bedtimestory

The Apple Thread

Recommended Posts

geddymonster
2 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

It may! A lot of pretty credible/logical rumors are saying it may only be compatible with 64-bit devices (such as the Mini 2).

 

Omg an insider! Spill the tea pls :coffee:

My first computer was an HP PC and the hard drive crashed twice, so I have trust issues with PCs in general now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Save-Me-Oprah

Apple releasing 32-bit operating system in 2017 is kinda unlikely. Especially with the big push they're making to make devs update their crappy apps.

 

S6AVQF5.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bedtimestory
7 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Apple releasing 32-bit operating system in 2017 is kinda unlikely. Especially with the big push they're making to make devs update their crappy apps.

 

I am so ready for Apple and Google to clean out their respective app stores. ****ty outdated/spam apps are our demise

 

S6AVQF5.gif

Edited by bedtimestory
wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elusive Chanteuse

Question for Mac enthusiasts.....do u need to enable the built in firewall or is it not necessary?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oxygen

My AirPods are on their way :flower:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Hour

Those iPhone 8 leaks looking like the new Galaxy:flower: A mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jgorny
7 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Those iPhone 8 leaks looking like the new Galaxy:flower: A mess.

link me to the pictures? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holy Fool
29 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Also, I'm high-key tired of living this USB-C adapter lifestyle with my Macbook Pro

 

8217e7a02e.jpeg

 

vKup6fX.gif

So many cords :deadbanana2: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Save-Me-Oprah
6 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Question for Mac enthusiasts.....do u need to enable the built in firewall or is it not necessary?

 

It's encouraged for security's sake. If you only use your computer on your home network then your router probably has a firewall built in, so the software firewall on your computer just acts as a second barrier.

 

Definitely enable it if you're using it on a public network though. They can be a mess.

 

vKup6fX.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alexanderr
3 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Those iPhone 8 leaks looking like the new Galaxy:flower: A mess.

All flagships will look alike this year. It's kinda messy with the iPhone having S8 style screen too but I have fate with Apple's execution game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Witchpop

My matte black 7 Plus paired with the black Apple Silicone case is so ****ing nice. I love this phone. The camera still scalps me.

 

Plus pairing it with the MBP and all that :jonny3:

 

I love Android as well, but the ease of use and the ecosystem with my MBP is pretty unbeatable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bedtimestory
11 minutes ago, Alexanderr said:

All flagships will look alike this year. It's kinda messy with the iPhone having S8 style screen too but I have fate with Apple's execution game. 

Eventually they're just going to be bezel-less screens with only a logo to distinguish them :dancehall2:

I honestly wonder what the implications of shrinking bezels will be in terms of usability but especially in terms of durability :doc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adelephant 25

Macbook Air

Iphone

Apple Watch

 

S6AVQF5.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Archetype
1 hour ago, Iaintsorry said:

Ah...my place of work. 

I often feel love/hate for apple now.

Corporate or retail?  :-* 

 

People should pay more attention to Apple Stores, as they really are one of Apple's most important products.

 

This is the SF one at night (note the enormous sliding class doors):

apple_union-square_final-hero-print.jpg

Apple-Union-Square-by-Foster-Partners-3.jpg

 

This one is in Hangzhou:

Img0.jpg

 

This is in Pudong:

Apple-Store-Pudong-Shanghai_1.jpg

 

Stanford:

apple-store-stanford-bohlin-cywinski-jackson-architecture-california-usa_dezeen_herob.jpg

 

Brussels:

1463802848144this-is-the-new-apple-store-in-brussels-from-the-outside.jpg?q=60&auto=format,compress&cs=strip&w=1680

 

World Trade Center (NYC)

Apple_Store_World_Trade_Center_Oculus_03_gallery.jpg

 

Grand Central Station

d336c9fcf1df02f3668d778267219fba.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bedtimestory
28 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Corporate or retail?  :-* 

 

People should pay more attention to Apple Stores, as they really are one of Apple's most important products.

 

This is the SF one at night (note the enormous sliding class doors):

apple_union-square_final-hero-print.jpg

Apple-Union-Square-by-Foster-Partners-3.jpg

 

This one is in Hangzhou:

Img0.jpg

 

This is in Pudong:

Apple-Store-Pudong-Shanghai_1.jpg

 

Stanford:

apple-store-stanford-bohlin-cywinski-jackson-architecture-california-usa_dezeen_herob.jpg

 

Brussels:

1463802848144this-is-the-new-apple-store-in-brussels-from-the-outside.jpg?q=60&auto=format,compress&cs=strip&w=1680

 

World Trade Center (NYC)

Apple_Store_World_Trade_Center_Oculus_03_gallery.jpg

 

Grand Central Station

d336c9fcf1df02f3668d778267219fba.jpg

Ugh, yyees. Their next-generation store concept is everything :alexz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
666

i've had the new 13" mbp in space grey since january :jamming:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Antimony

It's probably just me with a few, but I'm let down by the MBP. Like why would they include a headphone jack they just shaded a few months ago? On top of that, they made all the ports USB-C, but made the iPhone cable, USB 2.0 (3.0?). Tragic

Edited by Antimony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Archetype
1 hour ago, bedtimestory said:

Ugh, yyees. Their next-generation store concept is everything :alexz:

I know, everything is so thoughtfully designed while still maintaining a really attractive and clean appeal.  The wooden tables now have touch-sensitive areas that flip small cut-outs of the table to reveal electric plugs.  Even the scent of an Apple store is carefully regulated and controlled.

