

being the most streamed female artist in late 2017 is an accomplishment? :toofunny3: demi is a nobody compared to ricky and his career that started decades ago.

ricky actually has 3 songs with 100+ streams and will soon have 4. comparing that to gaga who debuted in the digital era is ridiculous. ricky debuted in 1984 :toofunny3: 

Why are you going off topic? You said none of my faves were streaming forces and they are. Ricky is not. 

Period, set and done. 

https://i.imgur.com/KyIXN0W.gif

Cup of Life was it :jonny: 

1 hour ago, igninton said:

Why are you going off topic? You said none of my faves were streaming forces and they are. Ricky is not. 

Period, set and done. 

https://i.imgur.com/KyIXN0W.gif

ricky has two 1 billion videos (soon 3)

demi and gaga have zero

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, tombiz said:

Let's pretend "She Bangs" didn't underperform in America by late 2000. Then let's pretend the album version didn't even feature Aguilera. Then let's also pretend they weren't both part of Sony Music Group and that they didn't enlist her in a desperate attempt to give the revamped second single some traction. Maybe we should also pretend the one who went against another major hit attached to his name on the next Grammy ceremony was Ricky and not Christina.

Too bad it didn't get a single release as that would've certainly pushed it into the Top 10, making it a third time for Ricky, while Christina got 3 #1's out of one single album just a few months before. But I guess you're right and Ricky was certainly the major superstar compared to Christina Aguilera, eh?

V2UvJv9.gif

ricky was the one selling out stadiums with his tour and was named billboard's biggest male the previous year. christina was being overshadowed by a certain other female and selling a christmas album.

V2UvJv9.gif

On 8/3/2018 at 2:06 PM, igninton said:

17 hours ago, Soviet Youth said:

Wow. I thought María and Copa de La Vida were huge hits in the USA like in Europe and South America

Maria and The Cup of Life were hits here. The former charted for years despite being in Spanish and got a resurgence when it was remixed and he made his English debut. The Cup of Life didn't get a physical CD single release, but it was released to pop radio and helped sell the album.

Also, both songs were huge hits in Asia and Oceania also. Both #1 in Australia despite being in mostly Spanish. :eek: 

18 hours ago, Adonis said:

This is what happens when you try to force a gay guy to be straight. 

He was at his peak when he pretended to be straight and it was his choice. :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.