bedtimestory

The Apple Thread

Antimony
2 hours ago, Mouni9248 said:

it doesnt work on ipad air 2!

Then I suggest Adonit Styluses. Their finer point styluses can scratch, so they recommend a screen protector.

Edited by Antimony

Homewrecker
4 hours ago, Eternium said:

Are the songs illegally downloaded?

OT: When are we hitting Apple with the DEMAND that we see total playcounts for songs and our total streams for artists?

Some are songs I've ripped from cds but also some I've added through Apple Music, and a few I guess count as illegal because they are unreleased songs

Edited by Homewrecker

Mouni9248
2 hours ago, Antimony said:

Then I suggest Adonit Styluses. Their finer point styluses can scratch, so they recommend a screen protector.

thanks!

Eternium
2 hours ago, Homewrecker said:

Some are songs I've ripped from cds but also some I've added through Apple Music, and a few I guess count as illegal because they are unreleased songs

I think they purposefully disallow you from listening to illegal downloads. I'm not 100% sure. Are the songs you can't listen to normally unavailable on AM?

bedtimestory
3 hours ago, Antimony said:

I have an Adonit Jot and it’s really lovely :alexz3:

Homewrecker
24 minutes ago, Eternium said:

I think they purposefully disallow you from listening to illegal downloads. I'm not 100% sure. Are the songs you can't listen to normally unavailable on AM?

It's a mix, some are and some aren't for example EMOTION is half unplayable rn and the two bonus tracks from the Target edition will not play.

Archetype
11 hours ago, Homewrecker said:

It's a mix, some are and some aren't for example EMOTION is half unplayable rn and the two bonus tracks from the Target edition will not play.

AM doesn't block you from playing pirated music, but it does block you from playing music that was once on AM's servers and then later removed or replaced with an updated version.  Apple Music still has a lot of music matching bugs to work out, which is super annoying considering these issues have been here since Day 1.  Example: I downloaded an artist's pre-release teaser album from AM.  Months later, her album came out and the teaser sample was removed.  Those songs would not play anymore until I removed the sampler from my library and added the album.  Custom labeling also affects AM.  A few Live Gaga songs were uploaded to my AM library, but play as the studio versions on my other devices.  It's annoying.

Edited by Archetype

WillieMonroe
1 hour ago, Archetype said:

AM doesn't block you from playing pirated music, but it does block you from playing music that was once on AM's servers and then later removed or replaced with an updated version.  Apple Music still has a lot of music matching bugs to work out, which is super annoying considering these issues have been here since Day 1.  Example: I downloaded an artist's pre-release teaser album from AM.  Months later, her album came out and the teaser sample was removed.  Those songs would not play anymore until I removed the sampler from my library and added the album.  Custom labeling also affects AM.  A few Live Gaga songs were uploaded to my AM library, but play as the studio versions on my other devices.  It's annoying.

no wounder why my glory copy stopped working the day they re up it on itunes.

Homewrecker

Mess so after i posted in here and got y'alls opinions I was removing and re-adding albums and i went to check and see the tracks on this japan exclusive deluxe of an album and the iTunes link had changed stores and when i changed back to the US store all the songs that were skipping stopped doing that and play fine now.

So idk if it starts happening again I'm gonna try changing the store again and see if it remedies this.

Edited by Homewrecker

Lazuli
On 3/5/2017 at 11:47 PM, Archetype said:

but it does block you from playing music that was once on AM's servers and then later removed or replaced with an updated version.  

This is SO annoying. Especially when they remove the single version and only have the album version. I don't want to delete the track and re-add it again as it'll **** up the plays/add date etc.

But sometimes when I change the tag (change the album title from the single to the album) it sorts itself out after weeks. 

Archetype
12 minutes ago, Homewrecker said:

Mess so after i posted in here and got y'alls opinions I was removing and re-adding albums and i went to check and see the tracks on this japan exclusive deluxe of an album and the iTunes link had changed stores and when i changed back to the US store all the songs that were skipping stopped doing that and play fine now.

So idk if it starts happening again I'm gonna try changing the store again and see if it remedies this.

This is not the best idea, because as you just experienced, Apple's music and iTunes catalogue changes quite drastically from country to country.  One example I can think of is Utada Hikaru's seemingly non-existent US library, and she has two entries (Utada and Utada Hikaru).  Switch to iTunes Japan, and suddenly all of her music is there, properly labeled, under one name.

Homewrecker
11 minutes ago, Archetype said:

This is not the best idea, because as you just experienced, Apple's music and iTunes catalogue changes quite drastically from country to country.  One example I can think of is Utada Hikaru's seemingly non-existent US library, and she has two entries (Utada and Utada Hikaru).  Switch to iTunes Japan, and suddenly all of her music is there, properly labeled, under one name.

i didnt change it on purpose though, it changed because of an album i googled and when i clicked an iTunes link it changed the stores automatically, after that i changed it back to the US Store, logged back into my Apple Music account and everything suddenly worked again.

Save-Me-Oprah

Presently ripping my house apart tryna find a MicroUSB cable so I can restore my Apple TV to factory settings

mg6WLOS.gif

RiRi_Xtina15

Not sure if you guys have an answer to this.. I have an iPhone 7.. lately when i plug in my headphones it makes my phone go crazy. Siri randomly starts, or my phone call hangs up alone, music starts playing, etc.. anyone knows why? :dancehall: 

Archetype
1 minute ago, RiRi_Xtina15 said:

Not sure if you guys have an answer to this.. I have an iPhone 7.. lately when i plug in my headphones it makes my phone go crazy. Siri randomly starts, or my phone call hangs up alone, music starts playing, etc.. anyone knows why? :dancehall: 

Do your headphones have a play/pause button?  Sounds to me like it's malfunctioning.  Have you tried using different headphones?

Adonis
On 3/1/2017 at 10:58 PM, Holy Fool said:

So many cords :deadbanana2: 

WTF? I have exactly one cord so I can charge my iPhone in to charge from time to time. I don't get all these people with 47 dongles.

Jackson

new iPads better be coming out this month, I almost bought one last month  but I'm being patient 

Adonis
3 minutes ago, Jackson said:

new iPads better be coming out this month, I almost bought one last month  but I'm being patient 

They said its coming later this year with the iPhone release but there is an event scheduled for March with an iPhone release in it so maybe that's what the rumors meant.

Archetype
4 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Are you looking for an iPad Pro?

Jackson
6 minutes ago, Adonis said:

They said its coming later this year with the iPhone release but there is an event scheduled for March with an iPhone release in it so maybe that's what the rumors meant.

I read late last month that 4 new iPads are rumored to be coming out this month, but then I also saw a few days ago they might be delayed until April or May.. who knows I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Are you looking for an iPad Pro?

tbh I like the size of the mini but it's been so long since it was updated, and apparently the iPad Pro line is extending to the 7.9 inch size this year as well so I definitely want to wait. I'm buying a macbook pro this spring as well and I kinda just want something halfway between my phone and laptop 

jpow

I NEED the new iPad Pro 9.7 or 10.5 soon.  I'm getting closer and closer every day to just getting one now and I'm getting impatient 

Archetype
5 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I'm buying a macbook pro this spring as well and I kinda just want something halfway between my phone and laptop 

Hmmm, are you sure you don't want to wait until late summer/fall to buy the updated MBP?  I usually recommend buying Apple products in sync with update cycles unless you're in desperate need of a new device.

Edited by Archetype

Adonis
9 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Hmmm, are you sure you don't want to wait until late summer/fall to buy the updated MBP?  I usually recommend buying Apple products in sync with update cycles unless you're in desperate need of a new device.

I agree. If you can hold out do it. If you must purchase now. 

Jackson
11 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Are there gonna be any big new features? I know this past update cycle was a pretty big one so I wasn't really expecting this year's MBP to be anything I needed to wait for :katie: 

Maybe though, I'm very indecisive 

It's not really that I need it, but it would have been really nice to have it for this summer.

JBYRD
Just now, Jackson said:

Are there gonna be any big new features? I know this past update cycle was a pretty big one so I wasn't really expecting this year's MBP to be anything I needed to wait for :katie: 

Maybe though, I'm very indecisive 

I'd wait. There were some issues with battery life and stuff with the new one. I think they'll iron out the kinks and add better processors, features, etc!