 

6 minutes ago, Antimony said:

It's probably just me with a few, but I'm let down by the MBP. Like why would they include a headphone jack they just shaded a few months ago? On top of that, they made all the ports USB-C, but made the iPhone cable, USB 2.0 (3.0?). Tragic

The "Pro" name warrants the inclusion of a headphone jack, as no serious creative professional would be caught dead working over bluetooth.  The iPhone 8 is rumored to have a USB C port instead of the existing thunderbolt port, which means the cable will also be USB C.  The only issue I currently have is the lack of high speed USB 3.0 connection with the 12.9" iPad Pro.  It HAS 3.0 built in, yet if you use a lightning to 3.0 cable, you only get 2.0 speeds.  It's annoying to see them intentionally choose 3.0 over 2.0 on the iPad, yet slow it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bedtimestory
8 minutes ago, Archetype said:

The only issue I currently have is the lack of high speed USB 3.0 connection with the 12.9" iPad Pro.  It HAS 3.0 built in, yet if you use a lightning to 3.0 cable, you only get 2.0 speeds.  It's annoying to see them intentionally choose 3.0 over 2.0 on the iPad, yet slow it down.

Another glaring issue: non-removable (like, wtf?) storage on every model except for, ironically, the 13-inch sans Touchbar. How exactly does this qualify as a “Pro” machine if you can’t even replace its main internal storage if necessary?

 

Edited by bedtimestory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Antimony
9 minutes ago, Archetype said:

The "Pro" name warrants the inclusion of a headphone jack, as no serious creative professional would be caught dead working over bluetooth.  The iPhone 8 is rumored to have a USB C port instead of the existing thunderbolt port, which means the cable will also be USB C.  

I know, but shading it and then releasing a computer with it is going to tick a lot of consumers off. It was a month and a half apart.

 

Yeah, I know the iPhone 8 will. I'm excited for it. 

Edited by Antimony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Archetype
1 minute ago, bedtimestory said:

Another glaring issue: non-removable (like, wtf?) storage on every model except for, ironically, the 13-inch sans Touchbar

You're talking to someone who bought Apple's very first laptop with non-removable storage.  It sucks, but you learn to live with it if you, as Apple hopes (!!!!), spend hundreds more to upgrade the baseline config.  

 

1 minute ago, Antimony said:

I know, but shading it and then releasing a computer with it is going to tick a lot of consumers off. It was a month a part.

 

Yeah, I know the iPhone 8 will. I'm excited for it. 

Did they shade USB C at the iPhone 7 launch?  I must have missed it.  Apple has traditionally been very reluctant to update the ports on iOS devices, meanwhile, they are overly excited to switch every single port on MacBooks as soon as new tech arrives.  On iOS, you think about building an ecosystem of accessories, chargers, etc that you can share with others and not worry about having incompatible cables and such.  I'm actually surprised they are switching so soon to USB C with the 8.  With Mac, you have professionals who are always trying to streamline and speed up their workflow, so supporting newer tech makes sense (although adding dongles temporarily into the equation is hypocritical).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Witchpop

Using Messages to iMessage is honestly so amazing. Ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Antimony
1 minute ago, Archetype said:

You're talking to someone who bought Apple's very first laptop with non-removable storage.  It sucks, but you learn to live with it if you, as Apple hopes (!!!!), spend hundreds more to upgrade the baseline config.  

 

Did they shade USB C at the iPhone 7 launch?  I must have missed it.  Apple has traditionally been very reluctant to update the ports on iOS devices, meanwhile, they are overly excited to switch every single port on MacBooks as soon as new tech arrives.  On iOS, you think about building an ecosystem of accessories, chargers, etc that you can share with others and not worry about having incompatible cables and such.  I'm actually surprised they are switching so soon to USB C with the 8.  With Mac, you have professionals who are always trying to streamline and speed up their workflow, so supporting newer tech makes sense (although adding dongles temporarily into the equation is hypocritical).

No, the headphone jack. Did you read about the backlash they got?

Edited by Antimony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Archetype
8 minutes ago, Antimony said:

No, the headphone jack. Did you read about the backlash they got?

Oops, I misread you... yea, it wasn't pretty.  I currently use Airpods most of the time now, aside from when I'm doing work on my laptop.  For mobile use, a good pair of bluetooth headphones are great.  If I didn't use Airpods, I would probably have the Beats X or B&O H5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
velocity

god i love my imac so much it's unreal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites