Praying crosses 200m streams on Spotify

bearman

Congrats to a modern classic :clap3:

Deserved :clap3:

I really do wonder why the video is struggling towards 100m when it's been doing so well on other platforms. I noticed that with a lot of hits, YouTube seems to be their worst metric.

1 minute ago, Arthoe said:

Deserved :clap3:

I really do wonder why the video is struggling towards 100m when it's been doing so well on other platforms. I noticed that with a lot of hits, YouTube seems to be their worst metric.

That has always been the case. She has never been, isn't and will never be strong on YouTube, unfortunately (at least not with her solo songs). There are several reasons: she didn't have a single solo hit in the streaming era due to her long absence, which is the reasons her subscribers stalled at 3 million for years. She is not big in Latin America, where a huge part of YouTube streams come from (and not big in Europe anymore). Her label never really invested in interesting music videos - they are all quite basic (although I love most of them) and don't really have a replay value.

Fortunately, her Spotify streams are better than her YouTube views and not bad for the situation she came from, so people have at least somewhat interest in her music, despite not in her videos.

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

That has always been the case. She has never been, isn't and will never be strong on YouTube, unfortunately (at least not with her solo songs). There are several reasons: she didn't have a single solo hit in the streaming era due to her long absence, which is the reasons her subscribers stalled at 3 million for years. She is not big in Latin America, where a huge part of YouTube streams come from (and not big in Europe anymore). Her label never really invested in interesting music videos - they are all quite basic (although I love most of them) and don't really have a replay value.

Fortunately, her Spotify streams are better than her YouTube views and not bad for the situation she came from, so people have at least somewhat interest in her music, despite not in her videos.

And in the end, Spotify streams bring more coin than YouTube ones too.

i love this hit that actually charted in the year end despite being released in the middle of the year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.