So far potentials for nominees have been

Joanne

24K Magic

Starboy

4 Your Eyez Only

Hardwired... To Self-Destruct

Blue & Lonesome

"Awaken, My Love!"

I don't see any of them winning. I think 24K Magic & Starboy will shoe-in noms. Joanne will be too old and the other is gonna die off quick now that HT/Grammys are over. Taylor will probably be competing at 2019 grammys rather than 2018. She's probably waiting until Q4 for them sales.

X6 will win AOTY, Best Urban Contemorary, Best Pop Vocal

10 hours ago, DJ Wolff said:

I think ADELE is winning AOTY. Both Pop categories she is nominated for will be announced in the Pretelecast. She is opening the ceremony, and the Big 3 are all announced in the later part of the show.

Told y'all!

• #FreeBritney Activist
5 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

The thing is,  y'all dont get the racist aspect of it:

ST lost against Beck, an album that sold almost nothing. Reasoning: His album is deeply creative and authentic, ST just had impact but didnt have authenticity. He produced it all by himself.

Lemonade loses against 25: Reasoning: Its commercial success is just untouchable. Grammys dont award creativity.

NO bull****! Grammys simply dont want to award Black excellence and only award them in specific BLACK CATEGORIES. Whenever they are up against mediocre white Pop/Rock/Indie artists, they LOSE.

Today was proof of that once again.

Stop making this about race.

If Purpose won then I would agree.

Adele had quality music, influence, impact, hits and a game changing era in terms of her success.

Beyonce had a great urban album that was impactful and visually deserved more awards than the music alone.

I'm surprise she lost to the beatles for that one category but all the other stuff is fine.

Beyonce remains a legend and adele remains a legend that just has more artistic credibility and authenticity to her craft. Adele doesn't realize that "entertainment value" and beyonce revealing more of her self because she didn't reveal herself until ST isn't necessarily award winning as people like Adele revealed themselves from the beginning

SgwU4Z2.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist
5 hours ago, Walley said:

BEYONCÉ loses to Morning Phase and the argument is that the latter was more creative and artistic and BEYONCÉ just sold more.

On this logic, should Lemonade not have been a shoe-in? The entire year Lemonade has been praised for it's creativity, while Adele just had "Hello" and big numbers. 

It's because she's black and there's no other explanation for it. 

Well other black artists have won Album of the year.

I think Adele didn't even realize when she said it but adele loved Lemonade because she revealed another side to herself that was great.

Adele as an artist revealed her true self from the beginning and I think many  people visually love Lemonade and it's artistic vision but some listening to lemonade on it's own not so much.

Adele has the artistic credibility, impact, influence, hits + success.

It's really hard to win against that because you finally begin to be more true to yourself.

Also, I lowkey think the grammy committee must not like when people try to use politics as a reinvention tool because they are VERY LIBERAL so I would think that the politics would have helped. With dixie chicks they received backlash and then pushed through like true artists and won. Lemonade seemed to capitalize on two things: politics + a scandalous event.

Maybe that took away from the sincerity and authenticity where 25 was taking a step to close the chapter of 21 and adele owning her faults and moving forward with the love of her man and her son

24 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Stop making this about race.

If Purpose won then I would agree.

Adele had quality music, influence, impact, hits and a game changing era in terms of her success.

Beyonce had a great urban album that was impactful and visually deserved more awards than the music alone.

I'm surprise she lost to the beatles for that one category but all the other stuff is fine.

Beyonce remains a legend and adele remains a legend that just has more artistic credibility and authenticity to her craft. Adele doesn't realize that "entertainment value" and beyonce revealing more of her self because she didn't reveal herself until ST isn't necessarily award winning as people like Adele revealed themselves from the beginning

SgwU4Z2.gif

In what world does Adele have more artistic credibility? You are really something else...

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

In what world does Adele have more artistic credibility? You are really something else...

In the world where she doesn't need 70+ contributors and entertainment tactics and waiting until her 5th and 6th albums to actually make artistic strides that didn't rely on taking from 70s 80s 90s sounds and modernizing them or watering down her sound to bubblegum woman anthems.

the one where people believe the music and the visual is not a distraction

the one where you know it's coming from the artists mind  and they are not putting out confusing messages just to get people talking.

so yeah...

Lemonade was great as a visual and entertaining but Grammys were looking for the actual artistic execution and sincerity in it.

adele

had that and success that will probably never happen again.

it was adeles to lose tbh

4 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

From pop we can also expect Ed Sheeran and Lorde to release albums that could be nominated too.

It could be a bad time for pop girls at the Grammys in 2018, because now we have two pop females in a row grabbing AOTY.

The Grammys might not want this to happen three times in a row, so it's probably better to release after the deadline and submit for the 2019 Grammys. Guess who is going to time it right to do that?

Ed is definitey getting a nom. 

Hmm I have a feeling Starboy may be snubbed.

Honestly, Lemonade wasn't even that good musically. If not for all of the gimmicks (fake marriage issues, black lives matter bait, the visual album, etc) it would have been a very average album. Anti was better musically by far, but we all know the industry politics. If we are speaking just music, Lemonade was average. It's not even better than 4.

11 hours ago, Chemical X. said:

Literally... the most nominated artists of the night barely got anything.

Beyonce went 2/9

Drake went 2/8

Rihanna and Kanye went 0/8

But the Academy was more than happy to use them for promo and to show that they were diverse and progressive. It's sad.

I still can't believe they actually snubbed Kiss It Better. I would be happy with just that one, but they had to go and snub her there too.

1 hour ago, JonRih said:

I still can't believe they actually snubbed Kiss It Better. I would be happy with just that one, but they had to go and snub her there too.

true, it was the most unfair part of the night

Rih deserved at least 1 grammy

Bacardo Royale
23 hours ago, slw84 said:

In the world where she doesn't need 70+ contributors and entertainment tactics and waiting until her 5th and 6th albums to actually make artistic strides that didn't rely on taking from 70s 80s 90s sounds and modernizing them or watering down her sound to bubblegum woman anthems.

the one where you know it's coming from the artists mind  and they are not putting out confusing messages just to get people talking.

so yeah...

Lemonade was great as a visual and entertaining but Grammys were looking for the actual artistic execution and sincerity in it.

adele

You didn't lie 

aretha-franklin-o.gif

Bacardo Royale
19 hours ago, Lasers said:

Honestly, Lemonade wasn't even that good musically. If not for all of the gimmicks (fake marriage issues, black lives matter bait, the visual album, etc) it would have been a very average album. Anti was better musically by far, but we all know the industry politics. If we are speaking just music, Lemonade was average. It's not even better than 4.

This is so true. Everything was on point except the actual melodies/production which honestly weren't as good as ST or 4. Formation is the only song that stood out and spoke to me.

5 hours ago, OpenBacardi said:

This is so true. Everything was on point except the actual melodies/production which honestly weren't as good as ST or 4. Formation is the only song that stood out and spoke to me.

Right. As far as a musical standpoint (just the music) Lemonade was just hype. If anybody else made that CD it woulda fell on deaf ears.

On February 13, 2017 at 4:57 AM, slw84 said:

so yeah...

adele

Both Adele and Beyonce steal heavily from soul singers. 

On 13/02/2017 at 0:12 AM, Dom said:

On 13/02/2017 at 0:12 AM, Almodusa said:

@Lukey your girl got beat up or something?

Her eye make up is not cute at all, I know.

However, she still looks better than most Pop girls. Only my fave!

Archived