iamvladd

Adele

anti-bitch
6 hours ago, Mr. Adele said:

Remember how iconic Hometown Glory snatching #2 from SFTTR was? whew

can’t believe it has been 3 ****ing years since the discography rate :rip: it was on page 300, we are on page 2.000 now :skull: 

we shoulda known back then that there's still no album in September 2020. it's a tough pill to swallow but also predictable

crAwYSC.gif

Ichinaru19
9 hours ago, Delly said:

Because there's zero depth and nuance in that line. The whole content of My Same is a repetition of "you do this and I do that; you say this and I say that". It's a bop I agree with you on that, but lyrical wise she really showed her age there.

Unpopular opinion but "You look like a movie, you sound like a song", as cliched as some claim, made the song and one of the lyrical highlights of 25. It's no coincidence that WWWY is more remembered than all of her 25 sistrens.

crAwYSC.gif

Well I think you could potentially read more into "I prefer to sit in chairs and you prefer the floor" as who they are as individuals. The whole "You look like a movie, you sound like a song" depends on the individual to process what that means to them I guess but she could have done better IMO.

anti-bitch

This is my favorite performance of MYA. Her (i guess) sinus infection added a nice, emotional, rasp to her voice.

Edited by anti-bitch

Mr. Adele
4 hours ago, anti-bitch said:

we shoulda known back then that there's still no album in September 2020. it's a tough pill to swallow but also predictable

crAwYSC.gif

Q1 2021 I’ve been saying it for years as a joke

Cockney Cupcake
10 hours ago, anti-bitch said:

This is my favorite performance of MYA. Her (i guess) sinus infection added a nice, emotional, rasp to her voice.

The entire church sessions was so good due to the fact she had a cold :jonny5:

daydreams
12 hours ago, anti-bitch said:

Fr everyone lowkey sounds better with a cold/sinus infection. See Bey’s XO, it gave her voice that character she’s normally missing for me :jonny4:

Adele Addict

Yeah, her performances at the Church Studios were SO good. :jonny5: I agree that most singers actually do sound better when they’re sick, and it’s very true for Adele (when it’s a cold, not like when she had her vocal hemorrhages :rip:). 

Also, I LOVE the comparison you made between “When We Were Young” and the end of La La Land, @daydreams! :smitten: That’s my favorite song and one of my all-time favorite movies and you just made me appreciate that ending SO much more. :heart2: 

Cloud Traveller
On 9/15/2020 at 4:01 PM, daydreams said:

Could be for sure, I'm pretty sure the movie was cast in 2014 and filmed in 2015 when she was writing.

It literally sounds as much a theme as Skyfall, from the concept of it all occurring because of a chance spotting of someone from your past, from the "you look like a movie (she's an actress) you sound like a song (he's a musician)" to the "I swear you moved overseas" (another plot point). If it's not that she knew about it, she watches so many movies that she coincidentally wrote an eerily similar plot :laugh:

Love it! :smitten:

On 9/15/2020 at 8:01 PM, anti-bitch said:

Whatever the tempo, she needs to be sanging on it. That's what sets her apart from other talented singers, that her voice is huge and attention-grabbing.

+1!  I've been learning more about voices and vocal techniques lately because I couldn't get over the fact that I love music so much, yet I understand so little of it hahaha. So far I realized that A in fact is damn gifted (nothing new BUT) because it is easier for me to see now why her technique does her voice wrong so often. Everyone can sing with proper training, tone-deaf included if you have a couple more years to wait, but she's there doing a lot of damage inducing stuff and sounds sooooo good in comparison with other artists a lot of times. Good range, unique timbre. Being that her voice is huge, girl gotta start treating it like another child of hers and not fire vocal coaches ever again. It is not just us fans losing with unhealthily delivered performances. She's another level, the History of Music loses too. :allears:

Mr. Adele

I don’t like skyfall

daydreams
2 hours ago, Mr. Adele said:

I don’t like skyfall

I don't like how rumors of collabs on A4 with various flops keep blowing up on Twitter when all I want after these messy 5 years is 11+ tracks of pure Adele slayage.

daydreams

We're all really gonna die before we hear this album huh

Ichinaru19
22 hours ago, daydreams said:

I don't like how rumors of collabs on A4 with various flops keep blowing up on Twitter when all I want after these messy 5 years is 11+ tracks of pure Adele slayage.

