bedtimestory

The Apple Thread

Smarticle

Waiting for the iMac refresh....... our 2008 iMac is broken and has no trade-in value either

giphy.gif

West Coast

Need the Mini LED MacBooks to comet cause my MacBook Air has reached its limit..

giphy.gif

Robi
7 hours ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

I haven't heard anything regarding it but if I had to guess, Apple is either going to not do it over there or they're looking for a partner. Apple had a hard time even landing Goldman due to the way they wanted the card to work.

Apple is also facing an anti-trust suit in Europe over Apple Pay, why I do not know, so that could be another reason.

I thought Barclays was their partner in the UK and probably you are right unfortunately :chick3:

Can't_M!ss_This
7 hours ago, Robi said:

I thought Barclays was their partner in the UK and probably you are right unfortunately :chick3:

The Apple-brand credit card did/does use Barclays but for their own system they went with Goldman Sachs because I believe nobody wanted to join in on the terms Apple wanted. They didn't see a profit model in it. Hopefully it comes your way soon!

Robi
2 hours ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

The Apple-brand credit card did/does use Barclays but for their own system they went with Goldman Sachs because I believe nobody wanted to join in on the terms Apple wanted. They didn't see a profit model in it. Hopefully it comes your way soon!

Awww thank you :heart:

Can't_M!ss_This
14 hours ago, Smarticle said:

Waiting for the iMac refresh....... our 2008 iMac is broken and has no trade-in value either

giphy.gif

The rumored redesign or the iMacs with newer internals?

10 hours ago, West Coast said:

Need the Mini LED MacBooks to comet cause my MacBook Air has reached its limit..

giphy.gif

I'm excited for that as well. Looks like iPads and Macs with mini-LED could be out as early as this year but will most likely be early next year.

Hurem

Purple iPhone 11 is super cute. Is it worth upgrading from XR?

yJVUJr9.gif

raven

when the hell is the mac os public beta being released? 

giphy.gif

Smarticle
10 hours ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

The rumored redesign or the iMacs with newer internals?

Both tbh. Ours is broken so any one will do :celestial5:

I'd rather get the new Apple chip one though

Can't_M!ss_This
20 hours ago, Hurem said:

Purple iPhone 11 is super cute. Is it worth upgrading from XR?

yJVUJr9.gif

It's only 1 year newer, so I wouldn't recommend it. At least not until the iPhone 12 series comes out and the 11 line gets a price cut. Maybe the lower end 12s will also come in purple.

20 hours ago, raven said:

when the hell is the mac os public beta being released? 

giphy.gif

Should be later this month

11 hours ago, Smarticle said:

Both tbh. Ours is broken so any one will do :celestial5:

I'd rather get the new Apple chip one though

I've heard that the redesign will come with Apple Silicon but the Intel refresh is expected to arrive a lot sooner. Possibly even this month

PopMusicJunkie

Is Siri not working for anyone else while using CarPlay?  

MONSTER NAVY

the iphone 12 pro is shaping up to be the worst iphone. smaller batteries...same screen display as the budget version...:rip: even the same notch

Can't_M!ss_This
8 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

the iphone 12 pro is shaping up to be the worst iphone. smaller batteries...same screen display as the budget version...:rip: even the same notch

I'm sure there will be a lot of differences. Apple knows that they're not going to sell premium iPhones if they don't have enough differences from the lower models. Unless that is their new plan, offer a line of iPhones that are essentially the same aside from the # of camera lenses :rip: 

I do wonder why the batteries got smaller though. I know the 5G modem is going to take up more space. It could be a compromise until mini-LED is ready, which is thinner than OLED. I also wonder why reverse-wireless charging hasn't been mentioned. The iPhone 11 series apparently has the tech built in, it's just not enabled in software. It was one of the hot rumors and anticipated features for the iPhone 11 but I haven't heard anything about it since last year. A FAD

Can't_M!ss_This
On 8/1/2020 at 9:57 PM, Smarticle said:

giphy.gif

Well sis, I have NEWS! Your iMac refresh is here and it looks like the iMac and the iMac Pro have gotten really good upgrades!

Smarticle
7 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

Well sis, I have NEWS! Your iMac refresh is here and it looks like the iMac and the iMac Pro have gotten really good upgrades!

I saw :jonny:

I'm wondering if I should just get this now and then trade it in for the ARM version when it comes out...

Tbh, my mom's just gonna use the computer for website browsing and Youtube :deadbanana2:

Can't_M!ss_This
3 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

I saw :jonny:

I'm wondering if I should just get this now and then trade it in for the ARM version when it comes out...

Tbh, my mom's just gonna use the computer for website browsing and Youtube :deadbanana2:

Get it now! 

Smarticle
20 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

Get it now! 

I think they kept the same price this time around....can't wait for the raised prices of the next refresh

fwxilmR.gif