bedtimestory

The Apple Thread

Alexanderr
3 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

Eventually they're just going to be bezel-less screens with only a logo to distinguish them :dancehall2:

I honestly wonder what the implications of shrinking bezels will be in terms of usability but especially in terms of durability :doc:

Apple is going back to stainless steel frame and glass sandwich like iphone 4 era just more fluid. I found that durable enough. 

bedtimestory
2 minutes ago, Alexanderr said:

Apple is going back to stainless steel frame and glass sandwich like iphone 4 era just more fluid. I found that durable enough. 

Ok but how do you know hunni

Archetype
3 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

The same rumor from different sources usually mean it's true (in Apple's case).  Anyway, an edge to edge display won't be any more or less durable than the current displays, because the glass front of the phone is going to remain the same size, and it's the glass, not the display itself, that cracks 99.999999% of the time.

If the back of the phone is also glass, well, that'll be easy to crack, just like the back of the 4.

Edited by Archetype

Iaintsorry
11 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

It may! A lot of pretty credible/logical rumors are saying it may only be compatible with 64-bit devices (such as the Mini 2).

Omg an insider! Spill the tea pls :coffee:

I can't spill anything, unless I want to be hunted down by the powers that be.

Iaintsorry
9 hours ago, Archetype said:

Corporate or retail?  :-* 

People should pay more attention to Apple Stores, as they really are one of Apple's most important products.

This is the SF one at night (note the enormous sliding class doors):

apple_union-square_final-hero-print.jpg

Apple-Union-Square-by-Foster-Partners-3.jpg

This one is in Hangzhou:

Img0.jpg

This is in Pudong:

Apple-Store-Pudong-Shanghai_1.jpg

Stanford:

apple-store-stanford-bohlin-cywinski-jackson-architecture-california-usa_dezeen_herob.jpg

Brussels:

1463802848144this-is-the-new-apple-store-in-brussels-from-the-outside.jpg?q=60&auto=format,compress&cs=strip&w=1680

World Trade Center (NYC)

Apple_Store_World_Trade_Center_Oculus_03_gallery.jpg

Grand Central Station

d336c9fcf1df02f3668d778267219fba.jpg

Retail, but they might as well be considered corporate as well since they pretty run in a corporate like fashion (e.g. Just look at the pictures you posted).

Alexanderr
8 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

Macrumors, 9to5mac and Ming Chi Kou are your friends. Most probably iphone 8 parts will leak this summer. 

bedtimestory
22 minutes ago, Alexanderr said:

Macrumors, 9to5mac and Ming Chi Kou are your friends. Most probably iphone 8 parts will leak this summer. 

Yeah, I’m 100% aware of those sources, but that doesn’t mean their proposed rumors are always accurate or that they necessarily come to fruition. If the release of “iPhone 8” (or whatever it may be called) does indeed signal a major design refresh, these things become significantly harder to predict.

I’m just going along with the 64-bit iOS 11 rumor because it’s totally logical.

Edited by bedtimestory
diction

DAP

I need Apple to hurry up and announce a flagship store here. Rumors have been spreading here for months now

The only stores they have here are at malls and they're storefronts are boring :cm:

Witchpop
15 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

Yeah, I’m 100% aware of those sources, but that doesn’t mean their proposed rumors are always accurate or that they necessarily come to fruition. If the release of “iPhone 8” (or whatever it may be called) does indeed signal a major design refresh, these things become significantly harder to predict.

All of those sources have accurately, if not exactly predicted what everyone phone would look like since the iPhone 5 (when I started going on Macrumors)

I remember right after the 6S was released, they had rumors that the 7 would be the same design minus the antenna bands, and voila, look what we have.

bedtimestory
4 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

All of those sources have accurately, if not exactly predicted what everyone phone would look like since the iPhone 5 (when I started going on Macrumors)

I remember right after the 6S was released, they had rumors that the 7 would be the same design minus the antenna bands, and voila, look what we have.

True but remember the Smart Connector? The “Pro”-branded iPhones? Whatever happened to those? :gaycat5:

Witchpop
1 minute ago, bedtimestory said:

True but remember the Smart Connector? The “Pro”-branded iPhones? Whatever happened to those? :gaycat5:

Well yeah, but those were about the iPhone Pro having the dual camera and the 7 and the 7 Plus being a 6Ss/6Ss+, they knew a dual camera phone was in the works with the same body as the 6S, it just happened to be the 7 Plus not the Pro

I think it'll be the same case as that, they keep saying 7S/7S+ and then the top of the line 8, but I think it's just going to be the same as that, the 8/8+ as the only new phones. We'll see though.

Alexanderr
43 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

I've been following stuff since iPhone 5 era and I can tell you they're 80% correct. And by August you'll have a concrete idea of how it will looks like and the features and the specs. 

bedtimestory
Just now, Alexanderr said:

I've been following stuff since iPhone 5 era and I can tell you they're 80% correct. And by August you'll have a concrete idea of how it will looks like and the features and the specs. 

I’ve been following since the iPhone 4; namely, when that poor drunken Apple employee left his in a bar (somewhat disguised in a 3GS-shaped case). What a time.

But yes, I agree with y’all for the most part. These cycles become increasingly predictable especially in mid- to late-summer.

Leptine

Can't wait for the iPhone 8 :duca:

Witchpop

I hope Audio Technica releases a wire for the M50X's with a lightning connector so I don't need my adapter anymore :jonny2: 

Archetype
1 hour ago, bedtimestory said:

I’ve been following since the iPhone 4; namely, when that poor drunken Apple employee left his in a bar (somewhat disguised in a 3GS-shaped case). What a time.

But yes, I agree with y’all for the most part. These cycles become increasingly predictable especially in mid- to late-summer.

Oh, the iconic Gizmodo expose on the iPhone 4.  How could anyone forget that + Apple banning Gizmodo from all future releases?:ahh:

Alexanderr
11 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

Apple destroyed Gizmodo for that. :ahh:

i bought an apple tv today and it's kinda nice

Mouni9248

can someone recommend a stylus for ipad air 2?

I wanna use it to take notes during class?

Pixel

So the Airpods are still sold out everywhere LOL. I am so glad i got mine weeks ago

Mouni9248
21 hours ago, Mouni9248 said:
21 hours ago, Mouni9248 said:

can someone recommend a stylus for ipad air 2?

I wanna use it to take notes during class?

Antimony
41 minutes ago, Mouni9248 said:

Well, Apple would recommend their "pencil", but it really depends on your budget ultimately

Homewrecker

Are any of y'all having any issues with Apple Music i s2g it's been over a month now and (ever since the most recent iOS 10.2.1.1.1.1.1 whatever update) certain songs just refused to be played by either iTunes or the Music app on my phone... 

Mouni9248
51 minutes ago, Antimony said:

Well, Apple would recommend their "pencil", but it really depends on your budget ultimately

it doesnt work on ipad air 2!

Eternium
19 minutes ago, Homewrecker said:

Are any of y'all having any issues with Apple Music i s2g it's been over a month now and (ever since the most recent iOS 10.2.1.1.1.1.1 whatever update) certain songs just refused to be played by either iTunes or the Music app on my phone... 

Are the songs illegally downloaded?

OT: When are we hitting Apple with the DEMAND that we see total playcounts for songs and our total streams for artists?