Can we get 13+ songs of Adele slayage, 11 seems too little after this excruciating break :jonny:

1 hour ago, daydreams said:

We're all really gonna die before we hear this album huh

:skull: The way Trump is going to get in another nomineee... Poor US, truly going to the pits

daydreams
1 minute ago, Ichinaru19 said:

Can we get 13+ songs of Adele slayage, 11 seems too little after this excruciating break :jonny:

:skull: The way Trump is going to get in another nomineee... Poor US, truly going to the pits

I'm just hoping for one at this point, to have something to cry to as our rights disappear :skull:

Reflektor_Creep
On 9/15/2020 at 8:07 PM, anti-bitch said:

Lately I've been obsessed with this song, the lyric.:heart2:

Maddox
On 9/16/2020 at 12:07 AM, anti-bitch said:

ughh... i miss her live performances :chick3:

anti-bitch
On 9/17/2020 at 3:09 PM, Cloud Traveller said:

Everyone can sing with proper training, tone-deaf included if you have a couple more years to wait, but she's there doing a lot of damage inducing stuff and sounds sooooo good in comparison with other artists a lot of times. Good range, unique timbre. Being that her voice is huge, girl gotta start treating it like another child of hers and not fire vocal coaches ever again. It is not just us fans losing with unhealthily delivered performances. She's another level, the History of Music loses too. :allears:

The tone of voice is genetic, and she deffo won the lottery with that one. And, the head, the skull, is like an echo chamber, and she has kinda big one, so that helps there. For example, Ariana has a nice voice, but she's tiny, so the voice is naturally smaller. Teens like that, yes, but I think adults prefer Adele

Reflektor_Creep

:sistrens:

daydreams
15 hours ago, Reflektor_Creep said:

:sistrens:

When she told him "you're obsessed with me" she didn't lie... :deadbanana2:

Adele Addict

Welp, Paul Epworth is claiming he has not worked on the new album, according to this interview he did: 

In an interview with The Sunday Times newspaper, Epworth said: “Every time there’s a little bit more pressure. “It comes from the fact the first f****** thing we did was ‘Rolling in the Deep.’

“There’s more expectation from her and from me. And maybe I put pressure on myself to try and recreate it? It’s very difficult. We’d pick up the guitar and go, ‘Can’t do it.’ It feels like we’re trying to retread old ground.”

He continued: “With every creative relationship there has to be an intrinsic sense of trust, and also a desire to explore, but it’s hard to explore if time is limited.

“You’re searching for the diamond when everything’s still carbon."

And when asked if he's involved in Adele's follow-up to 2015's '25', Epworth replied: "I don’t know.

“My phone ain’t ringing!”

Depending on how the question was presented to him, “I don’t know” could just be him bluffing. All I’m saying is I’m going to be REALLY pissed if she doesn’t work with him again. I realize the album could still be great without him, but I don’t understand why she would kick her best collaborator to the curb when their collaborations are consistently career highlights for her. :rip: Paul is pretty much the one collaborator that I think all of the fans (at least us :laugh:) want her to keep working with, so she better have the greatest album of all-time up her sleeve if she’s really gonna stop working with Paul. :shakeno: 

Edited by Adele Addict

anti-bitch

oh @Adele Addict you can bet that Paul was the first person Adele went to with this A4 too, just like with what was then an early A3 in 2013. it's telling that she keeps going back to him even if it doesn't always work. i figured they were trying to recreate RITD. they need something different though

Edited by anti-bitch

anti-bitch

And the fact the Paul actually took his time and effort to produce that scrapped baby album for Adele, in spite of everyone else being against the making of it, tells a lot about his character, and is just one reason why she should never drop him.

Cockney Cupcake
3 hours ago, Adele Addict said:

Welp, Paul Epworth is claiming he has not worked on the new album, according to this interview he did: 

Depending on how the question was presented to him, “I don’t know” could just be him bluffing. All I’m saying is I’m going to be REALLY pissed if she doesn’t work with him again. I realize the album could still be great without him, but I don’t understand why she would kick her best collaborator to the curb when their collaborations are consistently career highlights for her. :rip: Paul is pretty much the one collaborator that I think all of the fans (at least us :laugh:) want her to keep working with, so she better have the greatest album of all-time up her sleeve if she’s really gonna stop working with Paul. :shakeno: 

I mean we’re talking about the same Paul ep worth who denied working on 25 a couple of months before it dropped.

If there’s one thing Paul’s gonna do is stay silent. 

daydreams
6 hours ago, Adele Addict said:

What @Cockney Cupcake said, he said "there are no clues" in January and then had two songs on it in November :toofunny3:

He also has the same management as her, so if there's any cowriter/producer that's gonna give the party line, it's him.

3 hours ago, anti-bitch said:

oh @Adele Addict you can bet that Paul was the first person Adele went to with this A4 too, just like with what was then an early A3 in 2013. it's telling that she keeps going back to him even if it doesn't always work. i figured they were trying to recreate RITD. they need something different though

3 hours ago, anti-bitch said:

And the fact the Paul actually took his time and effort to produce that scrapped baby album for Adele, in spite of everyone else being against the making of it, tells a lot about his character, and is just one reason why she should never drop him.

All of their songs together are amongst the most different in one way or another on both albums. there isn't a 'cliché Adele heartbreak ballad' in the bunch, nor a wannabe RITD :michael:

I agree, Paul has never read douche who'd spill tea and/or drop you if it benefitted him like a certain someone has prove time and again :skull:

Mr. Adele

he better be bluffing or else I will scalp that bitch

daydreams

:bibliahh: :bibliahh::bibliahh: